• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Dragons Reborn I: Burning Streets (Feng Shui)

tsadkiel

Legend
John E Smoke said:
Golden Flower Bar

Jack Frost positions himself between Tony Shen and the front door, intending to prevent him from escaping no matter what.

Jack raises his borrowed Glock, but instead of aiming it at Tony, he tosses it past Tony's head. In the split second in which Tony is distracted by the gun flipping past his head, Jack grabs the barrel of Tony's gun and twists it away from May's head and, if at all possible, out of Tony's hand entirely.

Basically just an attempt to disarm, as per Golden Comeback. I won't shed any tears if Tony winds up with a broken finger or two, but it's mostly an attempt to end the 'gun pointed at head' situation. I will spend another Fortune Point on this maneuver.

Cepter

First Post
This can not last.

The thought runs through Shinji's mind as he assesses the situation. The wall of flesh and the pistol wielder seemed to be occupied by the new entrants, but the thugs with submachineguns were making the situation a little too hot. He chuckles under his breath as a plan leaps into his mind and his body flows into action. He dives from the doorway, wrapping an arm around Eiji's neck and using his other arm to twist Eiji's left arm behind his back in a hammerlock. He puts his head in the small of Eiji's back and rushes forward, using the Yakuza as a shield to absorb any incoming gunfire while keeping himself low.

And if Eiji should make it downfield in one piece, I can always break his neck.

OOC: Pretty much what it sounds like. I'll attack next round if Eiji's still alive.

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Cepter said:
This can not last.

The thought runs through Shinji's mind as he assesses the situation. The wall of flesh and the pistol wielder seemed to be occupied by the new entrants, but the thugs with submachineguns were making the situation a little too hot. He chuckles under his breath as a plan leaps into his mind and his body flows into action. He dives from the doorway, wrapping an arm around Eiji's neck and using his other arm to twist Eiji's left arm behind his back in a hammerlock. He puts his head in the small of Eiji's back and rushes forward, using the Yakuza as a shield to absorb any incoming gunfire while keeping himself low.

And if Eiji should make it downfield in one piece, I can always break his neck.

OOC: Pretty much what it sounds like. I'll attack next round if Eiji's still alive.

Seeing that he's about to be the last one in the street, Kane makes a dash to put the car between him and the gunmen, bobbing and weaving as he runs.

Corinthi

First Post
Mao groans audibly as he rolls to his feet, left hand moving to grasp his side. No gun, he failed to rescue the girl, and he looked silly doing so. Yes, definately a bad hand thus far. Might as well play it out to the end.

"If I only had a gun," Mao laments briefly as he glances around the bullet strewn bar. He ducks as the goon who threw him off the balcony takes a few pot shots down in his direction. Just then, some angle by the door tosses his gun in this beautiful spinning arc across the room, as if it were meant to draw the eye.

As the mook upstairs sights down at Mao, the gambler suddenly dashes then jumps forward, hand outstretched the catch the thrown weapon. Catching it, he spins in midair to plug the mook on the balcony before landing and sliding underneath a nearby table.

John E Smoke

First Post
OOC: Sorry for the delay, I've been waiting for Jadefinger's action. If I have to, I'll put him on GM-Pilot and move on with my update. Everybody who's posted actions: Your shots come further down the line, so be prepared to change up depending on what happens.

Last edited:

rbingham2000

Explorer
John E Smoke said:
OOC: Sorry for the delay, I've been waiting for Jadefinger's action. If I have to, I'll put him on GM-Pilot and move on with my update. Everybody who's posted actions: Your shots come further down the line, so be prepared to change up depending on what happens.
OOC: I didn't get much of a chance to post, as the stupid connection was acting up on me.

Plus, I was waiting to see what Jack Frost (or as I call him in my posts since Jadefinger doesn't know his name yet, the "crazy gwailo") would do since he's got a higher shot (and I'm not using Fast Draw this time since the USP's already out). Now that I do...

Jadefinger sees his chance when the crazy gwailo tosses a gun to distract Tony. While Tony is distracted, Jadefinger makes his own charge toward Tony.

As Jadefinger reaches Tony, he reverses his grip on the USP so that he's holding it upside-down with the barrel running down his forearm like a cop's nightstick. He then smashes Tony in the side of the head with the gun, using the extremely hot barrel to give the bastard something to remember him by.

Then in one smooth move, Jadefinger brings the gun back into its normal position, with the barrel pointed straight at Tony.

He smiles grimly. "You lose."

Last edited:

John E Smoke

First Post
Golden Flower Bar

The front door suddenly crashes open, and a tall man in a dark green suit with sunglasses, a grim expression, and a very nasty scar that curves down and back upwards across his neck strides in. Without even a glance, he guns down three of Mark Huan's men with short bursts from a pair of MP5 Ks, and announces "The Golden Flower Bar belongs to the Black Dragons. Leave now or die."

