The Enemy Within: Shadows Over Bögenhafen

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Aye sir, and it would. If ye'd be so good to pay 'em in there." He gestures as best he can towards the tent behind the stocks. The town coat of arms hangs over the entrance, which is flanked by two halberd-carrying guards.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Approaching the guards

"Excuse me, could you tell me what this one here had done? Is lack of money only thing he's guilty of?"

OOC: Kildrak is willing to pay for someone fallen on hard times, but not for trouble maker or drunk. Whatever his crime is, he will pay, get the dwarf out and then take him somewhere private for a lecture in dwarven language

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Oh, him? That's just old Gottrii. Drunk as usual," sniffs the guard. Kildrak manages to settle to bail with the magistrate on duty inside the "festival court", and, as the guards are unlocking the stocks and Gottrii is fawning gratefully over Kildrak, there comes a shout from nearby.

Hans, who has been scanning the crowd for signs of trouble, notices a commotion over by Dr. Malthusius's Zoocopia. A little three-legged goblin, perhaps little more than a snotling really, has broken away from the dwarf handler and is scampering through the crowd.

"Stop him!" shouts a man who must be Dr. Malthusius. "A reward to anyone who catches that goblin!"

Last edited:

Neurotic

"Here's your chance to redeem your good fortune, clansman, go for it!" priest urges the dwarf drawing a quick rune of healing to get him on his way. As a byproduct, all his allies hit more powerfuly for a short time

"Don't kill it!"

Dr Simon

Explorer
The dwarf, Gottri, looks at Kildrak stupidly.

"'M very thirsty," he mumbles. "C'n ye spare us a few shillings?"

Meanwhile, Garold is in pursuit of the little creature, which although small and with a strange hop-and-skip gait due to its three legs, has a head start and has the advantage that people get out of its way, whereas Garold has to shoulder his way through gawkers.

He almost makes it, though, but as the mutant goblin reaches the town walls it squeezes through a broken grating at the base of the walls and is gone.

Dr. Malthusius and his dwarf arrive, breathless. Some of the festival guards trot over too.

"That's torn it," says one of them. "The little bugger's gone into the sewers."

"My gracious thanks for your athletic endeavours on my behalf, my friend," says Dr. Malthusius to Garold. "I will offer you a most generous bounty if you were to consider continuing your pursuit of yon wayward beastie."

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
"Well, I'm really just worried about what the trouble the little bugger will cause if left alone in the sewers."

Garold pulls his sword and straps on his shield, "Can you see if you can get me a large sack, Sir? I am going to see if I can bring it back alive."

OOC: Anyone close by that wants to accompany Garold?

airwalkrr

Adventurer
"Goblins in sewers will not do. Consider him captured. Have my bounty ready," Aaryn exclaims quite matter-of-factly without even bothering to discuss the matter with his traveling companions. After making off in the direction of the sewers he turns back to look at them, opening his hands out in front of him and glowering as if to say, "well, are you coming or not?"

Neurotic

"You're shame to our people, drunk! Be grateful we got you out of that torture device and begone!

Why are we pursuing this? Lone goblin cannot do much, especially disfigured one. Leave it to his meager existance."

Remove ads