The Enemy Within: Shadows Over Bögenhafen

Walking Dad

First Post
Gorim Grimmson

"He will most likely get eaten down there by rats or worse.
It's not about preventing a danger but recovering property."

Gorim says, but ready to follow, if the others do.

[sblock=OOC]

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Gorim Grimmson
Perception: 13 Insight: 13 Low-light Vision
AC 18 Fortitude 17 Reflex 12 Will 13
Initiative: +2
Hit Points: 37 / 37 Bloodied: 18
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist:
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:9 Surges per day: 12 / 12
At-Will Powers: Brash Strike, Cleave
Encounter Powers: Dwarven Resilience, Hack and Hew, Boundless Endurance
Daily Powers: Driving Attack

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

FourMonos

First Post
"Nay, I'll not have any mischief or foul deed's the goblin performs in the future on my conscious. I'm going after it, I hope you'll join me."

Garold pulls the sewer grate open a bit more so he can squeeze inside the sewer and starts down after the goblin.

Dr Simon

Explorer
"'Old on, 'old on," says the guard. "We can't have citizens just wandering into the sewers without authorisation. We'll have to sort this out with the magistrate first."

"My dear fellow, time is of the utmost if these stout yeoman are to recover my valuable property," says Dr. Malthusius.

"Won't take long sir, we can use the festival court," replies the guard. He points to the nearby tent. He positions himself in front of the grating; a strong hint to anyone not to try to get past.

(Not that anyone could, very easily. Not only is the opening small, but the rusted grating over it makes it smaller still. The goblin was small and lithe to be able to squeeze through. For a normal-sized human it would be a feat of contortion to follow it by the same route).

Gottri mutters something incomprehensible at Kildrak and wanders off in the direction of the beer tent.

[sblock=OOC]
The grating is a breathing hole for the sewers. Anyone who wants to try an Acrobatics check (aided by the Escape Artist feat if you have it) can try to get in that way, otherwise you will need to find another way in. You can, of course, disobey the town guard and not follow them if you want.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Runaway goblin.jpg
    Runaway goblin.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 71

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Of course we will follow the procedure. Why don't you take our names and collect the papers and let us in immediately so we don't loose the creature? When we return, we'll collect the papers. Is that possible?"

FourMonos

First Post
"Fine, fine, how long will this take?" Garold puts away his sword and storms off toward the tent indicated.

He calls back to Dr. Malthusius, "Get the bag! I'll be back in a moment."

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Aaryn rolls his eyes and mutters, "damn bureaucracy."

Then, tapping his foot, he looks on towards the tent and then back at the grating. "Well now get on with it," he says to no one in particular. He knows he's no diplomat and chances are he'll just be in the way if he tries to expedite things.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Magistrate Heinz Richter listens to Dr. Malthusius's story of the goblin runaway, then any witness testimony, whilst his scribe carefully writes it all down. Precious time passes before the Magistrate finally ratifies an expedition into the sewers, and authorises a reward of 50 Crowns for the return of the goblin, dead or alive. This is on top of Dr. Malthusius' offer of 50 Crowns for the return of the goblin alive.

The two guards take any volunteers to a manhole cover inside Bögenhafen, the nearest access point to the breathing vent where the goblin entered. Here, a set of rungs lead down to where the sewer vaulting opens out. A ladder is lowered down; this hooks to the bottom set of rungs and stands on the walkway along the edge of the sewer.

Once all the volunteers are inside, the guards close the manhole cover, with a final call of "Good hunting!". The only light is that from the torches that you have. The squeaking of rats echoes eerily down the tunnel.

[sblock=OOC]
You are at a T-shaped intersection, the "leg" of the T leads back towards the stink-pipe, the "crossbar" running roughly north-south.

The town, and Dr. Malthusius, are willing to provide mundane equipment such as torches, rope, Garold's requested sack, etc., so state if you need anything.

It would be good to say who is carrying any light sources, also a Perception roll from everyone.

I've attached the sewer tunnel diagrams, less for any need to but more to demonstrate how insanely detailed some of this material is. You are currently in a "major" sewer tunnel, which has walkways along the sides wide enough for people to travel in single file.

I'm assuming that all player characters are coming along on this venture, say if not.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Sewer Diagram.jpg
    Sewer Diagram.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
I'll work on getting Kildrak up to level on RG so you can check it before next combat starts. Except for one utility, not much has changed :)

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Aaryn waves his hand over his orb chanting "lumina arcata," causing his orb to glow brightly illuminating the path ahead of him. "Shall we proceed?" He is prepared to take point heading north, which seems the most obvious path of travel for the goblin, if no one else will. Otherwise he will remain a step or two behind whoever leads.
OOC: Since we have had the time for a short rest, Aaryn will expend 2 healing surges to bring him back to full hp. Currently 24/24 hp with 4/6 healing surges remaining. He casts light upon his orb once in the sewers.

Remove ads