The Enemy Within: Shadows Over Bögenhafen

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Aaryn nimbly dances around the ring, casually, yet cautiously all at once, which is impossible to do unless you are an elf of course. He keenly eyes his opponent with interest, looking for a weakness. All warriors have a weakness...
OOC: For the first round, Aaryn will make an Arcana check as a minor action to see if he detects the presence of a conjuration or zone. He then makes an Insight check as a minor action to determine his opponent's next intended mode of attack. For his standard action, he readies to counter with an unarmed strike (kick or punch, depending on the situation) if the man comes within striking range.

Edit: Assuming Monster Knowledge checks are free, Aaryn will also make a Nature check to see whether this "man" is truly just a man.

Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
Hans watches the action from close to the ring. He is specifically watching for any shenanigans - magical or otherwise - that could affect the outcome of the match.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Crusher and Aaryn circle each other for a bit. Crusher makes a few feints in Aaryn's direction and the elf retaliates with some inexpert looking punches and kicks. Then the champion suddenly lunges forwards. Aaryn catches him with a well-placed elbow strike and tries to dart aside, but the champion suddenly grabs him in an armlock.

[sblock=OOC]
Aaryn can't detect anything magical, Crusher seems like a perfectly normal human being, albeit muscle-bound. He can tell that the champion is feigning his initial strikes, and that he is holding back.

Aaryn - unarmed strike on Crusher 18+9=19 vs AC, hits for 1d4=4 damage.

Crusher - grab attemp on Aaryn, succeeds. Aaryn is grabbed and immobilized.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

airwalkrr

Adventurer
"Nice trick," Aaryn says as he allows the man to grab him, "but you should know that elves cannot be grasped so easily. I need not even use magic to escape your hold." One second, Aaryn is in the man's clutches, the next he has vanished and appeared directly behind the man, delivering a swift kick in retort. Seeing his attack is easily dodged, he cunningly strikes again with a heroic effort. But it seems luck is not with him, as the man soon notices his location after the first attack and turns to dodge effectively.
OOC: Move: Fey Step to behind the man
Standard: unarmed strike
Action Point: unarmed strike
Unfortunately, I doubt my unarmed strike bonus is as high as +9, unless you are going to be generous and allow me to use my Int bonus for attack rolls. Best I can do with an unarmed strike is probably +0 since my Str is -1 and my level bonus is +1.

I am assuming that a racial power is not considered magic.

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
"He's a slippery one, The Elf With No Name, folks," calls the barker. "Moves so fast you can barely see him. Will he be able to last the distance?"

Crusher again falls to circling Aaryn, then suddenly rushes in with more force than last time. He slams into the elf and grabs him again, this time with more force and less accuracy.

[sblock=OOC]
Although both of Aaryn's attacks missed, because of Garold's presence he gains 5 temporary HP for his missed action point roll.

Crusher - Grappling Strike on Aaryn, hits for 5 damage and grabs Aaryn. Aaryn is immobilized again.

DC for any kind of escape attempt is 16.
[/sblock]

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Aaryn tries his best to wrangle free of the brute, thinking that being in his grasp is not in his best interest. He then throws a punch, aiming for the man's jaw.
OOC: Move: escape
Standard: unarmed strike

Dr Simon

Explorer
Aaryn fails to break free from Crucher's grasp, and his punch lands feebly and without effect. With a grin and a theatrical roar, Crusher runs at the ropes with Aaryn still in his grasp and slams him into side of the ring. He lets go and steps back, basking in the approval of the crowds.

[sblock=OOC]
Aaryn - attack and escape attempt fail.

Crusher - Slamming Rush on Aaryn for 7 damage, but Aaryn is no longer grabbed.
[/sblock]

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Aaryn wipes some blood dripping from his mouth and flings his arm to the side. He stares down the man, then shouts a challenge to the man, "I think we can all see you are a stronger fighter in hand-to-hand combat. But of course you are in your element, whilest I have both hands tied behind my back. Were we to compete on a level playing field, I wonder would you fare so well? I offer you this challenge. Ten crowns says that you could not resist even one of my spells. If you resist, you get my gold and I concede defeat. But if you fail, I win the challenge. Come now, you're not afraid of one little spell are you?"
OOC: I'll roll an Intimidate check if it will help... *cross fingers*

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Hey! No magic! No magic! That's the rules!" shouts the barker from the ringside. Crusher gives him a blank look like a bull appraising a passerby. He turns to Aaryn and, in a voice like a bag of rocks, says

"Let's see what you've got."

He adopts a ready stance as if he could block Aaryn's spell with his fists.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Aaryn calls upon the spirits of the wind and the keepers of the earth to his power. He holds his hands out open-palm to the sky at his side as he closes his eyes and begins to mutter magical words of great power. The wind whirls around him as he opens his eyes to reveal they have changed a deep and radiant blue. He stares at Crusher and exerts his will against him, seeking to overwhelm the mighty brawler with a tide of magical weariness.
OOC: Cast Sleep.

Remove ads