The Future of DF and you.

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
Ok, most of 'old' timers are chiming in that they miss working on this so I thought I would conjur up a bit of my old Project management skills and set about detailing some of the goals at hand and my thoughts and feelings on what is done.

1. Daemonforge for me is not the Forgotten Realms, it's not Greyhawk, it's surely not Scarred Lands, it's nothing like any other setting out there. It's a entity solely in and of itself and should be treated as such. Why do I say this?

I will use the FR as the example here in my explanation. The FR is a cookie cutter world. You buy the book, read the novels, and all is provided for you. You have the in's and out's of the cities, maps, details on NPC's from the top down from who they are to what they eat to when they take their afternoon stroll. Everything is provided for you and all you have to do is say "You are in Waterdeep, there's an Inn called the Shadowy Gargoyle owned by Bill Jones, he charges 2gp per nite"

That is the last thing I think DF needs, that level of detail can be applied elsewhere and is really up to the DM to do and decide and dole out. Give the DM the tools and he can get the job done.

We have been very good in the past to just give a nice broad detail of the cities and a few good points and areas that may be of interest and nothing more.

2. Documentation- Need to spruce up the old docs include some artwork, get the lands in place and then send them on their way.

It is unnceccessary to have all 30+ land done and detailed is it? Leave some up to the individual players and DM's to decide.

3. Website - Now I can FIX most of the links and the sheets and such but I cannot do art or draw or all that good jaz. Leave that part upto me. i will have to email morrus to get that login information to clean up.

4. New Blood - Recruit, pimp, whore out. Get the word out propoganda style that DF is alive and wel and would like some new folk to come and play with the setting.

On this I want to make a disclaimer right off the bat. Something along the lines of "Hey if you like this place and want to help read the FAQ and PDF first!!" I don't want to have anymore of these gods debates again..seesh.

5. Artwork - Not a high priority but what we have looks good, can't complain on that front. What do y'all think?

That's all I can think of at the momment. Please post your thoughts, concerns, and questions here instead of other threads. Like to keep the dicussion contained and focused. PM all the people that you know that want back into this.

Thanks in advance,

Leopold

isidorus

Explorer
Supporter
Ok, most of 'old' timers are chiming in that they miss working on this so I thought I would conjur up a bit of my old Project management skills and set about detailing some of the goals at hand and my thoughts and feelings on what is done.

1. Daemonforge for me is not the Forgotten Realms, it's not Greyhawk, it's surely not Scarred Lands, it's nothing like any other setting out there. It's a entity solely in and of itself and should be treated as such. Why do I say this?

I will use the FR as the example here in my explanation. The FR is a cookie cutter world. You buy the book, read the novels, and all is provided for you. You have the in's and out's of the cities, maps, details on NPC's from the top down from who they are to what they eat to when they take their afternoon stroll. Everything is provided for you and all you have to do is say "You are in Waterdeep, there's an Inn called the Shadowy Gargoyle owned by Bill Jones, he charges 2gp per nite"

That is the last thing I think DF needs, that level of detail can be applied elsewhere and is really up to the DM to do and decide and dole out. Give the DM the tools and he can get the job done.

We have been very good in the past to just give a nice broad detail of the cities and a few good points and areas that may be of interest and nothing more.

Yepper, I agree here. maybe you should be the project manager.

2. Documentation- Need to spruce up the old docs include some artwork, get the lands in place and then send them on their way.

It is unnceccessary to have all 30+ land done and detailed is it? Leave some up to the individual players and DM's to decide.

Okay, I have TheBurnedMans artwork on my harddrive if you need it. I wonder if he would take over as art director or something. I can write but can not draw at all.

3. Website - Now I can FIX most of the links and the sheets and such but I cannot do art or draw or all that good jaz. Leave that part upto me. i will have to email morrus to get that login information to clean up.

No problem, If you need help let me know, I am fairly good with straight html and very basic php. I am better with "C" though.

4. New Blood - Recruit, pimp, whore out. Get the word out propoganda style that DF is alive and wel and would like some new folk to come and play with the setting.

On this I want to make a disclaimer right off the bat. Something along the lines of "Hey if you like this place and want to help read the FAQ and PDF first!!" I don't want to have anymore of these gods debates again..seesh.

