The Emperor's Own Luck

DrZombie

First Post
The officer stands in the elevator going down to the docking bay of the sleek cruiser, lost in thought, one hand holding a stack of personnel files, the other fingering the cruel scar that outlines his cybereye.

The last one was too close. Almost bought it. Almost...
His mind goes back to the starting days. Taking service in the Emperor's Great Armies. The 15th Founding. Together with Jack, Peter and.. Damn... What was his name. Don't matter. He's dead now. Landmine. And Jack. And Peter. Them and all the rest. Trench Warfare on Scepter, of all places. We were grinded to dust. First my first squad. Then my second. Them my third. Richie got a headshot. James turned and ran,then shot in the back by the commisariat. Then the rumors started. Then the gas and the attack.

Last man standing, the Emperor only knows why. Then the second army. Didn't help that the departio munitiorum didn't provide a new uniform until after a month. The rumors followed me. Bad Luck. Hexed. Have him in your squad and you die. Didn't help that the commissar executed a sarge who objected for spreading superstition, a capital offence. Hah, might as well have us all shot then. Then the tyrannids came. Hive Fleet Dagon. And again I lived where others died. Andthe rumors spread.

Ironically, being the odd man out put me in the tower, alone, with my heavy MG, when the attack came.

And then, when I am down to my last rounds trying to shoot them buggers off my squadmates, something hits an ammo dump. So that's me being seen shooting down at my own compound en then something going boom and killing off every thing living, friend and foe alike. Valkyries were circling to drop the reinforcements. Adeptus Astartes, of all things. Dressed in black armor with their chapters markings on one shoulder. One of them even praised me for making such a valorous sacrifice. I recognised the chapter. Dark Angels. The fourteenth disappeared when on an action with the Dark Angels. And everyone knows someone who knows someone who swears he recognised his granddad turned into a servitor. He had a burn that mutilated his smile when he said he'd recommend me.

And now this. A promotion. A couple of squads. And everyone of them composed of misfits. Of survivors. Ready to get shuttled off. To the...

He checks his papers again, looking for the name of the transport he's supposed to find .

You sit in the cargo-bay turned troop-transport. Surrounded by strangers, as you have been since you lost the rest of your unit to the enemy. Suddenly you hear someone outside laugh. Probably read the name of your shuttle.

The Emperor's Own Luck

Hi there. I'm starting my third and last dark Heresy game. Players in my other campaigns are wellcome :). No knowledge of the rules needed.

You are the survivors of an army, grouped together with a few others who have had the same problem. Choose any homeworld/profession. You start with 7000 XP. I will seriously consider any matarial from any of the sourcebooks. Expect a 'dirty dozen' kind of adventure, with loads of action and horror :)

Shayuri

First Post
Seven THOUsand exp. Damn man.

I'd love to try a psyker at that level. But let me see if my tortured mind can blurp out a decent concept before I get too far into this. :)

rb780nm

First Post
I would love to get in on this one... I'll put something together for consideration tonight

Thinking Scintilla born Assassin with a rank of ordo-sicarius training...

Last edited:

rb780nm

First Post
Ordo-Sicarius is an alternate rank from Daemon Hunter for assassins. Mostly grants access to a psy rating and some minor powers. It fits my concept, although I could tweak things if you don't like it...

Jose Miguel don Diego de' Torres was born in the lower levels of the Metallican hive. He grew up amongst gangs and killers, learning the craft of taking life almost before he learnt low gothic. In his teens, he made the mistake of committing several high profile murders in front of too many up-hive witnesses. Quickly aprehended he was sentenced to a penal legion and shipped to a war-zone.

In a continuation of his misadventures, the war-zone his first deployment ended up at was Mara, where - amongst the general horror of the situation - he distinguished himself in combat, providing covering fire from an exposed position to the LZ of an evac shuttle, saving many lives at great risk to his own.

Promoted/paroled to a position in the regular guard, Jose soon further distinguished himself as a sniper on a number of guard deployments and on several secondments to the services of a number of Inquisitors who required heretics or traitors in the vicinity of his warzone eliminated.

Recently, he has come to the attention of the ordo sicarius - a secretive branch of the inquisition - who have provided him with a great deal of training, including the unlocking a weak latent psychic talent he possessed.

(Technically Mara is a guardsman background, but if we're playing "guardsmen" I figured it might be ok. I can easily rework my plans if you don't like them though...)

DrZombie

First Post
It sounds like a good idea. How about I dangle the ordo siccarius training in front of you as a reward for completing the first story arc, as it is my intention to bring your squad to the full attention of the Inquisition during the first story, and we'll work from there. Having a hint of psychic powers without Inquisitorial training will result in you having a lho-stick while you lean against a wall looking at some people who apparently will have a shooting competition nearby in the near future, and I want to start you guys off in the military without Inquisition.
Have a look at which powers you might want to buy and we'll figure a way to weave them into the story.

Using an assassin is fine, and you may use the Mara Background

Remove ads