The Drawback of Having a High Constitution

mythusmage

Banned
Banned
Massive infections that would lay most folks low leave you looking good when you're really in bad shape.

I let my teeth go bad. So I'll be having a few of them removed. This includes my remaining wisdom teeth, and that means surgery. So all extractions will be done at once. This to be followed by getting fitted for upper dentures. Unless California agrees to pay for implants.

The bad teeth included a bad upper canine. The upper canines are also known as the eyeteeth because the root goes up to the sinus just under the eye socket. Which means the infection in the root got int the sinuses. Add to that a cyst sitting on my left kidney, and you've got a bad situation all around.

All this is why I sort of went away for a few days and neglected a certain thread. I have at least one surgery coming up, possibly two, and a course of hardcore antibiotics with possible ultrasound therapy for the sinus cysts. The kidney cyst might be treatable wit ultrasound as well.

At least my gallbladder stones are behaving themselves. :)

bento

Explorer
Take care of yourself!

As much as it's easy to skip regular dental appointments, if you don't do it you'll pay for it in the end. I should know cause I've been in that boat making excuses cause my insurance is no longer taken by my favorite dentist and I'm too lazy to find another. :\

mythusmage

Banned
Banned
megamania said:
As a cancer surviving diabetic I understand some of the discomfort you are talking about. It'll be over before you know it.

In my case "over before you know it" all too often includes another trip through puberty. And the way you lot have made such a fuss about it in the past century it's enough to give a kid a complex.

Third Millennium BC

Sargon: Notice your boy is starting to get woodies whenever he looks at girls now.

Gilgan: Yep, soon he'll be bedding 'em too.

Third Millennium AD

Assistant DA: Mr. Jones, how dare you allow your son to so blatantly insult the women of America by having spontaneous erections in front of them!

Treebore

First Post
It may not be a high constitution. You may be like me and be immune to the toxins given off by infections, so you never show any of the signs of having an infection unless the puss comes oozing out on its own. IE no fever, no feeling sick, etc...

mythusmage

Banned
Banned
Treebore said:
It may not be a high constitution. You may be like me and be immune to the toxins given off by infections, so you never show any of the signs of having an infection unless the puss comes oozing out on its own. IE no fever, no feeling sick, etc...

Well actually, its not that I don't exhibit any symptoms, it's more that my symptoms are 'different'. I'm tired all the time, can only stay awake for few hours at a time, stuff like that. In addition, I'm one of those people who exhibits a chill instead of a fever when I have an infection. And it's within the normal range of variation, so it tends not to alert people. Being different is such a joy at times.

Treebore

First Post
Yeah, I found I was different the hard way too. The good news is if I hadn't been the 3 in 10,000 with my mutation my doctor said I would have been dead instead. So being different was a good thing. With the infection being deep in my abdomen, around staples left from a previous surgery, my doctor said I would have died before he/they would have figured out what was wrong with me.

So being a mutant can be good.

Remove ads