Okay, I am terrible at pimping but I will see what I can do. Maybe d20topsites? Or something.

The discalimer should be a sticky at top, with please read this before you help.Humm!! I missed the whole Gods debate thingy, gald I did. Of course most of my posts seem to have died on the old server.

5. Artwork - Not a high priority but what we have looks good, can't complain on that front. What do y'all think?

That's all I can think of at the momment. Please post your thoughts, concerns, and questions here instead of other threads. Like to keep the dicussion contained and focused. PM all the people that you know that want back into this.

Thanks in advance,

Leopold

Sorry, I do not have Pm mail here. Since I can not afford it at this time. Geez, with my my whole family laidoff I could even help save the enworld, just do not have the money. But you can get hold of me here. isidorus13 at yahoo.com which is also my yahoo ID.

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
Just fired of an email to morrus to get the access needed to dl the daemonforge stuff and update it. If anyone sees him online, make sure to bug him, or if there is someone else to talk to I would greatly appreciate knowing whom else I can contact to expediate things.

blackshirt5

First Post
Hey Leo I'd be willing to help out, this always struck me as a right cool world.

I'll talk to my buddy Chris V to ask him if he could help out with artwork; he's very good. You can view a bit of his stuff at chrisvpresents.keenspace.com but it's not indicative of his entire body of work; most of it is comic book, though; it's what he went to school for.

isidorus

Explorer
Supporter
I'll talk to my buddy Chris V to ask him if he could help out with artwork; he's very good. You can view a bit of his stuff at chrisvpresents.keenspace.com but it's not indicative of his entire body of work; most of it is comic book, though; it's what he went to school for.

Blackshirt5,

your friend Chris V has some way cool stuff. I like it very much and when I get a little time I want to go through it all.

Leopold - Today at 10:49 AM
Just fired of an email to morrus to get the access needed to dl the daemonforge stuff and update it. If anyone sees him online, make sure to bug him, or if there is someone else to talk to I would greatly appreciate knowing whom else I can contact to expediate things.

That is great, I try and keep a eye out for him.

blackshirt5

First Post
isidorus said:
Blackshirt5,

your friend Chris V has some way cool stuff. I like it very much and when I get a little time I want to go through it all.

That is great, I try and keep a eye out for him.

I'll let him know you said that and ask him if I can put up some of his other stuff around here or maybe give you access to his gallery; the picture of Tak the Mage especially I think is very evocative.

He's on the boards, but only rarely; in fact he hasn't logged in since springtime, but I'll try to get him back here.

isidorus

Explorer
Supporter
I'll let him know you said that and ask him if I can put up some of his other stuff around here or maybe give you access to his gallery; the picture of Tak the Mage especially I think is very evocative.

He's on the boards, but only rarely; in fact he hasn't logged in since springtime, but I'll try to get him back here.

Cool, I have not made it all through your friends art yet, mainly do to the crazy weather around here.

Sigh! I wish could draw, I blessed with writing ability instead.

blackshirt5

First Post
isidorus said:
Cool, I have not made it all through your friends art yet, mainly do to the crazy weather around here.

Sigh! I wish could draw, I blessed with writing ability instead.
You too? I can't draw worth a damn, but I'm fairly good at writing(need to get better before I can make a living at it; I'd love to write some stories set in the Daemonforge world though).

isidorus

Explorer
Supporter
Posted by blackshirt5 - Today at 11:46 AM

You too? I can't draw worth a damn, but I'm fairly good at writing(need to get better before I can make a living at it; I'd love to write some stories set in the Daemonforge world though).

blacshirt5 you sound like me, lol!

I write fairly well and would like to make a living at. My main problem at this time is writing good dialogue. I think my problem stems in trying to write in H.P, Lovecraft's vein. That was a long time ago, though and I gave up my dream for awhile to make money, etc (real life intruded). But have been writing quite a bit this last year or so; coming back around to my dream. Some it is utter trash though, but it did teach how not to write a story, Lol!

Would not mind writing stories in the Daemonforge world myself.

Last edited:

blackshirt5

First Post
Yeah, writing for money is hard; right now Chris V and I are trying to break into comics, with myself writing and him drawing them.

So, anybody talked to Morrus yet? When are the files gonna be available for download?

Remove ads