• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Funeral (Stonegood judging) [finished]

Bront

The man with the probe
OOC: I've a feeling I've seen that map before... ;) Do we know abouts where the exchange is going to happen?

Manzanita

First Post
"We need to be as prepared as possible. We may end up fighting two opposing forces. It would be nice if we could split them up. It might be worth it to wait until after the transfer has taken place. If the adventurers have received their money, they probably wouldn't get involved, and we could focus on the Canniths. On the other hand, perhaps we could hit the adventurers first, and try to get the crytal from them alone."

"Orerrth, do you know anything of the composition of the Cannith forces? Or what means either group will take to get to the docks?"
Raven asks.

"For those who have met these adventurers, do you have any suggestions for fighting them?

Someone

Adventurer
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: That's what I thought--but then you said you had to Photoshop it, so I wasn't sure anymore)

ooc: I used the maps in Mad God's key: I used bits of one on the other, to erase the counters of our group and the half orc.

IC: The place is very open and public: it's still early (the exchange isn't planned until later, about three or four hours from now) but there are already people around, working and doing their business. A quick look reveals nothing out of the ordinary: nets, fishing hooks and lines, and everything imaginable related with the sea and fishing. The water stinks: many of the city's waste ends here, and it shines with and oily glistening.

"I just know it's supposed to be here" says Orerreth answering your questions. "I don't know about the precise details."

Bront

The man with the probe
"I think we'd best hit the adventurers. Cannith will flee if they see trouble, particularly if they're aware that Breland is interested as well." Stulgar says.

OOC: I'll come up with a more in depth plan in a bit, but I have some ideas... :)

Rystil Arden

First Post
"If we defeat the adventurers and/or destroy the item, Cannith will have no reason to stay, and perhaps they will leave. Either way, if one of the two groups comes earlier than the other to survey the site and have the advantage of being there first, we should strike that group when it is alone. Better to fight one at a time than all at once."

inky

First Post
Niccolo - male human swashbuckler

"The female human with the raven was clearly the leader of the adventurers -- she'll be the one to watch, although the other three also looked pretty dangerous. I don't know what to expect from Cannith -- do we think it'll be Ceshil and some hired men again?"

Manzanita

First Post
"Yes. I expect we'll see Ceshil again. And he knows all of our faces. The adventurers know all your faces, just not mine."

"I suspect they plan to conduct the deal in the open. Otherwise they would have selected some dark alley. If we attack them, we'll seem like the aggressors. Win or lose, we could end up in jail. But if we wait until after the transaction & follow them, we risk losing them entirely. I don't see how we can just hang around w/o arousing suspicion."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"It is worth noting that the male psychic is an agent of Breland, and thus that the Sharn authorities might be on our sides more than you might think. For me, destroying the thing is the only real option, but if I was forced to choose, I would gladly choose Breland over Cannith, and not for the gold. House Cannith is unscrupulous, greedy, and often downright evil, as you saw with Ceshil. If they had the plans, they would probably use the destructive weapon themselves to gain power or sell it to multiple highest bidders and watch as a war escalates and they draw in the profit from both sides. Breland, on the other hand, would be more likely to use it as a deterrance for attack from other nations."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads