The Forgotten Forge

Verbatim

Explorer
Keeping his eyes roaming, Sareth felt as exposed as a prostitute in a confession booth, but knew he would not be able to convince the large human in the prudance of extinguishing some of the torches. However, the extra light did make exporing the ruins easier, and every small bit helped.

As the outlines of two more buildings teased their radius of sight, Sareth paused for a moment and was pleased to see the others stopped almost in cue with him.

~While they may be slow, they are learning...~

"While I am no engineer, wouldn't it make sense to store something of value in a building you trusted to weather the passage of time?"

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
'Indeed. That makes as much sense as any. Has anyone heard any more beetles scuttling around anywhere? I certainly don't want to be caught unawares if we get attacked again.'

He raises his torch in the direction of the metal doors.

'Well I think we should go over there and check that vault out, as Sareth thinks. Are we agreed?'

DarkMaster

First Post
The four hero approaches the large building. As they close on the construction they notices that the doors seems to be made of the same metal covering the Master Bonal's journal. The door also harbor the same symbol found on the journal. The symbol span on the two doors.

The stone walls seems to be extremely well maintained and would probably be very difficult to destroy. The roof is made of old but solid looking stone also.

None of you hear or see anything other than that.

Delemental

First Post
"Well, it seems we're on the right track, at least." Tai looks the doors up and down for any obvious mechanisms. "So, does anyone have the key?"

Verbatim

Explorer
Sareth approached the building carefully as the others flanked out beside him. Drawing his rapier as he approached, ~just to be safe~, Sareth studied the architecture of the structure looking for any opening that the others might not detect.

[sblock]Sareth will check for hidden doors and footholds should he be called upon to climb up and examine the roof.[/sblock]

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
'Key? It's probably the same method as getting past the previous sealed door further up top. Zane? Pull out the journal and press it against the seal like you did last time.'

Pohl turns around and holds the torch up high to try and spot any more beetles scurrying around the cavern.

DarkMaster

First Post
Tai and Zane (search roll 3+1, 19+5) approaches the door. The symbol is exactly the same as the one on the journal but they can't find any spot where the smaller symbol could be applied on the larger one found on the door. Zane notices a carefully hidden lock located under the symbol. From the size of the key hole, he can estimates that the key must be very thin and about half an inch high.

Pohl (spot 6+4) doesn't see any insects gathering that seems big enough to pose any threaths to the group.

Serath carefully observes the walls (search 19+4) and notices a few footholds that would allow him to easily climb the 20' tall walls. He doesn't find anything else of interest on the walls.

Verbatim

Explorer
Finishing his walk around the building, Sareth watched the others stare at the rune etched door. While he once again considered trying to see if his ring would activate the locking mechinism, he did not want to be wrong twice in front of those he was sent to work with.

Walking over to the tall human, Pole was it?, Sareth pointed to the top of the building as he spoke to him.

"The walls have some worn spots that I could use to scale them if you want me to take a look at the roof. Perhaps there is a chimney or vent that I use to enter the building and open the door for you all."

Delemental

First Post
Feeling quite out of her element and more than slightly useless at the moment, Tai divides her attention between Sareth and Zane, hoping to learn something useful. She ignores Pohl's ceaseless vigil for beetles.

"Master Sareth," Tai asks, "Do you think there's any hope that the key to this door would still be here after all this time? Or are we going to have to force our way in?"

Remove ads