D&D 5E The Fifth City - Episode 1: The Gathering

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"An Elvin archer, that explains why there is no traffic here. You are a force to be reckoned with," Markus says as he walks forward until he is 5 feet in front of the rest and stops. He folds his hands until the fingertips are touching each other. He hides his fear for the sake of not wanting to be at the business end of an Elvin arrow. Stories art told that if the arrow is drawn you are a dead man. "Hello Lenya, how may we be of service?" A bead of sweat is forming on his forehead.

Last edited:

pathfinderq1

First Post
As soon as she realizes just who is approaching, Lenya relaxed the pull on her bowstring and slipped the arrow off the nock. She did not, at least immediately, go so far as to drop the arrow back into the quiver. Her trouble had been with humans, so far, but she did not know the tiefling or the dragonborn...

As Markus approached, she bowed, ever so slightly- enough to show some respect, but not enough to break her gaze at the corner that the group had rounded; it was almost as if she expected a threat from that quarter at any moment. Indeed, as Markus stepped closer, he would be able to see that one sleeve of her bulky coat was slashed open, the edges of the cut stained with blood beneath a crude bandage. Her voice was as quiet as ever- only those who stepped closer, like Markus, would be able to hear her clearly. "I am sorry to impose uopn you, but I know so very few people in this city. I seem to have found a bit of trouble, and I would not wish to lead that trouble to a home that I have barely seen, and kinfolk that I hardly know; not when such hatred and violence might breed further violence. So I thought that I might come here- while I have no desire to bring violence to YOUR doorstep, I thought that, perhaps, even those who might have a quarrel with me, that were willing to draw blades in the open street, might not wish to provoke the wrath of Mages, and so I might be safe here. And there are many folk in this city who know where the Mages live." While she still did not take her gaze from the corner, she did drop to one knee, and lowered her hands to the ground (one hand still grasping her bow, and the other an arrow). "I am sorry if I presume too much, but I ask for shelter, at least for tonight. It grieves me that I must ask this of you, though we are but recent acquaintances, but it seems the best course. If you would deny me, bear no guilt for your choice, and say it now. I will find another way if I must." By the end of her speech, her voice was barely a whisper, as if either the request itself or the length of the speech was a significant trial for her...

Scott DeWar

"We are at your service, Quickly come inside. Every one, inside with her - She is hurt!" The words of Markus are urgent and spoken with authority, "We are all friends here. let me go first to make sure trouble has become so insolent as to enter our home before we could get there."

If the Elvin archer allows he will advance and enter first.

pathfinderq1

First Post
Lenya rises quite smoothly from her kneeling position, then steps aside so that Markus can get to the door. "I thank you for your generosity," she says, her voice still little more than a whisper. "And I think if there were trouble, it would be following me, certainly not so far ahead of me. Indeed, I was waiting on the step not entirely by choice- I think that your staff may have, well, locked the door when they saw me in front of it. Probably a wise choice on their part..."

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Amisi approaches the elf in a friendly manner. "My Lady, what ever has befallen you? Do not worry about lodging here, you will be perfectly safe. And, if you do not recall us, I offered you lodgings here just this very morning, so take no trouble for asking. Was it the same ruffians from the docks you had trouble with? They tried to cause us more trouble this evening as well!"

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Castagyr, Dragonborn Paladin

FafnirAvatar.jpg
[sblock=Mini-stats]Castagyr
Init +1, Speed 20
AC 18; HP 11; Current: 11
Conditions in effect: Fire resistance
Dragon Breath: 1/1 avail
Divine Sense: 3/3 avail
Healing Hands: 5/5 points avail
Weapon in Hand: None
[/sblock]
[sblock= Behind closed doors inside G’Kar’s residence]Castagyr glanced over his shoulder at the closed door, almost like he was seeing through it as he thought about the company of people that he met on the way there. They had already met him as one looking the Ambassador’s residence.

“Milord, if that is what you wish I will report failure now. I have met the lush already and she doesn’t care for me either… Something about being offended for being mistaken as a clerk moonlighting as a prostitute.”

“So I have little hope of being successful at spying for you. For one, I do not lie very well and they already know me to be your aide. Second, I am not a spy but a warrior.”

“However, I would report whatever I learn from them, but I would not expect them to reveal secrets of any importance. And if they do, I would not trust the information to be genuine.”
[/sblock][sblock=OOC Note]Considering they have moved on from the area, there appears to be little chance of meeting up with the others again anytime soon IC. I am not sure if you were trying to arrange that with G’Kar’s assignment or not.[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
Felix moves up quickly. "Yes, tell us of your troubles. I would take a report. We are a city of laws despite the dubious welcome you have received. But first let's get off the streets." He scans the surrounding area while others try the door.

Scott DeWar

If the door is Locked Markus will call for it to be opened immediately in an authoritative voice. He is losing patience for this day, and it shows in his eyes.

Remove ads