The Fall of Plaguestone OOC [CLOSED]

Kaodi

Hero
I am of half of a mind to throw in the towel on this campaign or at least file a petition to make a new character to try and freshen it up a bit. Two years and we have made it like half a level. And looking at the boards it seems like no one is even starting new games anymore. Feels like PbP is kinda fading away in the face of new technology.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I am of half of a mind to throw in the towel on this campaign or at least file a petition to make a new character to try and freshen it up a bit. Two years and we have made it like half a level. And looking at the boards it seems like no one is even starting new games anymore. Feels like PbP is kinda fading away in the face of new technology.

PBP is definitely struggling. I'm about as committed to my games as anyone, and mine have slowed down quite a bit in the past two years. Still, I plan to stick with them. The trickiest bit is to get a group that all (or at least most) of the players will post regularly. I don't mind the games moving slowly... they're just moving really, really slowly. Too slowly. I'm not sure what the solution is.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
PBP is definitely struggling. I'm about as committed to my games as anyone, and mine have slowed down quite a bit in the past two years. Still, I plan to stick with them. The trickiest bit is to get a group that all (or at least most) of the players will post regularly. I don't mind the games moving slowly... they're just moving really, really slowly. Too slowly. I'm not sure what the solution is.
Living Pathfinder is doing decently well since moving from here to Mythweavers. And I have been playing some Adventure League over at Mythweavers. It seems to be doing fairly well there. But then I have been playing AL over Discord and R20, also.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Makes sense in a lot of ways that PBP is dying here on ENWorld, now that there is so many other places to do it, and so many other ways to game from afar (VTTs, Zoom, Discord, etc). Plus playing directly on D&D Beyond. I mean, ENWorld doesn't even have a built-in roller anymore.

Still, I'm pretty loyal to ENWorld for some reason, myself.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
I am having far too much fun to quit PbP games, yeah. :) Sometimes it seems more like a lull than a steady decrease, but maybe that's true.

Kaodi

Hero
I have still been thinking about making a new character. I already did a whole character sheet but no background for a kobold champion, with the kobold ancestry being the only non-core character option. The idea would have been she was a sort of advanced scout and agent from Darkmoon Vale in Andoran keeping an eye on the frontier of Chelaxian influence. But in some ways I am not that excited to play her. A different possibility - but one I am not sure would make the investigation "too easy" would be if I brought in a forensic medicine investigator with the That's Odd class feat. In that instance I would probably stick to a core ancestry.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I have still been thinking about making a new character. I already did a whole character sheet but no background for a kobold champion, with the kobold ancestry being the only non-core character option. The idea would have been she was a sort of advanced scout and agent from Darkmoon Vale in Andoran keeping an eye on the frontier of Chelaxian influence. But in some ways I am not that excited to play her. A different possibility - but one I am not sure would make the investigation "too easy" would be if I brought in a forensic medicine investigator with the That's Odd class feat. In that instance I would probably stick to a core ancestry.
I think you should do whatever makes you happy and keeps you interested in the game, but just so you know... I really like Silvi.

Remove ads