The Folly of Man (IC): Part I

Mithreander

Explorer
OoC Thread
Rogue Gallery

Man has always had issues with sharing 'their' world, and Soludia is no different. Since man has come, the other races, creatures, and beast have pushed, some think to extinction.

But there is one man out there that thinks other wise, and wants to prove it to the world. He has gathered 6 of the finest 'adventurers' to search for the hidden races and report back to him their location and status. His name is Fendel Fallenwore, and you are one of those adventurers.

START

You look around the room that you are in and see the elaberately furnatured study. There are 5 others in the room, all of you waiting for your host to arrive, the prestigious Master Fallenwore who is financing this expedition. There is a large desk to one side of the room, directly oposite of the chairs that you are in, and a set of double doors that leads to the hall that accesses the rest of hte house and the way out.

Next to those doors stands the man that had let you in and lead you to the room, almost statue like in his stillness, seeming to be ready to serve at a moments notice.

Opposite the doors is a bookself with an assortment of books on the fanticy races that used to rome the world: elves, dwarves, halflings, gnomes, and orcs mainly... the so called friendly races. There were other books there on other creatures such as dragons, mind-flares and more exotic creatures as well, some of which none of you have heard of.

|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W| | | | |W|
|D| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
|D| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
|W|W|W|D|D|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|
|W|H|S| | | | |H|W|
||| | | |C| | | |W|
||| | |C| | | | |W|
||| | |C| | |E| |W|
||| | |C| | |E|C|W|
||| | |C| | | | |W|
||| | | |C| | | |W|
|W|H|B|B|B|B|B|H|W|
|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|W|

| | = 5' sq.
| = Window
W = Wall
D = Door
S = Servent
C = Chair
E = Desk
H = Chest

Last edited:

Jolmo

First Post
Sitting next to Tsoren, Garam responds: "I hope he won't have us doing that for long! I'm Garam Walker, adventurer and cleric of Fharlanghan."

taitzu52

First Post
A tall, armored young man with dirty blonde hair steps into the room. He walks behind a chair and stands at ease behind it. "I am Thoris. I will wait here until everyone has assembled." He stands there motionless with his gauntleted hands crossed in front of him until everyone else has seated themselves and he is addressed.

Last edited:

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
A young, small man with blond hair saunters into the room, surveying the gathered people lightly, then plops himself down in a chair.

"Nak, pleased to meet you all."

Mithreander

Explorer
A small man soon comes into the room and moves to the seat behind the desk. He's a VERY small man reaching just a little over 4' in height. He has long black hair that covers up his ears and travels down his back. Sitting down at his desk, his stature is less noticable, and he adresses all of you, his pink, ruby flicked eyes scanning the room as he does so.

"Thank you all for answering my summons. As I'm sure you have heard from all of the contraversy that it has created, the Grand Coucil has given me the go ahead to see if I can find any traces of the lost races."

Contraversy was putting it lightly. The rage and fires that had resulted from the news had nearly destroyed the Cat's Quarters, the poor section of the city. There were multiple sides to the whole affear. Some thought that Man was ment to be the rulers of the land and the others were good to be rid of, while others thought that their ansestors had acted to agressively towards the other races causing them to flee from mans advances. Whatever side the people were on, however, they all reacted to eachother with fist and quick words rather then calm and reason.

"I have found that there is supposed to be a record of the dwarves retreat in a rather sucluded network of caves some 200 miles from here. It's isolated, and I think that it may still be were it was left do to the protections that my research says is around it. I need fro you to get it for me. Once we have that, we should be able to determine the last place this dwarven clan was before it had disappeared, and I hope from there, we'll be able to discuver their ultimate destination."

Jolmo

First Post
"Ah, I knew something like that must remain", Garam mutters to himself.

"Do you know the nature of this protection, or are we gonna find out as we get caught in it?" He says to Master Fallenwore with a smile.

ControlFreak

First Post
Tsoren nods at Garam, "the latter I would say, " he smiles, "but it's worth it to get out of this town for a while. I'm sorely in need of some adventure, and this certainly sounds like it fits the bill!"

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
Nak laughs lightly.

"The Thieves Guild has been breathing down my neck lately. It might very well be healthy for me to leave the city for a while."

He pauses, considering.

"What kind of information exactly do you have?"

Rayex

First Post
Yung - Male human fighter

Dwarves? I was hoping this was about elves... Well if we find out the dwarves location, maybe we'll find out about the elves as well... the young man seems almost lost in thoughts.

"Yes, an adventure would be fun. But tell me, why me? Why us?" Yung motions to himself and the other five gathered in the room.

Remove ads