The First Age of Man

Axel

First Post
Tekai looks puzzled. "Is it an artefact of the tribes? I do not recognise the workmanship, though I defer to your doubtless greater experience," he said, inclining his head a fraction of a second afterwards as he reddened on realising the last sentence could be construed as an insult.

Last edited:

Piston Honda

First Post
[sblock=OOC Axel]The Orcs don't really have all that much metal either, those you have seen seem largely as hard up for equipment as humans, their dominance has mostly been achieved through numbers, natural strength and ferocity. If you want to edit that at all.[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
The monster remains disposed of, Niraya wanders over to where Tekai and Seerah are conferring with Sheng and those from the lost tribe. She peeks in with a shy smile.

"What's so interesting over here?"

Piston Honda

First Post
Odywyn seemed oblivious to Axel’s comment. “I do not know. I am a man of the gods. If it’s a history of the land you want, you’ll have to speak to them.” He looked Southward and shuddered as he said it, clearly he did not mean anyone present.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Sheng Shemin

OOC: Yes, Sheng is showing everything.
Sheng nods to Seerah. "Perhaps the liquid has the property of eating away the clay, and can only be contained in metal. I don't believe this vial has been exposed to the weathers in order to take colour, as others do." Sheng explains, patting his rusty sword. "Well, we should keep these in any case, perhaps we could find someone who knows more, my thanks Odywyn" Sheng takes the vials back, once Seerah is done with them, at the time Niraya peeks in. He smiles "Some strange vials with strange liquids, under a tree carved with the symbol of the god of light. We would had never found these if Raomohr wouldn't have ran away."

Piston Honda

First Post
Seerah removes the stopper on the ceramic bottle and smells the liquid, “Wolfroot? This would enhance reflexes and strikes.” She inspects the metal vial as well, but doesn’t seem to know anything.

At mention of his running away, with the bodies removed, Raomohr takes a seat beside the fire, looking a bit embarrassed.

Odywyn reviews the rest of the items, he attempts to see if either of the knives could have been used to carve the script into the lid, but figures it unlikely. He seems perplexed by the script, writing and reading are largely lost arts, and he certainly cannot make anything out. He takes the small rune stone, Seerah almost nonchalantly chimes in, “That’s for understanding languages.” She takes a closer look at it in Odywyn’s hand. “Strange, I’ve never seen a rune like it before, but it just makes sense to me. Oh.” She covers her mouth, catching herself before looking at those around her, realizing at this point, it might not matter.

[sblock=OOC]The ceramic bottle contains a Potion of Magic Fang.
The runestone acts as a Scroll of Comprehend Languages
[/sblock]

Axel

First Post
Tekai stood, largely uncomprehending, as the others made pronouncements on what one thing was or was not. As the items were all variously identified he shifted from one foot to another uncomfortably, then piped up, "These seem to be a fantastic store of powerful things. Whoever put them under the tree, it is probably wise not to anger them by stealing. We should return them to the earth and tree."

Voda Vosa

First Post
Sheng Shemin

"What? Nonsense! It would be unwise to part from such interesting things! Besides, these were not hidden, just the snow made them not as evident. We need to scavenge whatever we can that might give us an edge on surviving another day." Sheng exposes his opinion. "Speaking of survival, should we get moving? This place still gets the hair of my neck itchy."

Axel

First Post
Tekai was quietly stubborn in his defiance. "They are not ours to take, just by chance and extraordinary circumstance we even know of their existence. I would greatly like to know to whom these belong, or to whom they were intended. Such skill with metal would be valuable. It were not meant for us though. Of that, I am sure."

Remove ads