The First Age of Man

Voda Vosa

First Post
Sheng Shemin

"Hm, go figure..." Sheng says, collecting the items and taking the lid also. "I know a couple of girls that might like these." he says with a wink to Tekai.

Axel

First Post
Tekai grinned at Sheng. "I can support gifts," he replied. "Though I'd like to know who put it here. This metal bottle is not something to throw away!"

Piston Honda

First Post
The metal was a bit rough in Sheng’s hand, but surprisingly emitted some warmth, presumably the contents. The ceramic bottle emitted less warmth, but seemed thicker. The containers had no markings, like favoring practicality over decorum. Raomohr, stood by, gawking at the markings on the tree, but regularly checking into the darkness. The campfire was visible in the distance, but he didn’t seem very willing to make the short trek without Sheng and Tekai. As Sheng finished packing away their findings, they made their way back to the camp. Raomohr panicked at the sight of the fallen Hiisi still there and kept at the edge of the firelight looking embarassed, Odywyn left Inguar and Seerah’s care to check on him, Seerah had kept her eyes focused on Palkr and Niraya. Inguar began to collect the heads and take them cautiously into the woods.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Sheng Shemin

Sheng looked quizzically at Inguar before approaching Serah. "We found these items in a stone chest near a triad of circles assembled like this." Sheng draws the circles in the snow. "Perhaps you've heard of something like this?"

Shayuri

First Post
...when you have used that power to destroy something, you feel as though you are pleasing whatever grants you that power...

I want you to kill things.

Niraya stares at Palkr with growing unease as he talks about runes, and his explanation sounds more and more familiar. "Palkr," she says quietly, "Have you ever heard the name..."

She's interrupted by the return of the search party, with Raomohr in tow. With an apologetic look at Palkr, she gets up to help Inguar dispose of the remains that are still distressing the erstwhile runaway.

Piston Honda

First Post
Seerah looked at Sheng’s drawing, but looked blankly. Odywyn then chimed in, “Albeit crude. That is the seal of Hyperius, God of Light. There was a man…” He seemed to zone out as he watched Inguar and Niraya moving the bodies of the Hiisi. Nearly two minutes later, he picked up right where he left off. “A man from the East met with Rolff.”

Raomohr, head down, muttered, “Our last Gothi.”

“The man claimed himself a Gothi of Hyperius. Most Gothis, they speak of the All-Father, that we are living through a great trial of his making. But, this man, he believed that through the light of Hyperius, we would have hope.”

Piston Honda

First Post
He takes the containers, looking them over, removing the stops from them. He lingers over each, sniffing, looking, swirling. “I couldn’t tell you anything about the contents. But I have the feeling that what is in this metal vial is old.” He holds the opened ceramic bottle under Sheng’s nose, the smell is not very strong, but it is quite flowery. Looking down, the watery liquid is a cloudy, pale shade of red. “That is very herbal. The ceramic bottles, easy to make, but fragile, they don’t keep.” He takes it away, putting the stop back in, then puts the open metal vial under his nose. It has almost no smell, as he looks into it; he sees that it is a thick liquid, translucent, green, it looks to have a slight glow. “It’s infused with someone’s magic. No smell.” He pulls it away casually, looking at it, admiring it. “That glow, I’ve never seen anything like it. And I couldn’t imagine anyone using metal for something so mundane. I can’t believe anyone now would prepare anything like this. I could be wrong though.” He puts the stop back into the metal vial. “The metal is amazingly well preserved. I wonder if that’s because of the magic.”

[sblock=OOC Voda Vosa]
Are you only showing him the two containers?
[/sblock]

Axel

First Post
Tekai fidgeted, shifting his weight from one foot to another. Despite the revelations and events of the past few days magic was still, well, weird. He frowned at Odwyn's comments.

"How do you know it is old? Metal becomes red, brown or green with age. This? This is spotless. It must be knew work, though beyond the skill of any man or woman that I know."

Piston Honda

First Post
"It's entirely possible that I am wrong, and you do make a good point. I have only spent a few minutes with these things, and am by no means an expert, but can only assume that the two containers and their contents were made by different people, and I have only seen artifacts made with metal, and maybe whomever made those would be willing to use it for a container. If I had metal to use and the means to work with it, a bottle seems a wasteful trinket to me when there are more practical ways to make one." He holds up the ceramic bottle, Seerah approaches, asking to see it. Odywyn hands it over quite willingly, though Seerah looks to Sheng to make sure he doesn't mind.

Remove ads