• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Enemy Within: Shadows Over Bögenhafen

Insight

Adventurer
Meanwhile, Hans enjoys the atmosphere of the Crossed Pikes, which is full of revellers fresh from the fair. The barman comes over to his table in one of the quieter moments to collect his empty beer mug.

"Get you another?" he asks. Hans notices that the man has a tattoo of a dagger on the back of his right hand, marking him as a member of a thieves guild.

"Oh, yes, fine sir. I like this ale. Is it brewed locally? You know, I hear that certain businesses have been hit hard by some protection rackets. I hope yours isn't one of them."

OOC: Hans, while he fully realizes that he's dealing with a member of the thieves guild, is trying to play coy and see what information he can get from the barkeep on the local scene. I'll roll a Bluff check if that's needed to pull this off.

LOL well scratch that idea!

Walking Dad

First Post
Gorim Grimmson

Gorim takes a long look at the slime, drawing from his knowledge how to heal poisons and acid burns to deduce if it is save to touch.

[sblock=OOC]
Call him either Dr Watson or simply The Doctor ;)

If what I try is impossible with heal, use an appropriate skill with the roll, please.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Gorim Grimmson
Perception: 13 Insight: 13 Low-light Vision
AC 18 Fortitude 17 Reflex 12 Will 13
Initiative: +2
Hit Points: 37 / 37 Bloodied: 18
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist:
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:9 Surges per day: 12 / 12
At-Will Powers: Brash Strike, Cleave
Encounter Powers: Dwarven Resilience, Hack and Hew, Boundless Endurance
Daily Powers: Driving Attack

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: I'd say Dungeoneering is the traditional skill for recognising slimes, moulds and fungus. Nature would probably work too.

Gorim reckons that the slime is harmless. Through the barred window of the door he can make out a dark room beyond. Something glitters on the floor.

Meanwhile:
"I wouldn't know owt about that," says the barman. He eyes Hans suspiciously. "That sounds like the sort of thing a person shouldn't go around talking about, if you get my meaning."

Insight

Adventurer
Meanwhile:
"I wouldn't know owt about that," says the barman. He eyes Hans suspiciously. "That sounds like the sort of thing a person shouldn't go around talking about, if you get my meaning."

"I s'pose not, friend," Hans replies. "Looks like a lively place here. A bit of a sordid crowd, but that's what makes things interesting, right?"

Hans looks around the tavern. "I hear there might be a nobleman, pretending to be one of us, hiding out in this place. Don't s'pose you've heard anything about that?"

OOC: Attempting Streetwise this time, to see if he knows anything.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Sewers:

The door opens into a room about 25 ft. deep and 15 ft. wide, maybe a little larger. Bringing more light it you can see that a large pentagram has been drawn on the floor, with the words "Ordo Septinarius" written around the outside. It is encircled in a ring of copper, and takes up pretty much all of the end of the room nearest to you. At each point it the pentagram is a silver candlestick, the source of the glinting, each holding a single black (unlit) candle. On the far side of the room stands a wardrobe. Near the middle of the pentagram is a dark stain partially obscuring the lines of the pentagram, and resting on this is a small pelvis bone, with three leg-sockets.

Hans:

"Ah, so you're one of Ranald's Brotherhood* are you," says the barman. "Well why didn't you say in the first place? I've heard nowt of any nobleman in disguise. Why don't you come out the back for an exchange of info. You'll need to know the rules if you're new in town."

*Ranald, god of luck and therefore by extension tricksters, gamblers and thieves. Ranald's Brotherhood is simply an informal term for such people in general, and not indicative of an actual organisation.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Stopping in place at the sight, Kildrak prevents others from getting into the room.

"Ah, runes. Poor thing entered the pentagram. Let's hope he didn't break the magic of it. Aaryn, step up, but carefuly, let's see if we can read this."

FourMonos

First Post
Garold, not familiar with magic, seems a little confused.

He whispers, "Do you mean that the goblin walked into that pentogram and was destroyed?"

airwalkrr

Adventurer
"I commend you for your talented ability to state the obvious," Aaryn says to Garold. "I'm certain in time it will blossom into full-blown reason."

The high elf flashes a wry smile and a wink to Garold before proceeding to kneel down to examine the pentagram, "However, I admit this is a bit of a surprise. I do wonder what a thing like this is doing here in the sewers..."
OOC: Aaryn will carefully examine the object and its trappings using his skill in Arcana to discern its nature.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads