• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E The downside of subscribing to Pathfinder RPG?

ruemere

Adventurer
I looked at the cost of subscribing to the Pathfinder RPG, then looked at the cost of international shipping, and said "no thanks!"

A us$43 book with us$45 shipping?

That is completely insane.

Check your own description: Official ENworld Optimist. Now go find a friend and share the expenses - I have preordered two copies, and the shipping cost went up only by 5 dollars.

By the way, looking at Amiri's writeup, it's going to be worth the price as the polished version of Barbarian class makes me want to play Cloud and Final Fantasy all over again...

Regards,
Ruemere

Or there is always their RIDICULOUSLY LOW PRICED pdf version.

...which you could then print at a print shop for a handy dandy savings on the combo cost you mentioned, Aussie.

;)

P.S. Thanks to your continent for Shiraz.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Being an optimist doesn't mean I'm stupid. The simple fact is I'd like to subscribe to the Pathfinder RPG line (I am to the Pathfinder APs), not just buy the initial RPG. However, the shipping costs are such that I'd do far better to buy it from a local store.

Given the exchange rate, to subscribe, it'd cost me about aus$115 to get the first book. If I got it from a local store... probably in the order of aus$70-80. (MilSims list it for $85, and they've been giving me 10%-20% off normally).

Even buying two copies of the book doesn't help much. aus$150 (locally) or aus$180 (from Paizo).

I can subscribe to the Pathfinder AP line because of the discount. It comes out at about aus$1-2 cheaper than buying it from the store.

Cheers!

Krome

First Post
I seriously was considering going to Gencon to pick up my copy and getting it signed.

Then I started thinking...
$50 for RPG
$100 for hotel room and meals for a day
$70 gas
$10ish for PDF
$230 for a $50 RPG and free PDF...

just can't do it

EDIT and I forgot the price of a one day ticket! What is it? like $50-60 or so?

Last edited:

bouncyhead

Explorer
I looked at the cost of subscribing to the Pathfinder RPG, then looked at the cost of international shipping, and said "no thanks!"

A us$43 book with us$45 shipping?

That is completely insane.

$40.88 shipping to the UK - makes no sense either. I think it has to be FLGS for me (or Amazon £28.49 with free shipping, but not until September :()

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads