D&D 5E The Fifth City - Episode 1: The Gathering

Queenie

Queen of Everything
"Yes indeed, our friend Korgon here has the right of it. Why don't you share your burden with us? I also have some small business to discuss with everyone once we are settled in. But after all that and after we enjoy this delicious dinner, let us go out and go to this ale house Korgon recommended. I think you need a night on the town to clear your head right up!"

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Markus jumps at a hand being placed on his shoulder. He grins as he is led to a chair and handed a drink. He then looks to Felix when its suggested to 'share his concerns'

Queenie

Queen of Everything
"How about I go first then? Give you time to decompress. " She sips her wine again causally. "I already brought this up with Rhal and Korgon and we can definitely use your help.

It has come to my attention that there is going to be an assassin attack somewhere here in the Fifth City. Unfortunately I do not know the target or when this might occur except it is supposed to happen soon. I know that isn't much to go on. Still, it seems wasteful and careless not to at least look into this more. We were hoping one of you,"
she gestures to Felix and Markus, "Might have ways to look into this, get more information. We only came up with going out tonight and asking around in the pubs where Korgon is going to take us."

Last edited:

Hannerdyn

Explorer
Rhal was famished. He wasn't certain of human feeding customs and he would have to wait for a lesson as the desire in his belly compelled his hands to pull large pieces of what had been a large bird on to his plate. Plus some sausage. Nothing that hadn't walked and bled would be considered.

There was a distinct, hollow pop as he cracked bones and rose his head and bobbed bird-like to swallow the half-chewed poultry whole. Rhal was certain it would earn him some looks, but for now he would have to play the part of the savage, he wasn't going to wait around for his hands to indelicately cut bits of meat into bits too small to fully taste.

The man they called Markus had been lead to the table and was visibly upset, or perhaps thoughtful. Rhal had wanted to introduce himself fully, offer his services and beg his pardon for staying, though it seemed an inapt time. Amisi spoke of her problem. Then Markus's hand began to shake. Rhal put his sausage down, peering at the man. He seemed the very edge of rage or fear or violence.

Scott DeWar

"An assassination would be most unwanted anytime at best. At this now would be most incredibly not good."

OOC: I need Scotley to input here.

Scotley

Hero
Still looking at Felix His eyebrow lifts for just a moment, his hand holding the drink is shaking.

Felix does his best to keep his face impassive and begins looking at each persons eyes as he talks. His words are fairly innocuous, but the looks he gives each of you suggest more is going on. "The Fifth City is no stranger to assassination and political machinations. The presence of powerful figures of so many different races all jockeying for position leads some to engage in illegal acts." Like Markus the wheels are turning behind his eyes. With a sigh he seems to reach a decision and then carries on. "There is a particular high profile ambassador due to arrive soon and Markus and I have been tasked with making them safe. It seems a little to coincidental that such a plot would come to light now. I expect our ambassador is the most likely target. I will need to investigate. Any information you can provide would be most helpful."

Scott DeWar

Felix does his best to keep his face impassive and begins looking at each persons eyes as he talks. His words are fairly innocuous, but the looks he gives each of you suggest more is going on. "The Fifth City is no stranger to assassination and political machinations. The presence of powerful figures of so many different races all jockeying for position leads some to engage in illegal acts." Like Markus the wheels are turning behind his eyes. With a sigh he seems to reach a decision and then carries on. "There is a particular high profile ambassador due to arrive soon and Markus and I have been tasked with making them safe. It seems a little to coincidental that such a plot would come to light now. I expect our ambassador is the most likely target. I will need to investigate. Any information you can provide would be most helpful."

Markus nods and calms. He seems nervous about sharing too much information, however the over active mental look remains. He otherwise remains silent.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Amisi nods along while Felix speaks. She does take notice of Markus's nervousness but does not bring it up.

"Well Felix, we shall endeavor to help you in any way we can. Unfortunately I do not currently have anymore information to share but Rhal and Korgon have both offered to help gather information. If you can think of something specific for us to do we shall do it but otherwise after dinner we will gather some information around town. Besides, I think some of us could use a little relaxing."

Scott DeWar

"We are in the process of gathering information as we speak. We checked out the city records before we got back to see if there are any underground methods of attack.More eyes and ears might just be prudent."

Remove ads