The Fall Guy | Official Trailer

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
I've been going through older TV shows with our Roku (Magnum PI, Quincy, Columbo, Hunter, Peter Gunn, Kojak, Rockford Files...) and tried watching Fall Guy again because I had fond memories. The first couple episodes discouraged me from continuing down that part of memory lane.

I'll have to second the question from @trappedslider ... I have a fond, albeit VERY faint, recollection of the show.*

Like many things, I assume it doesn't age well, but I'm curious (given that you've been watching a lot of shows from that time) .. what in particular about the show was so bad?

*ETA- Or maybe I'm thinking of Simon & Simon. Or Hardcastle & McCormick. Or BJ & The Bear.

Hmm.... B.J. and the Bear as a show title probably didn't age very well, did it?

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Let me guess: change in attitudes about something or the tech of the time no longer holding up?
I think I'm pretty good with the attitudes and change in times for a lot of the shows (although the ones in the 80s that try to do things about robotics and computers are goofy as heck - there was an early Columbo last night that was ridiculous in that way).

For the Fall Guy the acting, lines, and plots just didn't seem good enough to keep going (cheesy or non-sensical). Given that I am enjoying Hunter, for example, it feels like it isn't me having high standards :) . If everyones memories are so strong, maybe I'll go back and jump a season in to see if it was just early series bumps.

Mad_Jack

Legend
Eh, another case of slapping a familiar name on something sort-of-close in order to capitalize on the name recognition. It might be a decent movie on its own, but the attempt to brand it as something it's obviously not is kinda annoying.

Remove ads