The Forge of Fury

IronWolf

blank
"Not really looking for a new pet, but the thing is tied up. It is like kicking a dog that has been left out in the winter. We distract it with a bit of food and maybe lasso the chests with a rope to get them to us." Sabern replies. "Think you could lasso one of those chests Hinderpick?

sunshadow21

Explorer
"I was thinking that making friends with it and introducing him to the dirty fools upstairs would be a lot more fun, but I could try lassoing the chests, depending on how heavy they are." Hinderpick's eyes light up at the thought of letting this beast loose amongst the duergar.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Lasso one of them and I'll help you pull it over," Gerlari says bow still in hand.

Doing just that it takes a few minutes but the group manages to get the chests out of the lizard's threat range.

Hinderpick finds them both unlocked and not trapped (they actually appear to be old dwarven chest that were broken into) so he lifts a lid. Inside the chests are full of dwarven minted silver coins, there must be thousands of them.

Scanning for magic Auris detects nothing, it looks like the only thing here to find is coins.

"To much to carry around. Why not leave it here, it is sort of guarded. We can pick it back up on our way out of here." the half orc says with a feral grin. "Where to next? This place is very promising."

Attachments

• Glitterhame-D.jpg
    Glitterhame-D.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 83

sunshadow21

Explorer
"Perhaps we should make friends with the critter before we depart to make it easier to retrieve this, and to give us a nice little place to escape to if we should run into something beyond our capability. Once we do that, we should keep moving up this little river to see what we can see." Hinderpick comments as he moves toward the entrance to see if he can hear anything beyond running water from up the tunnel.

IronWolf

blank
Sabern nods, "Keeping this thing friendly to us could prove to be an advantage. I feel a little sorry for it all chained up down here in these caves. Anyone have any food of any interest? Even scraps would likely keep us in favor with this beast." Sabern says, beginning to rummage in his pack for something.

Pulling out some trail rations he continues "All I have is these trail rats. Suppose its better than nothing." Sabern, splits the rations a bit, keeping a few in reserve and then tosses the remaining to the chained creature from a safe distance.

"Which way from here? Still a dragon out there somewhere we need to find out way to." Sabern asks.

Remove ads