OOC: Anybody with a decent crime-related info skill will know from reputation that this is Two Smiles - or would that be Three Smiles, now?

Roll: +10, -4

Jadefinger 13
Jack Frost 14
Mao 13
Tony 13
Tony's Men 6
Mark's Men 11
Two Smiles 13

OOC: Let me know if you intend to stick to your posted action or not.

---
Wanchai District

In order to get things moving, I'll go ahead and end this sequence - and try out the car chase rules in Golden Comeback.

Kane and Shinji, sensing that the odds are soon to be stacked against them, dive into Hai Lee Fong's battered Camaro amidst another hail of gunfire. As soon as they're in, Fong revs up the engine and floors it.

The yakuza close to their van pile in, and the gunman takes the wheel, preparing to give chase.

Alright, here's where things are a little different. Hai Lee Fong has the lead, which gives him a +1 to his Drive. In order to lose the yakuza, he needs to make three "escape" rolls (opposed driving rolls, taking three shots) in a row - but may take other actions in between each escape roll. So you can make a roll, shoot, then make a roll two more times and escape. So here goes...

Hai Lee Fong: 13
Kane: 13
Shinji: 14
Gunman: 12
Mooks: 10

tsadkiel

Legend
John E Smoke said:
OOC: Let me know if you intend to stick to your posted action or not.

I think I will. Jacks' goal is still to get May out of danger, and the new guy showing up just makes that more urgent.

rbingham2000

Explorer
When Two Smiles barges in, Jadefinger is in the middle of his charge. He ends up with the muzzle of his gun inches from Tony's head.

Jadefinger locks eyes with Two Smiles. The two of them had been something of rivals when they were younger, back when they were both freelance hitmen. Son of a bitch was too crazy to die, even after Jadefinger had emptied a full clip from an Uzi into him point-blank.

Unfortunately, he'd left the aforementioned Uzi, along with his other assorted instruments of death, in the duffel bag in the trunk of his car, which is currently at least a block away. And with only five bullets remaining in the USP and only one spare clip to back him up, Jadefinger doesn't envy his chances against two automatic weapons wielded in tandem.

But Jadefinger can take the opportunity to disable one of these automatic weapons and tip the odds more in his own favor. He aims for the top of the clip of the MP5K in Two Smiles's right hand and fires, hoping the impact will at least ruin the clip and jam up the gun, if not knock the thing right out of his hand.

As an added bit of nastiness, the muzzle of the USP is near enough to one of Tony's ears that the report will completely mess up his hearing in that ear, as well as cause some serious powder burns.

OOC: Yes, I do know my guns. If Tony survives this shootout, he's definitely going to qualify as a mortal enemy, in true melodramatic fashion.

John E Smoke

First Post
Golden Flower Bar

With a well-timed shot that can only be described as "lucky", Jack Frost shoots the glock pointed at May's head out of Tony Shen's hand. Tony curses as the gun flies from his grasp, arcing in the air.

"If only I had a gun," Mao mutters to himself when he suddenly notices Tony Shen's glock about to land nearby. He dives for the weapon, catches it, and handily dispatches another of Tony's men before he lands, sliding a short distance on his back.

Jadefinger's gaze is met only by an inscrutable expression from behind Two Smile's dark sunglasses, but did he just notice a faint smile on his old rival's face as he squeezed the trigger? In any case, his aim is true and knocks the MP5 K out of Two Smiles' left hand, evening the odds a little.

At the same time, Tony Shen ducks his head to the side as he pushes May forward and away with his now-disarmed hand, and drops quickly drops down and backwards.

Jadefinger's momentary feeling of triumph is short-lived, however, as he feels hot steel pressing against his ribs before erupting in a painful flash. Below him, Tony smiles and shouts "Gotcha, bastard!"

Undaunted by the loss of one of his firearms, Two Smiles strides in with a sense of purpose, nailing Jack Frost in the arm with a quick burst.

Mark Huan's remaining men open fire at Two Smiles, putting several holes in the door frame behind him.

OOC:
Jack Frost: +3, +4 Fortune, -2, + 13 Guns = Hit!
Mao: +5, -5, +13 Guns = Hit! One mook down, one left?
Jadefinger: +7, -4 +15 Guns = Hit!
Tony Shen: +11, -4 = Hit! Jadefinger takes 10 Wound Points
Two Smiles: +1, -1 = Hit! Jack Frost takes 7 Wound Points

Phew... talk about a nasty few shots, the only misses were courtesy of mooks! I changed up Mao's action a bit to fit the current action, hope you don't mind. I also hope the success of this sequence so far doesn't encourage a rash of disarming in the future, sheesh... By the way, see the OOC thread for an extra bit of fun.

Jadefinger 10
Jack Frost 11
Mao 10
Tony 10
Tony's Men 6
Mark's Men 8
Two Smiles 10

Remove ads