• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Dragons Reborn I: Burning Streets (Feng Shui)

Velmont

First Post
"I won't charge you for that ride, but you'll have to try to get them out of combat if you want to be sure to reach your destination. My poor car have taken too much hit, a few more and I won't pay much for our skin."

Fong try to escape them by racing in small streets.

tsadkiel

Legend
His arm explodes in pain, and a part of Jack wants to embrace it, wants to die gloriously, taking as many of the enemy with him as he can. If there's a Heaven, he knows he'll never see it, but it's not too late to reserve a seat in Valhalla.

But not today. There's a civilian in danger, and Jack will not fail again.

The second the hostage-taking idiot loses his grip on May, Jack is there. He takes her hand and, in a motion that resembles ballroom dancing more than any school of martial arts, he sweeps May along with him, behind a convenient cluster of overturned tables. Once they're both behind rudimentary cover, he looks her in the eye and says, calmly but firmly, "Stay down. If it's not too late for Mark, we'll save him too. But I will not let you get yourself killed."

Jack lets go of May's hand finally, and takes off his jacket, revealing a blood-stained flat grey dress shirt and a holster, from which he pulls his own pistol.

"I'll be right back."

rbingham2000

Explorer
Jadefinger's gamble paid off, but at the same time, he paid the price as Tony unloaded on him with his other gun (why did he forget he had another gun?!).

Tony's shot knocks Jadefinger on his ass. Before Tony can get up, Jadefinger whips his gun back toward Tony and cuts loose.

OOC: I've had just about enough of this bastard. I'm taking two snapshots, one to blow out both of Tony's kneecaps, and the other to double-tap him in the head.

This will use up the remaining four rounds of the USP, and when I'm done with this stunt, I'm rolling backwards toward a nearby table for cover so I can reload.

EDIT: All right, that's enough editing from me.

Last edited:

Corinthi

First Post
Mao scoots backwards across the polished wood floor, putting a low lying table between him and the gunmen at the door. The mooks upstairs should be able to sort out themselves, but that still leaves the two gents up front causing grief. With Jadefinger already bloodied, the odds need balanced.

Mao leans up over the table just long enough to pop off a quick shot at Two Smiles, hoping the gunman is too busy paying attention to the other folks to pay much notice to him.

John E Smoke

First Post
OOC: Before I update, I just want to get something clarified. Jadefinger is using two snapshots - a snapshot that costs one less shot than usual subtracts 2 from your AV, while a snapshot that costs two shots less subtracts 5 from your AV. I just want to be perfectly clear on what Jadefinger is doing here; the way I'm interpreting it, he's using a snapshot for a called shot on Tony's knees, then another snapshot for a called shot to the head? If so, how many shots are each of these going to cost?

rbingham2000

Explorer
John E Smoke said:
OOC: Before I update, I just want to get something clarified. Jadefinger is using two snapshots - a snapshot that costs one less shot than usual subtracts 2 from your AV, while a snapshot that costs two shots less subtracts 5 from your AV. I just want to be perfectly clear on what Jadefinger is doing here; the way I'm interpreting it, he's using a snapshot for a called shot on Tony's knees, then another snapshot for a called shot to the head? If so, how many shots are each of these going to cost?
OOC: Two shots each.

John E Smoke

First Post
Golden Flower Bar

Jack Frost takes a moment to ensure May's safety before rejoining the fray...

In a blind rage, Jadefinger takes out his pain and frustration on Tony as he attempts to shoot out his kneecaps. Tony manages to scramble away and dive behind a table, trading a stray shot in response.

Mao fires a quick shot at Two Smiles and hits. The killer seems to shrug off the wound and continues his calm stride into the club as he switches targets again,
failing to hit the gambler through his cover.

OOC:
I'm going to go ahead and give Jack Frost a +2 on his next AV for the melodramatic "I'm getting serious" moment.

Jadefinger: +8 -4, -2 snapshot, -2 called shot, -2 multiple targets(?) +15 Guns = Miss

I'm still somewhat confused by this. By your description you're making four attacks, using two shots each? Or two attacks, trying to hit multiple times on a called shot on each? I just resolved this as the latter.

Tony Shen: +2, -4
Mao: +8, -2, + 13 Guns = Hit! Negligible(?) damage
Two Smiles: +3, -8

Jadefinger 8
Jack Frost 8
Mao 7
Tony 7
Tony's Men 6
Mark's Men 8
Two Smiles 7

---
Streets of the Wanchai District

Hai Lee Fong races through the streets of the Wanchai District, swerving and weaving through oncoming traffic several times in an attempt to lose the yakuza. The van chasing them begins to fall behind, but is still well within sight. The side door of the van opens up and one of the yakuza mooks pokes his head (and his gun) out, and fires a quick burst that riddles the back of Fong's Camaro.

Kane and Shinji hang on for dear life, but even they can tell that they're not going to get away if the yakuza score many more lucky shots...

OOC:

Fong: +3, -3, +3 Signature Vehicle + 15 Drive VS.
Gunman: +2, -2: Fong wins
Mook gunner: +14, -2 = HIT! One more wreck done.

Shinji and Kane might not have guns, but I'm sure they can think of something to do to distract the other driver or the gunner... Make use of those martial arts skills without pummeling somebody's skull!

Hai Lee Fong: 10
Kane: 10
Shinji: 11
Gunman: 9
Mooks: 7

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
John E Smoke said:
Streets of the Wanchai District

Hai Lee Fong races through the streets of the Wanchai District, swerving and weaving through oncoming traffic several times in an attempt to lose the yakuza. The van chasing them begins to fall behind, but is still well within sight. The side door of the van opens up and one of the yakuza mooks pokes his head (and his gun) out, and fires a quick burst that riddles the back of Fong's Camaro.

Kane and Shinji hang on for dear life, but even they can tell that they're not going to get away if the yakuza score many more lucky shots...

OOC:

Fong: +3, -3, +3 Signature Vehicle + 15 Drive VS.
Gunman: +2, -2: Fong wins
Mook gunner: +14, -2 = HIT! One more wreck done.

Shinji and Kane might not have guns, but I'm sure they can think of something to do to distract the other driver or the gunner... Make use of those martial arts skills without pummeling somebody's skull!

Hai Lee Fong: 10
Kane: 10
Shinji: 11
Gunman: 9
Mooks: 7

Kane carefully picks up a piece of the shattered rear window (assuming it was hit), and lobs it forehand at the gunner the next time he pokes his arm out the window.

Cepter

First Post
Shinji barely glances as Kane's glass shard comes into his peripheral vision, carefully considering what to do next. The gunfire was not unexpected, though it's accuracy was, considering the traffic that should have (hopefully) stopped a few bullets for them. He glances sideways, his eyes fogging a bit as he tries to recall the man beside him, the oddly familiar figure. But that all receeds as he sees something more useful in the immediate future: a gas can. He tears a strip from the bottom of his coat and pulls out his lighter as he stuffs the scrap in the top of the can. He almost lights it, but even his revenge driven mind won't let him just throw it back and possibly incinerate anyone who happens to be behind them. For now, he just lights a cigarette as he grabs several large chunks of glass, ones thick enough to take a little jostling, and throws them widely across the road, hoping any accidents they cause will be minimal and impairing only to their pursuers.

Chucking out some jury-rigged caltrops.

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
"Well, try to U-turn with that Van,
dirty insult
"
searching the nearest boulevard, he turn on it. "Time to buckle your belts and get your gun ready!"

In attemp to escape, Fong will try to go on a boulevard, and will do a U-turn at an intersection, as his car have a better handling.

Remove ads