• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Dragons Reborn I: Burning Streets (Feng Shui)

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
John E Smoke said:
Wanchai Park

Shinji takes the first opportunity to throw the tire iron with great force and nails the van's windshield with a dead shot to the middle. The entire windshield crashes in and the van swerves aside as the driver and passengers are showered with glass and a big ol' piece of cold steel.

Hai Lee Fong takes advantage of the moment and tears across the park at full speed, occasionally swerving to avoid late-night visitors, benches, and foliage.

Kane quickly sees that the trio is safe for now. The only question is where they are headed.

OOC:
Shinji: +10, -4
Fong: +7, -8 versus
Gunman: +1, -1, and I think we can see where this is going after the tire iron incident.

Your first fight is over, gentlemen! You can scratch off any injuries you may have suffered (though when you turn up later you'll still be bruised and battered, but miraculously in full working order).

"Where are we headed? And who are you?" Kane asks Hai Lee Fong, one hand inconspicuously holding the door lock open.

tsadkiel

Legend
John E Smoke said:
Two Smiles' head rocks back with the impact but remains standing. A faint trail of smoke rises from the new hole in his head, and amazingly, Two Smiles straightens himself. The scar in his throat splits open, revealing a set of teeth.

Seeing this, Jack completely forgets about Tony. Instead, he fires wildly at . . . whatever that thing is.

ooc: I'm fully expecting that the bullets will have no effect; I've got some stunt ideas for the next time my shot rolls around, but we've got to have the repeated bullets beofre we figure out he's not taking damage, right?

EDIT- Upon consultation with my fellow players, I'm making this action a snapshot, if that's okay; since it'll only take one shot, I'll go ahead and post my next action a little further down.

Last edited:

rbingham2000

Explorer
Jadefinger's eyes go wide as he witnesses Two Smiles take a bullet -- scratch that, TWO bullets, one of them directly in the head -- and it didn't even faze him.

And then he sees the maniac's throat open up like something out of a horror movie.

So THAT'S why I wasn't able to kill him last time -- son of a bitch isn't even HUMAN!

Addressing the others, Jadefinger quips, "All right guys...does anyone around here know anything about how you're supposed to kill a monster? Because these goddamn guns AREN'T WORKING!"

With that, he takes off toward the pool table. If guns can't hurt this ugly-ass monster, he's going to tear this bar apart until he finds something that does.

He starts by hauling out a pool cue and a cue ball left over from an abandoned game of pool. He lays the USP on the table, throws the cue ball up and gives the ball a good solid CRACK that splinters the cue into several pieces. As the ball sails on a line-drive toward Two Smiles, Jadefinger retrieves the gun and takes aim.

He intends to give Two Smiles a face full of hot cue-ball shrapnel and the others some time to come up with a better plan of attack.

rbingham2000

Explorer
tsadkiel said:
ooc: I'm fully expecting that the bullets will have no effect; I've got some stunt ideas for the next time my shot rolls around, but we've got to have the repeated bullets before we figure out he's not taking damage, right?
OOC: I figured it out the minute I saw him shrug off a gunshot to the head!

If it's in the chest area and someone shrugs it off, you can usually blame it on body armor. But when someone shrugs off a headshot, it's usually a fair indicator that you're just going to waste ammo trying to find other spots to hit.

So, anybody got any ideas as to what might kill Two Smiles besides guns?

Velmont

First Post
Paxus Asclepius said:
"Where are we headed? And who are you?" Kane asks Hai Lee Fong, one hand inconspicuously holding the door lock open.

"To my meeting and your savior it seems... and you don't even know the sacrifice I just made for you. I love that little baby more than the hide of any stranger."

Fong goes through the streets up to the place he was suppose to meet his boss.

tsadkiel

Legend
rbingham2000 said:
OOC: I figured it out the minute I saw him shrug off a gunshot to the head!

If it's in the chest area and someone shrugs it off, you can usually blame it on body armor. But when someone shrugs off a headshot, it's usually a fair indicator that you're just going to waste ammo trying to find other spots to hit.

So, anybody got any ideas as to what might kill Two Smiles besides guns?

ooc: Hey, it's a genre thing - they always waste bullets even after something like that. :cool: But it's really not safe to mess around in combat at the moment, so I'll go back and edit to make the shooting a snapshot.

As for what might kill him - could be anything. Depends on how many Damage Immunities he has. I think we need to just try different stunts until something works.

rbingham2000

Explorer
tsadkiel said:
As for what might kill him - could be anything. Depends on how many Damage Immunities he has. I think we need to just try different stunts until something works.
OOC: That's pretty much the tack I'm going to have Jadefinger take, but I'm going to have him keep his distance -- he's already got two bullets in him from shooting it out with Tony and his punks, and I don't much envy his chances in a close-up fight, especially since:

1) We don't know what other freaky powers this guy's got

2) Jadefinger's primary means of dealing death are useless against him, and

3) The Killer has absolutely no martial arts skills whatsoever, which means the best I can do to this guy with the Guns skill in a close-up situation is burn his face with the barrel (since it's still quite hot).

John E Smoke

First Post
OOC: Hey guys, you mind discussing strategy in the OOC thread? That'll make it a lot easier for me to sort through the action posts when I do my next update. Heh, I'm not sure who you all are going to hate more now, Tony or Two Smiles...

rbingham2000

Explorer
John E Smoke said:
OOC: Hey guys, you mind discussing strategy in the OOC thread? That'll make it a lot easier for me to sort through the action posts when I do my next update. Heh, I'm not sure who you all are going to hate more now, Tony or Two Smiles...
OOC: If I recall correctly, the only one who hasn't posted yet for this fight is Corinthi.

And for the rest of you, if you want to discuss how we're supposed to take this monster out, I've just posted in the OOC thread. That will be the last of my OOC posting in here for now.

Last edited:

Corinthi

First Post
Mao is absolutely stunned speechless by the display of inhumanity before him. With wide eyes he watches the creature 'spit' out the bullet, and is only really shocked into motion by the searing pain of a bullet through the leg.

With a shocking string of profanities, Mao scuttles away from the immediate gunfight, seeking better cover while going over options. Leaving a crimson trail in his wake, he dives over the bar, seeking some cover that's a touch more substantial than the table he was behind before.

As his wits begins to slowly return, he murmurs, "Well, I guess that's why they call him Two Smiles..."

<Just an active dodge this shot. Mao isn't a fighter by trade, so he's /mighty/ perplexed by a guy who takes a bullet to the head and just grins...twice.>

Remove ads