The Funeral (Stonegood judging) [finished]

inky

First Post
Niccolo - male human swashbuckler

"Perhaps we should return to the post office then," Niccolo says. "They might be able to give us a lead on the scout."

Someone

Adventurer
ooc: Just to be sure I was clear enough, Orerreth's investigation had nothing to do with the day of mourning: he assumed other centre's research brought it; it's a common theory, but not canon (and the Day of Mourning's origin deserve a lot more than a minor role as a McGuffin). He's saying that the things they discovered had the potential to change the world, but it's still unfinished, so it's value is still very high, but not astronomic.

Raven decides that he's telling the truth, except the natural reluctancy to provide details as what they were doing exactly at that hidden Cannith centre.

IC: "Wait a minute." says Orerreth smiling. "I'm moved, but I really didn't expect you to help me, at least beyond what happened at that chapel. It'll really be better for you to return to that tavern: there are powerful people involved in this, and I can't pay you enough."

inky

First Post
Niccolo - male human swashbuckler

Niccolo grins. "Besides, I'm sure there'll be money involved in this somehow -- I'll take my pay from Ceshil's men."

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: @Someone--I know, but Siobhan is definitely willing to get that interpretation out of Orrereth's words and consider it to be an admission of guilt. People will believe what they want to be true or what they are afraid to be true, and this was already something she thought to be likely ;))

Someone

Adventurer
Orerreth looks at you in silence for a moment. "Well, I can say this is much more than I hoped when I entered that tavern."

"If we're looking for the crystal, the only options we have are to investigate the ones that brought Basher back, and the warforged scout. I contacted the scout through magical means, and he insisted on continuing out deal at a distance. I'd say that if we all look for him he may be scared and avoid us. Meanwhile you can ask the adventurers for the exact circumstances they found Basher's body."
he suggests.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"If the answer is the Lord of Blades, the scout is the most likely point for the switcheroo. Of course, the Lord of Blades is only my guess, and I admit that I am biased because I know he has agents here, having just fought a few with Brother recently."

Bront

The man with the probe
Stulgar nods, "And a 'forged scout could be in with the Lord of Blades. I think seeking him out will be nessessary, but it should be done quietly while we attend to other things, like the adventurers."

Manzanita

First Post
"If you've already mind-read the adventurers, I'm don't see what more we could find out from them." says Raven.

"If the scout has the crystal, why would he even bother communicating with you, Orerreth? If he has it and works for the Lord of the Blades, then we're lost, as we're not powerful enough to take it from the hands of that warforged and his army."

"If this warforge scout is lying, then why send you the message? Why tell you the crystal is in Basher's chest? The message read
:

"It's in his chest."

"Could he have meant a different chest? Did your magical communication require him to answer you? Or did he get money from you? If so, perhaps he sent you the message b/c he had to say something. But if you have reason to believe he has other reaons to give you that information, then perhaps he was telling the truth."

"Who else has had access to Basher's body? Maybe the scout did put the crystal in his chest. Or found it, and, not knowing its value, simply left it there. Who did the adventurers turn the body over to? Maybe it was taken by someone else entirely."

Someone

Adventurer
"What can I say? I'm lost somethin doesn't add up. The scout got nothing from me, and if he had the crystal and wanted the Lord of Blades..."

Orerreth pauses for a second.

"Is he real? I believed he was a mith that some crazy warforged invented."

"Anyway, actually anyone had access to the body: he's been exposed for a while. and I said that I know the adventurers have been mind scanned: I've not done it myself, someone else did and I heard of it. It's a very different thing, and you may know there are ways to counter and foil it. Still, I think I need... I mean, we need to know exactly what happened. The scout is the best option. The adventurers are another. House Cannith... I dont think they will ve very cooperative now. But surely you have a friend who has a friend that could lend you a hand, yes?"

ooc: I'm going to show my cards for a moment. I don't have a railroading script for this part of the adventure, so if you are somehow afraid of derailing it or worried about me forcing you to go through it don't worry. That doesn't mean that I'm inventing it on the march, though! So I'll let you a day or two to brainstorm a course of action and then we'll continue with it.

Remove ads