• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Dragons Reborn I: Burning Streets (Feng Shui)

Velmont

First Post
"Great, that just make my day. Couldn't be just a normal day like any other." say Fong while he takes his gun lying at his feets. He jumps out of his car and move next to the door and looks inside to see what happening.

OOC: I suppose it is at the Golden Flower Bar that I was suppose to meet Mark Huan? If yes, is he there?

tsadkiel

Legend
"So you can bleed."

Jack lets go of his improvised stake, leaving it sticking out of the creature's chest. He follows up with a quick kick to the stake itself, driving it deeper into the wound.

"That's good to know."

I'm not really going for any special game effect here; this is just a Martial Arts attack with the stake that hopefully looks cool. As always, I'm hoping the Eagle Eye schtick will help with any visibility penalties; for a schtick that I picked pretty much at random, I've gotten a lot of use out of it so far. :)

With that, he rolls out of the mist in the vicinity of the man with the fire extinguisher.

"Jack Frost. Nice to meet you."

Corinthi

First Post
tsadkiel said:
With that, he rolls out of the mist in the vicinity of the man with the fire extinguisher.

"Jack Frost. Nice to meet you."

"Bi Jiao Mao, a pleasure," The small oriental man grins and inclines his head but briefly, "Pardon me for a moment."

Mao steps forward, swinging the heavy extinguisher in a two handed overhead arc, trying his best to beat the brains out of the monstrosity before him before stepping back. He glances over to Jack, "Been in Hong Kong long?"

<Simple Martial Attack. My Martial Arts isn't all that great, but I'm hoping the beast has taken penalties by this point. Oh yeah, active dodge if I get attacked. Reckon I've ticked off Two Smiles pretty effectively by now.>

Last edited:

Cepter

First Post
Like a machine that's suddenly plugged back in, the scene of violence before him seems to renew Shinji's animating force. He flicks his cigarette out of the window as he slides out of the car, fingers twitching in anticipation. Not hearing any immediate gunfire, but still not trusting the door enough to make a typical entrance, Shinji looks around until he spies just what he needs to make an alternatative entrance, a nice metal trash can. He sends it flying through a previously unbroken window and dives in right after it, the ragged edges of the window slicing the border of his coat into long strips as he goes into a roll, ending up behind the trash can and in a crouching stance, looking around and ready to lash out at any potential target.

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Cepter said:
Like a machine that's suddenly plugged back in, the scene of violence before him seems to renew Shinji's animating force. He flicks his cigarette out of the window as he slides out of the car, fingers twitching in anticipation. Not hearing any immediate gunfire, but still not trusting the door enough to make a typical entrance, Shinji looks around until he spies just what he needs to make an alternatative entrance, a nice metal trash can. He sends it flying through a previously unbroken window and dives in right after it, the ragged edges of the window slicing the border of his coat into long strips as he goes into a roll, ending up behind the trash can and in a crouching stance, looking around and ready to lash out at any potential target.

Kane, cursing at his companion's apparent death wish, likewise slides out of the car, but takes cover in an alley across the street from the ill-fated bar.

John E Smoke

First Post
Golden Flower Bar

Two Smiles staggers backwards, grasping the pool cue in his free hand as he shoots at the now-concealed Jack Frost, who is able to duck away.

Jack Frost immediately rises back to his feet and rushes the monster, kicking at the end of the broken pool cue. Two Smiles turns at the last moment, however, and Jack Frost is left kicking the pool cue aside and out of Two Smiles' chest. His impetus takes him back out of the slowly dispersing cloud and next to Mao.

Hai Lee Fong rushes into the Golden Flower Bar, gun in hand. What he sees is devastation. Several bodies lie on the ground, much of the building is riddled with bullet holes, and almost everyone left in the bar is hiding underneath the few unbroken tables and screaming for all they're worth. What really catches his attention, though, is what's apparently a large cloud of smoke settling in the middle of the floor. Two men standing nearby (one of them clutching a fire extinguisher) have their attention fixed on this cloud. The one with the fire extinguisher rushes into the cloud and...

Mao swings blindly in the thick cloud, and is rewarded with a solid clang as the fire extinguisher connects with the side of Two Smiles' head.

Shinji breaks into the building from the side and lands on his feet in a booth. As he looks out, he sees the same thing.

Seeing that standing in this cloud isn't going to help, Two Smiles runs and rolls out towards the bar, and takes aim at the first enemy he sees: Jack Frost.

Outside, Kane can see that there is indeed some manner of fighting going on in the Golden Flower, punctuated by the occasional gunshot.

OOC: No penalties for martial arts attacks with cover, sadly.

Two Smiles: +1, -1, -3 = Miss
Jack Frost: +1, -2 = Miss
Mao: +7, -2 = Hit! Slight Damage
Two Smiles: +2, -2 = Hit! Jack takes 6 Wound Points

Jadefinger 10
Jack Frost 11
Mao 9
Two Smiles 9
Hai Lee Fong 10
Shinji 9
Kane 8

tsadkiel

Legend
ooc: If I've added everything correctly, Jack's up to 17 WP at this point. No impairment yet, but still - OUCH! ;)

Jack stumbles backwards, into the now heavily damaged bar. As he reaches out to steady himself, he notices that a section of metal railing has become dislodged.

"About a month, this time," he tells Mao. "But I lived here for a few years back when I was with the Civil Service."

Jack steps forward and uses the section of metal railing to take a swing at Two Smiles's head.

"Funny. Last time I was here, Hong Kong seemed relatively monster-free."

Corinthi

First Post
"Tell me about it." Mao walks forward, hosing down the monster with the fire extinguisher. CO2 worked so well in keeping him alive last time. "Of course, I'm rather hoping this is all some sick fever dream and that I'll awaken later regretting all the absinthe I drank the night before."

Mao grins suddenly at Jack, "I'd ask you to pinch me, but Mr. Freak of Nature here has already shot me once, and that didn't work."

Remove ads