D&D 5E The Fall of Blackmoor (IC)

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Ngoya

Lattimer frowns, "You don't have a place to stay? Most of our recruits come to us from the streets so we put 'em up in the barracks here. I don't imagine someone like you would appreciate sharing a room with fifty other people every night, though I suppose we could put you there, if you need it, but if you have any gold, I'd go elsewhere if I were you."

Skarsgard

Explorer
Ngoya

The tribeless certainly have some strange customs, not providing a space to sleep by the fire was unthinkable for Ngoya.
"Is there somewhere nearby I could pay to stay?" she asks. "Should I come here in the morning for my duties?"

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Ngoya

Lattimer shrugs, "Plenty of places out beyond the fourth wall. And, yeah, check in tomorrow. We're not due to head out for another week so you have some time to get some gear and get settled."

Skarsgard

Explorer
Ngoya

Ngoya nods her affirmation, "Till the morning then Lattimer" and heads out once again braving the press of humanity looking for a tavern or inn closest to the garrison. Depending on the duties Lattimer had for her, she decides she might hunt some game in her free time to keep her senses sharp.

[sblock=ooc] for Ngoya she is looking for accomodation in close proximity to the garrison, she is not too concerned about the quality of the establishment (as long as it is not too pricey) :) [/sblock]

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Ngoya

OOC: There are a variety of living accommodations available in the district between the 5th and 4th walls ranging from Wretched to Poor. In the district between the 4th and 3rd walls you can find Poor to Comfortable living arrangements. If you wish Wealthy or Aristocratic living arrangement, you'll need to look into buying a private home in the district between the 2nd and 1st walls. See PHB page 157 for details. The area for about 10 miles around the city is settled and farmed, as much as the barren terrain can be, to provide food for the city, so hunting excursions will be several day affairs (i.e. mini adventures most likely).

Skarsgard

Explorer
[sblock=ooc] Ngoya will go for modest living at this stage. Anything higher will deplete her reserves too much. Also, noted on the hunting, maybe when there is a big break between taskings by Lattimer[/sblock]

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
991 A.S. (After Shattering), 18th Day of Spring Dawning (4th month)

Ngoya

Ngoya finds lodging for the evening in a boarding house in the Fourth Wall District, Antonia's House, a fairly well known dormitory style house run by Antonia, an elderly woman who walks with a cane...which she also uses to keep her order in the house. Her rules are simple - keep your room clean, pay your rent on time, and pitch in on cooking meals or cleaning up after them.

Ngoya has about an hour left to the morning before she is scheduled to check in with Lattimer.

OOC: Deduct 1 gp, please.

Jeremiah

Jeremiah has reached the south gate to the city after spending one last night in the wilderness, having arrived just after the gates closed last night. A line of merchant wagons is already beginning to form. The gnome notes two things as he waits - the guards don't seem to be inspecting the wagons whose drivers offer bribes, and they very thoroughly inspect wagons that don't offer bribes - keeping choice items for themselves and calling them contraband. The guards at the gate carry laser pistols while the guard patrolling the 15 foot metal outer walls are carrying laser rifles. Mounted on turrets at roughly the four corners of the outer wall (the city is actually an irregularly shaped oval) are antimatter cannons.

The scripture book of Saint Celestian Jeremiah carries holds many secrets in its pages. One which Jeremiah only recently deciphered is the presence of a hidden cell of Sacred Astrologers (as some followers of Saint Celestian call themselves) in Blackmoor, led by someone named Erevan.

Skarsgard

Explorer
Ngoya

Ngoya, accostomed to earning her keep, helps clean up after the morning meal. She noticed that the tribeless prepare their food very differently and while the end result is more than adeqaute she doubts her ability to replicate the process. Humming softly to herself, she goes about the task of scrubbing of pots and pans to Antonia's standards having to redo a couple items that were not up to scratch.

Her morning chores completed she takes her arms and money and heads for the garrison, curious to see what the nature of her duties will be.

Phoenix8008

First Post
-Jeremiah-

Jeremiah nods to himself as he see's the activities of the gate guards. He takes off his hat and dumps most of his gold into it, then rolls it up and stuffs it deep into the bottom of his travel pack. He leaves 5 gold coins in his pouch and continues making his way forward in the line of people trying to enter the home city of the damned Blackmoor nobles.

He got to the front of the line finally and looked up at the well armed gate guards, specifically eyeing their seemingly working laser pistols at their belts. He wondered how they were powered and what the size of the firing aperture was. Maybe... After a long awkward silence, Jeremiah finally noticed the guard looking at him funny and about to speak.

"Sorry, sorry, got distracted there for a moment. I am Jeremiah, of the Scavengers Guild." He pulls out and unrolls his letter of introduction from the Guild, showing it to the guards. After they've had a moment to study his letter, he rolls it up and tucks it away again unless they object. "I'm working on a delivery to a person that was supposed to be located elsewhere, but those I found said he has come to Blackmoor. Perhaps you knowing gentlemen might assist me if you know the name of Erevan or where I might look for him/her? I'd happily pay you a gold piece for your assistance, of course.", the gnome finishes as he pulls out a gold piece each for the nearest guard or two.

Last edited:

Remove ads