The Forgotten Forge

Verbatim

Explorer
"Well, if he can't get the door to open with any of his parlor tricks, we can only hope that the door was designed to let people out even if it stopped them from coming in. If we can't get in through a secondary entrance, then forcing the door would be our only choice, but we'd need a crew of warforged to get it done."

Shrugging his pack from his shoulders and taking his cloak off, Sareth placed the items by the front wall before walking to the jagged side of the building. Reaching up, his fingers closed tightly around the first grip and Sareth began to climb.

DarkMaster

First Post
Zane turns towards Tai and shrugs. "I really don't know, Might as well starts looking for it."

He kneels and start searching the dusty sand around the construction. (search 2+4)

Serath takes a good foothold and slowly starts climbing the wall. The uneven wall reveals himself to be very easy to climb especially for someone trained like Sareth. (take 10+4). In about 30 seconds he reaches the top. The old rock tile roof seems badly damaged. Sareth looks quickly around and notices what seems to be a severly damaged area.

The damage area of the roof doesn't have tiles anymore and could perhaps be used to enter the building.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Pohl looks up and calls out to the gnome on the roof.

'Sareth? How's it look? Is there a way in? Let me know and I'll throw you a rope to get the rest of us up there!'

He looks to Tai and Zane to confirm that they're okay with climbing the 10' up onto the buiding's roof if need be.

G

Guest 11456

Zanick Marcela : Male Human Diviner 1

Zane looks at Pohl with a look of confusion on the diviner's face. "I thought that Sareth was going to try and open it from the inside." Then Zane gets an idea and turns to the raven perched on his shoulder. "Nicadema! Fly up and help Sareth find a way in." The raven nods to her master and flies up to the gnome.

DarkMaster

First Post
Sareth carefully approaches the broken area of the roof. At the same time Nicadema flies over the building. They both notices that the roof has collapsed into the building. The raven is unable to see anything inside the building but the gnome who doesn't need light sees the following.

Sareth [sblock]
A large chunck of the ceiling has fallen in, crushing cabinets and shelves beneath the weight of brick and stone. The remains of what appears to be a metal dog that was also caught in the falling stones, juts from the debris. Dusty shelves, intact, line the southern wall, and a huge forge and furnace fill the easter part of the room. Neither appears to have been used in centuries.[/sblock]

Sareth walks back to the other and whisper "Looks like we found what we were looking for. From the hole in the roof we can all easily get in"

OOC Sorry Verbatim if I am moving things along a little.

Delemental

First Post
Thank Boldrei, Tai thinks as Sareth announces his discovery, maybe we can find this schema and be done with this without any more problems.

She can't help but think to herself again that crawling through the undercity looking for antiques is hardly the best way she could serve her goddess. But it's only a means to an end, she reminds herself. She wanted to stay in Sharn long enough that she grew familiar with its workings, so that later when she resumed her travels through the countyside she would be able to advise others who needed to make the journey to the City of Towers. But in order to do that, she would need to have enough money to support herself, as she couldn't live in the temple forever. Though I'm sure Master D'Velderan could offer a place for me to stay - though the price he asked might be too high. She can't help but smile a bit to herself. Perhaps I should keep a beetle or two tucked away in my bag in case he does get a bit too friendly.

She pulls herself out of her train of thought once she is given the end of the rope to climb up onto the roof. She loks around at the others. "Could one of you give me a hand? I'm not the best climber, even with a rope, I'm afraid." (Climb -2)

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
'Absolutely. Here...'

Pohl interlocks his fingers and presents his hands palms up so that Tai has a foothold to step on and he can lift her up to the roof with the assist of the rope.

'Careful now... we don't know how solid the roof is. Everything all right up top, Sareth?'

As he's lifting the cleric, Pohl turns and addresses Zane's original question.

'Zane, do you want to stay out here and wait for us to open the door from the inside... assuming we can? I don't want to send Sareth down inside this building by himself because who knows what is in there, so Tai and I will join him through the hole. Do you also want to come up and in, or do you want to wait for us?'

G

Guest 11456

As Pohl offers the choice to Zane, he looks nerviously up at the rope. "It does seem kind of high." But then he notices Tai giving it a try. "Well... If Lady Tai is going, then I suppose I can go as well." He awaits his turn and then heads up the rope.

OOC: Climb +0

Delemental

First Post
Tai laughs a little at being called 'Lady Tai' by Zane. "No need for that, Master Marcela. I'm hardly a noblewoman. 'Tai' will be fine."

G

Guest 11456

Zane blushes at Tai's remark. "Then you must call me Zane. I insist." The raven perched above them on the roof looking down speaks up. "Call me Nicadema!"

Remove ads