D&D 5E The Elementalists (FULL)

Queenie

Queen of Everything
:heh: Sure I would play, sorry lol. Depending on which way Greenmtn went, fire sounds appealing... but I can wait and discuss with my fellow players :D

tglassy

Adventurer
I do want to stress that the elemental 'heritage' can be as pronounced or hidden as you desire. You could create someone who never knew they had it in them until they are called. That's up to you.

Greenmtn

Explorer
:heh: Sure I would play, sorry lol. Depending on which way Greenmtn went, fire sounds appealing... but I can wait and discuss with my fellow players :D

I was leaning towards either Air or Earth so fire is all you!

Tglassy - What about the Elemental Monks and the partial casters (Arcane trickster, Eldrich Knight)? Are they also regulated by the academy? How are they viewed in society?

The more I hear about the setting the more excited I get about it. Sounds like a lot of fun.

tglassy

Adventurer
Good questions!

Eldridge Knights would have to learn their craft at the academy. Their powers are derivative of wizards, so that makes sense. How their country treats them is up to you, but I would imagine they are in high demand. They likely get more freedom than a full caster, but still are watched. I can see them rising fairly high in the ranks of whatever army they work in.

Arcane tricksters, I feel, are more often Pariahs. Some are spies or assassins who learned in the academy, but most likely were taught by other Arcane Tricksters, or sympathetic wizards, or even other pariahs.

Elemental monks are not arcane casters, and therefore are not under the Academy. They study in monasteries, and help keep the balance between the elements. They are regarded with respect, for the most part.

Azurewraith

Explorer
Sounds pretty interesting I would be up for it. Just to make sure I follow everything(head is totally mashed no sleep, 5am shift at work and I'm on kiddy watch) so if your a qualifying race you can pick any class? And vice versa

tglassy

Adventurer
Correct. And most races are qualifying races, as if they have subraces, you can exchange the subrace for a Genasi subrace to make them qualifying. Basically, everyone has to have a connection to the elements in some way. Either they're born with it, which is a qualifying race, or they get it later, which is a qualifying class.

And multiclassing will be encouraged and fixed. I've already mentioned that ASi's are based on Character level, not class level, with fighters getting their extra ones at the appropriate levels. I've toyed with the idea of doing other things to make muliticlassing more beneficial, but I think that may be enough, honestly. Most people don't like multiclassing because of the lost ASI's.

The only limit is that, if you're going to take a Qualifying Class as your qualifier instead of a race, and then multiclass, you have to take at least three levels in that class to qualify. So, three druid, monk, or Sorcerer levels, then you can do whatever, and those have to be the first three levels. That gives you a strong enough connection to the elements to be chosen for these missions.

This does mean that normal human and variant human can only be included if they're druid, monk or sorcerer. Humans with Genasi subrace just use the Genasi stats.

Azurewraith

Explorer
Ye just ended up re-reading this... in the shower Of all places... water proof phones for the win! I have about a dozen character ideas and as for element ill take what ever no one else wants I'm easy. Before I commit to a class I'll have to see your re-works.

How we generating stats and what material is legal?

tglassy

Adventurer
Monk Remastered: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1pdYIcfHauwNDM2My1XeWFYSDA/view

Fire, Water and Earth Sorcerers: http://dnd-5e-homebrew.tumblr.com/post/136184278980/sorcerer-elemental-origins-by-atomicacid

I did not come up with these. I found them and loved them.

As for other materials, obviously PHB, SCAG and EE Player's Companion. If you want something from a UA, ask and I'll consider. I'm an easy DM when it comes to character creation. If you have your own homebrew you want, I'll consider it, but no promises.

When I have time, I'll update the first post to include more detailed character rules.

Let's do a standard point buy for stats.

Leif

Adventurer
So how many slots are left? Any??

This game is very, very cool. If I could choose any character that I wanted, I think I would lean towards an Earth Genasi (human) Four Elements Monk. If that is unavailable, my second choice would be a Human Druid. Third choice would be my first-ever female character, a Sylph Wizard.

You know what? Thinking more about it now, maybe I should adjust the order of those characters, so first choice sylph, second Earth Genasi, third human.

Last edited:

Remove ads