The Game of Kings

MadMaxim

First Post
Deuce Traveler said:
"Hello, Partash. That was an interesting prayer I heard. Did your god show his favor," Doral asks politely over his cup of water.
"It certainly feels that way, Doral, but what are we planning to do today?"

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"Oh, the usual," Doral answers nonchalantly. "I thought we'd break into a highly fortified building, snatch the prisoner, evade an island full of guards, and then escape said island on a ship most likely owned by men who wish us dead. That is, unless, you have other plans."

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The kobold wakes from sleep with one eye open first, to ensure everything is as it should be. Noting no one has gotten up yet, he feigns sleep some more until he hears the motion of Doral and Partash. It is an interesting prayer, the kobold thinks, and stashes that bit of information away for later.

The kobold comes down the stairs just in time to hear Doral's sarcastic comment. The team, if it could be called that, was breaking. His life was not endangered yet, so the job was the more important task, and he did not want the others to get distracted yet. Not until the job was done. Then it did not matter.

Cooly, to Doral's statement, the kobold interjected, "But that is entirely what we plan to do today. Because the alternative---failure---would leave us envying our prisoner." Once down the stairs, the kobold added, "Now we must plan."

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Doral nods to the kobold, "Very well. I could go in the appearance of a beggar and scout this entrance that our guest has spoken. My getting there is not likely to be a problem. However, getting the rest of this quite noticeable group into position nearby is going to be the real challenge. Currently, Carver and you are most easily recognized, while I have a feeling our bowman is not going to be convinced into going disguised."

stonegod

The kobold smiles, a grim, unsettling thing. "The mageling has magical talents of deception, of disquise, that we may utilize if you have nothing sufficient. We will need to consult with her to make sure her choices are... sufficient."

MadMaxim

First Post
"Well, I believe divine forces will guide our steps, so I'm optimistic about our mission, even though it looks rather impossible right now."

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"Unfortunately, I'm limited in what I can do to help the group as a whole. I can cast a mist to hide our presence like I had before, create an image as a distraction, or turn someone invisible. Carver sticks out the most, so if I cast that last spell it should be on him. What can Glasia do for us?"

Last edited:

stonegod

The kobold snorts. "Our waif has a talent for deception like you, it appears, though I doubt she casts it as such. Hiding from Khyber is the way of you folk when its part of your nature. Even those that accept some of the madness cannot decide their side." It looks up towards the second floor, where, if anyone checked, they would be sure to have found where Dragen was before the kobold came down stairs.

"But she also can call forth fire and find lost objects, if what she told me last night was of any use. She only had one scroll of disquise, unfortunately. That ability would have been... useful."

Dark_Jackalope

First Post
Glasia woke to the sound of some of her companions’ voices in the shop below. She quickly and quietly straightened herself up, breaking a piece off her meager breakfast for Cloudchaser before descending the worn and homely stairs.

She entered the pale sunlit shop to hear the kobold discussing her merits, causing all within the room to turn at her unexpected appearance. She said “Good morning” in the most unobtrusive way possible, crossing over to the group.

“If it’s any help, I studied a few spells from my book last night I thought would be appropriate for today’s ventures. I can make one of us invisible or call again a hiding mist, if we need it; or to confuse our enemies, I can make mirror illusions of myself or evoke phantom sounds. I also have spells for sending whispered messages over distances. And yes, I have a scroll for finding simple objects, as well as one for creating silence.” She looked from face to face, hoping she chose her daily repertoire well. I’ve never infiltrated a place before, let alone a pirate prince’s well-guarded manor.

The warforged smiled brightly at her, somewhat diffusing the heavy mood of the morning. The bugbear turned his silent observation towards the girl also, but offered her only a blank and tired look, the fear and desperation worn away over the lonely night.

Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Doral nods to the girl in appreciation. "I think that will work. Glasia can cast the spell on Carver, and I can make Vhir invisible. That will take care of the two of us that stand out the most. The rest of us can do little things to change or hide our appearance, then as we get close to the barracks we can briefly use magical mist to obscure our approach if we really need to, unless someone has another idea."

Remove ads