The Fall of Plaguestone OOC [CLOSED]

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
That could be. I figured Mortimer finally decided upon helping out with his knowledge and skills, looking for the party.

Either that or he can wait for them to come back to someplace familiar. But I don't know how long that would take.

JustinCase

Alright, so combat is beginning. This is my first PF2 combat and also in this particular game. So forgive me for asking what may be obvious to you all. :)

I saw that the DM rolled initiative. Do I wait for my turn, or post at my convenience? What's the etiquette?

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Alright, so combat is beginning. This is my first PF2 combat and also in this particular game. So forgive me for asking what may be obvious to you all. :)

I saw that the DM rolled initiative. Do I wait for my turn, or post at my convenience? What's the etiquette?
Looks like Kahless... er, Matthew rolled Initiative for us to speed us along. The serpent went first, and now we're all up. Again, because PBP is slow enough as it is, we tend to post as soon as we can (when the DM gives us the go-ahead,, which Matthew has done by saying "players up".) Initiative order works out any conflicts that comes up. We'd be here forever if we only went one-at-a-time as our Init came up!

That's all PBP. As far as PF2 goes, don't forget to really think about each of your 3 actions as separate things. I found that one of PF2's flaws (early on, for beginning players) is that players often try to do 4 actions without realizing it, or stop their turn having only done 2, and it requires a bit of back-and-forth to get it worked out (which can be a time-waster in IRL games).

Welcome to the game!

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Yes, sorry. I tend to do side initiative (everyone rolls, I average it out). I also tend to roll initiative for you so we don't spend a week just rolling initiative. If someone has a problem with that, or some special ability that isn't reflected in their initiative/Perception bonus (like you're using Stealth at the moment), let me know, or we can go back to letting you all roll instead. When I do my DM post, I tend to just go down the line of posts and resolve them in post order, so initiative only really matters for "side", unless someone has a class ability I need to be aware of (like some Assassinate or something.) Basically I try to adjudicate with as much common sense and ease of play as possible.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

JustinCase

Due to holidays, I don’t know how often (if at all) I can post in the next two weeks. I do intend to, but I have no idea if I can.

Feel free to NPC my characters if necessary for the story.

Remove ads