• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E The Fifth City - Episode 1: The Gathering

Queenie

Queen of Everything
"I think we are all getting ahead of ourselves. Lenya, please sit and have some food. You must be hungry. If there is anything you want, please feel free to request it." Amisi takes a long drink from her wine. "Through some of my own informants I have heard there is to be an assassination somewhere here in the city. It is to be soon but unfortunately there is no other information. I don't know exactly when it is to happen nor who is the intended target. This information comes from someone I trust very much, I would trust him with my life. Now, my friends," she waves her hand towards Markus and Felix, "There are on a separate mission, one in which they are to make sure the arrival of the Deva Ambassador goes smoothly. We were wondering if they could possibly be connected. At this point, we have no idea, the target could be anyone in the city. So the question is, what do we do going forward."

Amisi pauses again and grins. "Do you also need a place to stay? It seems I have been lonely and bored around here so I am opening up our house to everyone today."

Knowledge History (1d20+4=8)

pathfinderq1

First Post
Lenya did not seem inclined to sit, though she did move to stand beside the table with the others. She also moved her hands away from her weapons, and even took off her gloves. "I do not believe I will need lodgings here, at least for now. In truth, I am not sure how much time I will have to myself once I begin my duties, whatever those might be. Perhaps I have arrived early, and my tasks are not yet set, or perhaps I was chosen because I can travel the city more freely than some of the other embassy staff. I do not yet know."

Fenris

Adventurer
"Lenya, weren't you supposed to mix with us common folk and figure out our customs and such? Weren't those your duties? At least for now? So stay! At least some of the time, you will get to a better chance to study all of us, maybe even count all of Rhal's scales" he jokes. As Rhal growls low and his crest rises in anger Korgon adds "Or learn how to make him do this cool thing on his head! Calm down now Rhal I was just using you as an example of an interesting person. Hell, I still need to get to know you." says Korgon with a friendly hand on the dragonborn's shoulder.

History Roll 1d20-1=16
OOC: Now that is funny

Hannerdyn

Explorer
Rhal remained standing while the elf-woman spoke nervously. In his life, he had seen few elves though had read and heard several stories about them - their beauty, their worldly caution and other-worldly practices. This Lenya was a living cross-section of all of Rhal's reading. She was hard not to look at; though his blood didn't rage like it did for a drake-girl during a rut, it stirred something ascetic and pleasing in him, like the elf was a moving statue, a living work of art.

He felt foolish standing there, blurting out the wrong ambassador (there were two, apparently), the wrong day of arrival (two days) and now he was the ugly foreigner, with Fenris telling him to lower his crest and his bone-crunching and accented Common. Rhal lowered his head in deference to the lady and waited.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
There is chill still in Markus' stance, for every human mage remembers the atrocities exacted by the elves. He will have to tolerate the presence, after all this is a Union of nations on this island.

[sblock=if you can read minds, then you can read this, otherwise, KEEP OUT]
Two ships approach, the human and Elvin delegation. Suddenly the Elvin ship opens her attack ports to fire on the humans! The human's ship opens ports and fires on the elves in response . . . . [/sblock]

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Lenya recalls from her history lessons back home that the Deva were a major ally of the elves during the "War with Shadows" 1000 years ago, when Valen first came to the elves to lead them against that great enemy. Even then, however, information about the Deva was vague. It is common knowledge that the Deva were considered an "old" race when the elves first took to the seas. Always cloaked in heavy looking armor, with faces sculpted from metal serving as the face-plates of their helmets. None had ever seen a Deva outside of its armor...were they even flesh and blood beings? Such is the mystery of the Deva.

Korgon recalls the lore of his tribe, one of the few still in existence which maintains the old spoken folk tales and legends, shared around the campfires. Never written down and thus not considered "true" history by the King's court. According to the tales, the Deva visited the tribes, before the crowning of Kings, and taught the tribes medicine and magic. In fact, so the tales say, there were no mages of any sort before the Deva came. One thing the old stories don't include is what the Deva looked like. Always clad in armor, never showing their true faces. Such is the mystery of the Deva.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Lenya did not seem inclined to sit, though she did move to stand beside the table with the others. She also moved her hands away from her weapons, and even took off her gloves. "I do not believe I will need lodgings here, at least for now. In truth, I am not sure how much time I will have to myself once I begin my duties, whatever those might be. Perhaps I have arrived early, and my tasks are not yet set, or perhaps I was chosen because I can travel the city more freely than some of the other embassy staff. I do not yet know."

Amisi sips at her wine while listening to Lenya rebuff her once again. The conversation continues on while she ponders the elf before her. It had nothing to do with her being an elf, for Amisi had spent her life living and dealing with other races. It seemed odd enough that she would get such a letter on this very day, then meet so many new people who might be able to help her on such a mission. The elf however was acting strange, reluctant to join the group of them invitation after invitation. Perhaps this was a test from her mentor. Or perhaps... no, she would not think of it. She also noted Markus's obvious discomfort, intensified since the elf entered.

She casually takes one more sip of wine then speaks. "I think since our new guest may not have time for such endeavors in the future, we should postpone this serious conversation for another time. In my own enthusiasm to put the pieces together I have perhaps asked too much of those I know such little about. Let us just enjoy dinner then and go out seeking information and enjoyment like we planned." She sets her eyes on Lenya and watches her reactions closely. "I understand if you do not care to join us for dinner, our meals here in the Fifth City may be more rich than you are used to. We are going out after dinner to relax together if you'd instead like to join us for that."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads