The Dying Skyseer - release date?

gideonpepys

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
We're not currently anticipating any.

That's great. The three-month gap between #1 & 2 is perfect for throwing in extra adventures, but I didn't want to get ahead of myself and have to do the same for #3.

We're not going to badmouth our freelancers. :)

I didn't consider it to be a negative thing. Freelancers depart for all kinds of reasons. Just wondered which artist's work wouldn't be featured in future.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I didn't consider it to be a negative thing. Freelancers depart for all kinds of reasons. Just wondered which artist's work wouldn't be featured in future.

Since it delayed us, you can probably surmise that it wasn't a regular departure - more a disappearance after the art deadline had passed. It was a new artist though - not one we've used before - so you won't notice the absence.

And then the replacement did exactly the same thing.

Luckily Shin Fei stepped up and said he could cover those pieces.

Falkus

Explorer
Care to share?

I haven't actually decided what I'm going to do in between adventures one and two; just that I am going to do something; and tie it to my players' backgrounds! Most likely, I'll find a Pathfinder Society or Eberron adventure that meets my criteria; then convert it to the Zeitgeist setting.

gideonpepys

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
I'm using the Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh: the first adventure ever released by TSR UK back in 1980, and the first adventure I ever DMed!

(As well as some other stuff.)

Rewarding the players with items to add to the list of stuff they can buy back from the RHC at later levels, as well as rituals and consumables.

mort655

Explorer
My group is investigating a Crisillyir smuggling operation in a small Risuran Fishing town. The smugglers are controlling a local water fae to aid them, and the players are trying to solve the problem before the Unseen Court solves it for them.

DonTadow

First Post
I'll share.One of my PCs has in their background that they are from an elven clan whose women were all taken as slaves. He and his brothers had made it their mission to find them.

He has been meeting a "deep throat" throughout Adventure 1 Zeitgeist who has information on the slave trade. Right now they are chasing down one of these leads, which happens to be the home town of another PC, whose father went crazy when she was a teenager while he tried to create the anti-life potion. They end up finding out that a scientist has been buying elven women as slaves and experimenting with old notes of the other PCs father. As a matter of fact because the other PC is an aasimar, the mad scientist is a distant relative her father sired after he went crazy and left home.

I chalked a third PC's background in the mix because her father and brother are pirates and may apart of hte slave trade. The pcs found a ship with the manifest of part of the fleet, and her last name was on there twice.

In a nutshell, the PCs investigate slave trade, stumble upon zombie epidemic, chase down rogue pirates, find themselves in "The Thing" movie.

Adventures I am using
Mansion of Deceit by Blackbyrne Publishing - this sets the basic frame of the adventure.

A 4th edition D&D insider Zombie Siege - I found the ending to deceit to be anti climatic, so I wiped it and installed this zombie siege replacing the orb with the PC's father's book. Essentialy the mad scientist accidently created an undead army.

Custom Ship to Ship Combat Rules - The PCs find evidence of where the slave ships come and go and track them down. I spent a week creating ship to ship combat rules that could be used for any ship to ship encounter. I find the current rules to only cater to a couple of PCs and not try to incorporated everyone. It uses 4e Skill challenges.

Cold Visitor by LPJ Design - The captain is long gone, but if tracked leads to an island "like Axis Island" controlled by the Ber. Everything else is like the adventure except they are not on another plane persay. Created a skill challenge combat for the end of this one and inserted a Capture the Flag encounter from Kobold 13.

I'm interested in your ship rules, because we're putting a sample of our ship rule system into adventure 2. The full version will come out in 2012, so there's still time for me to fiddle if I see useful ideas.

Goldkatana

First Post
Most highly regarded RangerWickett,
Does the eta still stand at 10/21 (i.e. this Friday!)? Sorry, my players and I are chomping at the bit and wondering if we'll actually have a campaign to play in two days.

Thanks!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Most highly regarded RangerWickett,
Does the eta still stand at 10/21 (i.e. this Friday!)? Sorry, my players and I are chomping at the bit and wondering if we'll actually have a campaign to play in two days.

Thanks!

It's in layout now. We hope to have the 4E version done by Friday (but with time zones, it depends what time on Friday it's done - it takes me several hours to upload the files to all the different outlets and versions they need to go to, and I'm 6 hours ahead of the US - and much as I love you guys, I'm not sacrificing my Friday evening to do that!), with the PF version days afterwards.

Goldkatana, are you a silver subscriber? If so, send me an email at ryanznock@gmail.com and I can send along the final text of the adventure. It's not fancy-looking, but it has the information you need.

Oh, also key: are you playing 4e or PF?

Remove ads