The Funeral (Stonegood judging) [finished]

Someone

Adventurer
The party leaves the Cog's Teeth with the impression that Orerreth didn't know all it was there to know about the group that found basher's body, and return to the tavern, where they find Raven.

Manzanita

First Post
Raven jerks up when she sees them enter.

"Hello. Nice to see you." She pauses, eyeing each in turn and trying to remember their names. Besides the brief, chaotic battle this morning, they've hardly met.

"I left a note for you at the bar, but no need for that now." she waves at Brews and smiles.

"Let's find a table back here and speak of what we've found."

Presumably this can be arranged.

"I did manage to track down this warforged scout, with some help from my house. He's not far away. He says he put the crystal in Basher's chest and that's all he knows. Orerreth believed him, and so do I. It's funny. He's now sweeping up stables at a small inn in a small town, trying to avoid notice. If he did work for the Lord of the Blades, or if he had sold the crystal, I don't think he would be doing that."

"Where have you guys been?"

Bront

The man with the probe
Someone said:
ooc: The etiquette is always post as much as you can as often as you can, even if it's only an ooc comment. Threads need fuel to remain warm and alive.
OOC: FWIW, not only have I been away due to family issues, but Stulgar is not a social character by any means. He is at home tracking in the outdoors, or fighting in combat. So my posting with him slows in social situations like this.

Someone

Adventurer
Bront said:
OOC: FWIW, not only have I been away due to family issues, but Stulgar is not a social character by any means. He is at home tracking in the outdoors, or fighting in combat. So my posting with him slows in social situations like this.

No worries, I was talking to Inky anyway.

Bront

The man with the probe
"We found those who found the 'forged. They're hiding something, and want to make some money on what they know or have found." Stulgar says.

Manzanita

First Post
Raven's eyes widen in surprise.

"How did you find them? In any case, what we'd like to know from them is who they gave the corpse to."

inky

First Post
Niccolo - male human swashbuckler

Niccolo scratches his head. "Come to think of it, I don't think we actually asked that. All we found out was that they'd brought some things back from the Mournlands and sold them off, and I told them if they brought back any diaries or jewelry or crystals we might be willing to buy."

He pauses, then leans closer to Raven and drops his voice. "We didn't find the adventurers ourselves, either. Somebody claiming they were a representative of the Brelish government got in ... mental contact or something with us, and told us where to find the adventurers. They seemed to want us to turn the crystal over to them, and told us not to trust Orerreth. Do you think you might have tipped somebody off about us? Or were we noticed at the chapel?"

OOC: Man, I can't believe I didn't think to ask that. See, we should have had Raven along.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Yup--I thought of a few questions to ask, and then I realised that Siobhan wouldn't know to ask them. It's really really hard for me to play characters with average Int because I'm not very good at playing dumber than myself without playing a complete moron (6 Int is easy--Thrug smash!). I hope I'm doing okay with that)

Manzanita

First Post
Raven shakes her head.

"We're really in this deep, aren't we? Someone contacted you psionically? And you don't really know who? That sounds like the work of someone powerful. And they told you where to find these adventurers. They wanted you to do the dirty work? Orerreth told us his contacts at House Cannith mind scanned the adventurers, and found them ignorant of the crystal."

"If they're powerful enough to do long-distance mind contact, you'd think they'd have other, more trustworthy servents to do their bidding. But what do I know? Perhaps that sort of mental power isn't so extrodinary. And perhaps there are advantages to using mercenaries to do their work."

Raven clasps her hands on the table in front of her. "We were definitely noticed at the chapel. That was a very public encounter. It appears this crystal is the real thing, as it has attracted the attention of multiple powerful factions."

"Tomorrow Orerreth is supposed to get into contact with us again. Here. We should definitely be there for that. As for these adventurers, what did they say? Did they say they'd found anything to sell? What were they like?"

Remove ads