• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Dragons Reborn I: Burning Streets (Feng Shui)

Cepter

First Post
Shinji sits back in the car, hunched down against the wind blowing through the new opennings in the classic vehicle. He suddenly seems a lot less...motivated since tha battle ended, as though most of the animating force has left him. When he does speak, his voice is less laughing than it was when he traded quips with with Eiji and his thugs, sounding more hunted and worn down as he addresses the only part of the driver's statement that got through to him.

"Meeting? With who?"

John E Smoke

First Post
Golden Flower Bar

Absolutely shocked by the scene he just witnessed, Jack Frost begins firing wildly at Two Smiles, who no longer bothers to avoid the attacks.

Two Smiles ignores the attacks from all directions, instead focusing on the gambler, whose quck footwork sends him clear of the monster's assault.

Jadefinger scrambles to snatch a cueball and tosses it at Two Smiles, then shoots it out of the air with precision, showering Two Smiles with splinters. The monster raises his arm to shield himself; though he doesn't seem to be badly hurt, it does apparently annoy him.

Mark Huan's remaining men are utterly horrified by the scene that has just unfolded and run away screaming.

OOC: Alright, I don't know what an exploding cue ball would do for damage, but I figure 6 sounds fair.

Jadefinger: +10, -4 = HIT, Slight damage
Two Smiles: +2, -2 = Miss

Jadefinger 1
Jack Frost 3
Mao 3
Two Smiles 1

rbingham2000

Explorer
Jadefinger rolls his eyes as he notices Mark's men running away screaming. Then he realizes...

Mark!

Taking aim, Jadefinger fires one last shot, aimed toward the remaining MP5K in Two Smiles's hand. At the very least, he wants to knock the gun out of his hands.

Regardless of whether or not he hits, Jadefinger then hauls it for all he's worth toward the staircase. Even if he failed to kill Tony, he wants to get Mark out of this madhouse, dead or alive.

tsadkiel

Legend
Jack steps back, and grabs the pool cue that the man in white just dropped. He snaps off the end to give it a nice point, then lunges at the monster with a general stabby motion.

Corinthi

First Post
Mao crouches behind the bar, head covered as the monster's gunshots rain a torrent of broken glass and alcohol down onto his head and back. Glancing to the side, he takes a moment to grin at the waitress crouched behind the bar with him. "Hi there. Stay down."

Glancing around quickly, Mao thinks to himself, 'Alright, bullets don't work but someone just hit him with a cue ball... Not bringing a knife to a gunfight... Oh..what's this?'

Mao grabs a fire extinguisher from under the bar and grins. "I knew this would get messy." Readying the extinguisher, Mao hops over the bar, charging toward Two Smiles, nozzles aimed at the monster's face. As he closes he fires, spraying a stream of white foam toward the monstrosity before him. "Got another set of eyes to go with that grin!?!?"

<OOC: Alrighty, how about blinding the monster, then beating him to death with the blunt end of a fire extinguisher? I'll concentrate on the first bit right now and worry about the beating later. I'd like to do a Diff 4 Fortune check to determine the difficulty of this stunt. You don't need to tell me the result, but if it's gonna be tough, another Fortune die gets dropped.>

Last edited:

John E Smoke

First Post
Corinthi said:
<OOC: An action movie staple is blowing up fire extinguishers, but if the best I do is make a nice smoke screen, I'll live with that. I will blow yet another fortune die, if the stunt seems to have a chance to succeed. If not, I'll save the die.>

OOC: You sure you want to do that? At the same time you do this, Jack Frost is going to be right in front of Two Smiles.

Corinthi

First Post
John E Smoke said:
OOC: You sure you want to do that? At the same time you do this, Jack Frost is going to be right in front of Two Smiles.

<OOC: Nahh, Jack posted while I did so I didn't see his action when plotting. That and it took me a while to type my post as I was doing research to see if Saki would burn. ;) I'll edit the above post.>

Last edited:

Cepter

First Post
"Mark Huan."

Shinji wracks his brain, trying to remember if that name ever came up when he was still "on the job". But he had never really been involved in the planning side of Yakuza business, and he was unsurprised when he drew a blank. Still, Huan was certainly not a Japanese name, and he certainly knew how little the Yakuza liked to connect itself with "lesser criminal elements", like the Tongs, the Triads, or anyone else. Heck, the driver may not even be involved in the underworld at all, could just be a down-on-his-luck racer, the way he drove.

And so the fighter just sits back down in the seat, waiting for the end of the ride and trying to refocus his energy and ignoring both the driver and the other passanger for now. After all, who knew who would be waiting at the end of the line?

John E Smoke

First Post
Golden Flower Bar

Jack Frost moves quickly and stabs Two Smiles in the chest with his make-shift spear, inflicting a shallow wound that lightly bleeds very dark blood.

Mao weighs his odds and realise that he has no idea just what it will take to faze this monster, and decides to put his faith in his luck. He leaps back over the bar and sprays Two Smiles with the fire extinquisher, engulfing the monster's head with a white cloud of freezing cold carbon dioxide. The monster's sunglasses a blown off, and when the gas disperses his eyes are revealed to be pupiless, milky white orbs.

Realising that the cloud will make it difficult for Two Smiles to see (and thus shoot), Mao again presses and holds down on the trigger for as long as he can, and the cold gases continue to build up.

Jadefinger squeezes out another round at Two Smiles if only to attempt to slow him down as he rushes back upstairs to check on Mark Huan.

In the middle of the CO2 cloud, Two Smiles appears as only a vague shape. At the same time, however, he can hardly see anything else, and fires a burst at the closest blur he can make out.

OOC: Well turns out Iron & Silk is more useful to me than I had thought. The fire extinguisher can be swung as a weapon for Str +3 damage, or the the contents can be used for concealment. I decided to give you a Guns roll to aim for Two Smiles' face and score a little damage with the cold gas, too.

Jack Frost: +4, -2 = Hit! Slight damage
Mao: (Gambler schtick) +2, -7 = Failure
Mao: +2, +5, -1 = Hit! Slight damage
Two Smiles: +4, -2, -3 Cover = Miss

Hai Lee Fong pulls up in front of the Golden Flower Bar, noting a black BMW convertible parked almost into the street in front of the front door. The door is wide open, and sounds of gunfire and screaming are heard from within. Whatever Fong and his passengers were expecting, what they're getting is apparently nothing but more trouble...

New Sequence

Jadefinger 10
Jack Frost 14
Mao 12
Two Smiles 15
Hai Lee Fong 13
Shinji 12
Kane 11

OOC: By the way, if you haven't seen already, the Rogue's Gallery thread has been updated with a couple of the named characters you've already tangled with.

Remove ads