• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Four Lands - The Great North Part 2

Scotley

Hero
Bertrand

"Gods, what a terrible carnage. Damn that book and all who seek it." He makes his way around the dead carefully seeking his nearest companion.

Rath Lorien

First Post
Anniston inspects a few of the bodies near him to determine if the wounds they suffered appeared to be from battle.

"What happened? How can they all be dead, each and every one? and perhaps more the point, how and for what purpose did we survive this slaughter?"

"We should join up with the others. Over there seems to be the likely meeting point. Let's go."

(while walking)

"Vadric, I have been in pitched battles before and afterward they sometimes seem to be like dreams. But this really did feel like a dream. How can there be noone left?"

Rhun

First Post
"I do not know, Anniston. Everything faded to black." Vadric removes his helmet, coif and arming cap as he begins to walk with his companion, running a hand through his sweat-soaked hair. "I was alone, and faced a mighty demon. Whether it was real or not, who is to say? My body certainly feels as though it has been battered in mortal combat." The knight shakes his head.

Dracomeander

First Post
Finnian looks around the tumbled bodies and starts to shake his head. Then he shakes himself adopting a steely look of determination. Whistling a rousing call to the Morning, Finnian passes among the prone figures moving toward Anniston and Vadric.

Picking his way carefully through the masses, Finnian pauses his whistling long enough to croak greetings to the others.

"I am not sure what transpired as the waves of evil overwhelmed the valley, but we need to call the Light and guide these poor souls before they become lost within the evil forever. Something was causing our inner fears and desires to turn against us as the haze descended. I fear those who have not waked yet are still locked in their nightmares."

Finnian returns to his whistling trying to instill some hope back into the world.

Scotley

Hero
Bertrand

"There can be no doubt that we were in a battle, but one that perhaps took place on many levels. It is certainly beyond my understanding, but I suspect we tangled with powers not entirely of this world."

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Vorian Tolgar

OOC: Ignore last comment, I thought we are together. Vorian couldn't hear Vadric if the group is spread out.

Vorian walks toward the group, checking occasionaly on people who don't look hurt hoping against hope there is something that could be done.

"Arrwuh, can you see something suspicious around? Is there lingering evil here?"

Canaan

First Post
Jaroth

Jaroth's eyes bolt open. He lays there for a moment, stunned. The light of day, chirping of birds and cold dampness of the rich brown earth assure him that he is once again among the living.

Getting up with a groan, his aching muscles screaming at him for rest, he surveys his surroundings and frowns. So much death.

Feeling for his satchel, he tries to sense the presence of the book.

Remembering his battle, he searches for DeSion.

J. Alexander

First Post
Awaking Jaroth see's the figure of deSion some five feet away also beginning to shake the effects of the battle off. Checking his bag he finds the reassuring presence of the book in it's depths. Rising to his feet deSion wryly says "I do hope we can be disreet about this...i fear our church going friends would become most excitable"

Searcing the battlefield you find no living surviors other than yourself...your henchmen and animals...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads