• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Funeral (Stonegood judging) [finished]

inky

First Post
Niccolo - male human swashbuckler

Niccolo yawns. "All this conspiracy is making me sleepy, and we haven't even met Orerreth again. I wonder what could have happened to the crystal? It seems like either it's in the Mournlands, or someone we know has it and they aren't telling us. Maybe Orerreth has it and this is all a hoax." He stretches. "Guess we'll find out in the morning."

OOC: It's sorta hard to work out what time it is, but it seems like Raven's right that it must be about bedtime.

OOC: Updated char for level 2, awright.

DrZombie

First Post
(OOC : I'll be off to southern france for two weeks, feel free to ghost my character (or make him lay sick in bed because of one of the swords was poisoned), will rejoin you when I'm back.)

Manzanita

First Post
OOC: Two weeks Dr Z? Someone said this adventure would be over in a month, so you're really missing out. But Southern France? I guess it's worth it...

Someone

Adventurer
ooc: I wasn't able to lod the page since yesterday :/ Anyway...

DrZombie said:
(OOC : I'll be off to southern france for two weeks, feel free to ghost my character (or make him lay sick in bed because of one of the swords was poisoned), will rejoin you when I'm back.)

ooc: Enjoy the trip!

IC: The next morning you (except Latharion, who's nowhere to be found) gather again at the Shard, where you hope to find something from Orerreth. There's no message left there, but before you wait for long, he himself appears, looking prettu excited. "Let's go to somewhere private. I have big news."

After you're safe from eavesdropping he continues: "I have news from my contact in the family. The group that found Basher's body in the Mourlands started to move yesterday late, trying to find a buyer for the crystal. House Cannith contacted them, and they are going to exchange it at the piers."

"Oh, and I have something for you. Just a token of gratitude."

He draws several small vials and a slender wand.

"I don't know if you're familiar with the common names of spells"

He proceeds to explain you that these are potions of Haste, Displacement, Heroism, and a wand of Cure Moderate wounds with 10 charges.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I knew they had it!" Siobhan speaks in a near-growl with a glare directed into the far distance at her shifter kin, then she calms down a bit, "The spirits told me...The shifter must have probably taken it because it looked pretty, and he didn't know it was valuable until we came looking for it. We should have just taken it from them back at the bar..."

Manzanita

First Post
Raven smiles grimly. She was actually hoping the crystal would not be found, as they seem to be in trouble from all sides if it comes into their hands. But there's no helping it. They must act now. They are already up to their necks.

"Siobhan, shall you take the wand? Everyone else should take a potion. And use it. I'll take Displacement. I'm ready to go."

inky

First Post
Niccolo - male human swashbuckler

Niccolo shakes his head. "I suppose we tipped them off -- if they met up with our acquaintances from yesterday morning, we'll be outnumbered." He reaches for the potion of heroism, if no one else seems to be claiming it. "We'll have to take them by surprise and move fast."

Manzanita

First Post
As they go, Raven asks Orerreth, "The best thing might be to destroy this crystal, because if we take it, someone else will just take it from us. Do you know how it can be destroyed?"

Remove ads