• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E The Elementalists (FULL)

tglassy

Adventurer
Since I'm doing a 27 point buy, with 15 being the highest you can get to with the point buy, yes, I'll let that roll. It'd be no different than letting you roll and you getting a lucky 18. You'd be throwing all your weight at one stat, which means no more than a +2 for two other stats. That's +8 bonus total. With a 13/13/10/13/13/13 array, plus normal human, that puts a +2 on five stats, giving a +10 bonus. Sure, it's more diluted, but this way, you're sacrificing other stats for the one you really want. I'm ok with that.

That said, I'm a stickler for the role play. So, your character had better have a durned good reason for having a stat that large. I don't mind people taking advantage of a high stat (an air genasi elf with 18 dex becoming an archer, cause duh), but if you're going to do that, make sure it's part of the character's backstory. A score of 10 is average. Most heroes in these games are 12-14. An 18 means you're just that much higher above the others, so make it part of the person. The Elementalists that are called are the exceptional ones, anyway, so no, I don't mind this at all.

I'm pretty sure we're starting at level 5, and everyone gets an ASI at level 4, regardless of multiclassing. So that means, if you play your cards right, you COULD have a 20 in one stat. I don't mind that. If I'd let you roll it, it's possible you'd have one anyway, and with the point buy, at least everyone's got the same probabilities.

Azurewraith

Explorer
Since I'm doing a 27 point buy, with 15 being the highest you can get to with the point buy, yes, I'll let that roll. It'd be no different than letting you roll and you getting a lucky 18. You'd be throwing all your weight at one stat, which means no more than a +2 for two other stats. That's +8 bonus total. With a 13/13/10/13/13/13 array, plus normal human, that puts a +2 on five stats, giving a +10 bonus. Sure, it's more diluted, but this way, you're sacrificing other stats for the one you really want. I'm ok with that.

That said, I'm a stickler for the role play. So, your character had better have a durned good reason for having a stat that large. I don't mind people taking advantage of a high stat (an air genasi elf with 18 dex becoming an archer, cause duh), but if you're going to do that, make sure it's part of the character's backstory. A score of 10 is average. Most heroes in these games are 12-14. An 18 means you're just that much higher above the others, so make it part of the person. The Elementalists that are called are the exceptional ones, anyway, so no, I don't mind this at all.

I'm pretty sure we're starting at level 5, and everyone gets an ASI at level 4, regardless of multiclassing. So that means, if you play your cards right, you COULD have a 20 in one stat. I don't mind that. If I'd let you roll it, it's possible you'd have one anyway, and with the point buy, at least everyone's got the same probabilities.
So will you have my babies?

tglassy

Adventurer
Since I am not a seahorse, that wouldn't be possible, I'm afraid. And my wife may take exception to trying. In fact, I'd take exception to trying.

Azurewraith

Explorer
Since I am not a seahorse, that wouldn't be possible, I'm afraid. And my wife may take exception to trying. In fact, I'd take exception to trying.
Well I have a 10month old... take him or his brother... no demon in them at all...

I have about a dozen characters in my head right now ranging from ultimate weapon in training to tribal outcast lol.

Fenris

Adventurer

I and a friend worked up a few theoretical ways to make that work back in grad school. Both to create the zygote from two males (and then a surrogate mother is easy) as well as creating an artificial womb in a male out of bladder tissue and donated renal arteries to create an umbilical cord.

You know, if you were to not take exception to trying.

Fenris

Adventurer
tglassy said:
I would love to have at least one character to represent each element. But, we'll see if anyone is actually interested before I put that kind of rule on it. I might say that these races are all fairly rare, so we shouldn't have more than one of the same elemental race.
Ok onto this and to try to keep in line with T's ideals:we have (as far as has been stated)
Greenmtn:
JustinCase: probably water, white dragonborn sorcerer, or a water genasi elf warlock
Queenie: Definitely Fire, Genasi or Tiefling, most likely Sorcerer
Azurewraith:Barbarian
Fenris
Leif: Sylph Wizard

Last edited:

Remove ads