• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Dungeons and Dragons II: Wraith of the Dragon God spoiler filled thread.

Wormwood

Adventurer
I maintain that it would make a decent module (except for Falizure's appearance at the end—replace it with a half-fiend great-wyrm dracolich and be done with it).

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I wish that Klex the Malign (the lich) had looked more lich-like. I picture liches as being laregely skeletal, with sunken skin clinging to their bones, and the trademark pinpoints of light in their eye-sockets. Klex was a cool character who just didn't get the visuals he deserved.

Did it also strike anyone else as weird that he seemed to go out of his way to try and be useful/loyal to Damodar until the end (when victory seemed assured), and then abandoned him? And what was that creature he kept polymorphing into?

trancejeremy

Adventurer
Ah, there is some connection with the first movie. In the credits, it mentions "Sweatpea" whatzit. Which is the company that did the first. (I know this because they also were the people financing Marc Miller's Traveller).

So far ... like the MM illustrations at the beginning, and the occasional Greyhawk nod (Temple of Obad-Hai).

LOL at mage multi-classing to cleric, and failing to cast a mending orison.

Nice use of gust of wind.

Wouldn't a (Colossal) sleeping dragon wake if you lifted its eyelid?

Credits: ARGH! Courtney Solomon is the executive producer!

KenM

Banned
Banned
How many people wanted to turn it off when they saw Courtney Soloman's name in the credits? I thought he had nothing to do with this one.
Nice work in of the artributes.

Last edited:

Ooh .. they stormed the Ghost tower of Inverness! Why couldn't they tell that story?

Fighter, cleric, elf wizard, halfling rogue ... an almost quintessential party. Interesting choice of the female barbarian as #5. Or is Lord Beric supposed to be a paladin?

Edit: You'd thing WOTC would be advertising D&D during this.

Edit2: And so there was a D&D commercial ... but it sucked!

Last edited:

d20Dwarf

Explorer
Wait a minute...I just heard a sound clip from one of the Baldur's Gate games (I think it was the console game Dark Alliance 2) as they were panning in on Ismer. It was the bird/nature sound you get when walking through the woods. I know that's what it was. :)

Remove ads