• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E The Fifth City - Episode 1: The Gathering

Hannerdyn

Explorer
"Forgive me," Rhal says as Lenya is introduced, rising late but not returning her bow, only acknowledging her with a nod. He waits for her to sit, as is proper. The grinning savage gave not thought to propriety - walked up and offered his hand. The newcomer spoke as if she worked in some capacity for the arriving ambassador. Rhal was struck by the number of people here that were all duty-bound to ensure her safety.

He waited for Lenya to take her seat and cleared his throat. "Much as I would enjoy an evening of relaxation, it troubles me to no end that someone is now plotting the murder of this ambassador. As much as the people around this very table know, it seems we could at least produce a short list of names who would want her dead," Rhal said. "There will be no easy rest unless I am permitted to do what I can to prevent bloodshed in the short time we may have."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Two days time" Adds Markus to Rhal's comments, then to Lenya, "I have called for food, I hope it is to your liking. If not, please feel free to say what you prefer. You are our guest."

Though somewhat 'chilly' to the elf, his offer is genuine.

pathfinderq1

First Post
Even for someone as calm and low-key as Lenya seemed to be, the sudden burst of social discourse was obviously a bit overwhelming. Her head twitched back and forth like a rabbit in a snare as each of the new folk made their first impressions on her. She bowed to each one in turn, but every time she began to open her mouth, another person spoke instead. Finally she simply nodded, and in a brief moment of quiet she spoke softly. "Perhaps at first I might just observe how your 'normal' customs are carried out, so I might..." Her voice trailed off as her brain caught up with some of what had just been said, and in a heartbeat her pale grey eyes focused on the dragonborn. One hand clenched, perhaps unconsciously, on the hilt of the sword at her belt.

"What was that you said, about the murder of an ambassador?" Her voice before had been the calm quiet of still water- now it was ice.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Amisi pauses for a moment, unsure if she should share the information with another stranger. She already took a chance sharing with her new friends earlier and the more people that knew...plus how she had acted on the dock was slightly suspicious. "Come have some food and we shall explain to you Lenya." She pauses again before smiling in a friendly way at the elf, "Why is it that you've come to the Fifth City, if I may ask. What is it that you do?"

Last edited:

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
OOC: There seems to be some confusion among the characters about which ambassador is being discussed, which is fine. I just want to make sure the players know which is which. The Deva ambassador is due to arrive in two days. The elven ambassador is already here.

Hannerdyn

Explorer
OOC: Yup, I was confused. Sorry. Though I think it probably makes sense that Rhal's confused as well. So, let's instead say that I, Maldavos, totally knew what was going on, but because I am the penultimate example of role-playing, I decided that it would make sense for Rhal to be confused, and played it out that way.

Scotley

Hero
"We are speaking of the Deva ambassador's arrival in two days. Markus and I have been tasked with making sure it goes well, but Amisi has been giving to believe there is an assassination plot afoot in the city. We are concerned the two things are related."

Fenris

Adventurer
OOC: Yup, I was confused. Sorry. Though I think it probably makes sense that Rhal's confused as well. So, let's instead say that I, Maldavos, totally knew what was going on, but because I am the penultimate example of role-playing, I decided that it would make sense for Rhal to be confused, and played it out that way.

OOC: Who do you put as the ultimate example then, if you are the penultimate?

Sorry, couldn't resist a little syntactical humor :p

g

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Markus stands with mouth slightly agape, suddenly realizing he had let slip a bit of information that should not have been mentioned. He flashes an apologetic look to Amisi.

pathfinderq1

First Post
Amisi pauses for a moment, unsure if she should share the information with another stranger. She already took a chance sharing with her new friends earlier and the more people that knew...plus how she had acted on the dock was slightly suspicious. "Come have some food and we shall explain to you Lenya." She pauses again before smiling in a friendly way at the elf, "Why is it that you've come to the Fifth City, if I may ask. What is it that you do?"

"I was summoned to work as an assistant to the ambassador of the elven people- I am not sure why I was chosen. Most of my training was as a servant and a student, but I have embarked upon a new path, that of a warrior, I suppose you could call it." Lenya paused and looked around the group. "Why is it that you think someone might wish to assassinate one of the ambassadors? I know there are those who oppose peace between the races, and the idea of this city, but why now, and why this ambassador? And if my ignorance might be forgiven, what type of folk are these 'deva'?"

Remove ads