• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E The Elementalists (FULL)

Queenie

Queen of Everything
The Elementalists (Interest check, not Elemental Evil)

If it helps anyone, I'm leaning towards a Genasi or Tiefling, most likely Sorcerer. I'm starting another new game with a sorcerer too but my goodness, are they going to be different :D

Sent from my iPad using EN World mobile app

Greenmtn

Explorer
My top ideas so far in no order.

Varingian - A Goliath Barbarian who came from a clan/tribe that war hired by "civilized people" and starting to convert to their ways (MC into one of the other martial classes or maybe take up new religion)

This one will require some prior approval. BUT Githzari (I can send all the racial stuff to you i . A pm when I get home) Monk here from the plane of chaos where his people used ki and force of will to shape the chaos around them into the things they needed to live. With things being unbalanced their home is in danger as the chaos gets harder and harder to control

That would either out me at Earth or "neutral" If Githzari doesn't work I could sub Aaracokra. I'm also toying with the idea of a Aarocakra Ranger but that idea isn't fleshed out much yet.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

tglassy

Adventurer
Ok, so I'm going to let y'all decide something. I'm having a hard time setting the time period. To be entirely honest, I feel like this is supposed to be set in the Industrial Age. I don't know why, but I do. Like, science and technology are just beginning to boom. Steam engines are a thing, railroads are new and cool, and best of all, there are guns. Revolvers and rifles mostly.

This could just be because I'm currently DM'ing a game on another site that has both fantasy and sci fi stuff going on, and it seems to be working really well.

In this case, the reason swords and melee weapons are still a thing is because of magic. it's a simple thing to enchant a suit or armor to be bulletproof. In fact, we can assume any magical armor of any kind is bulletproof. Not blade proof. It means against firearms, your AC gets a boost. Makes firearms cool, and useful, but not more so than a good mace.

Or we can go with a normal fantasy setting. Medieval, feudal, that type of thing. I just feel like that's been so...done.

The story basically would be that since the War of Magic, the number of wizards and magic users are fairly low, which caused people to look for other means to accomplish their goals. Thus, science became a thing.

I would very much like to see what would have happened to the world had the Industrial Age happened while magic still abounded. What do y'all think? I realize this might affect your characters a bit, but there it is.

tglassy

Adventurer
All the normal fantasy stuff applies. Elves, dragonborn, elemental heritages, yada yada. But since Magic is used less, people started turning to science. It's like Forgotten Realms if Forgotten Realms was updated to the Industrial Age.

Fenris

Adventurer
I can roll with some steampunk. Especially in this kind of set up with the elemental races. It could work. Much like the Victoriana game setting. I am good either way, but if the tech floats your boat, it's your game man, if it makes you excited, I bet all of us could adapt.

Greenmtn

Explorer
I can roll with some steampunk. Especially in this kind of set up with the elemental races. It could work. Much like the Victoriana game setting. I am good either way, but if the tech floats your boat, it's your game man, if it makes you excited, I bet all of us could adapt.

My feelings exactly.

on that note, Gunslingers!

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads