The Game of Kings

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The coldness of the Lhazaar air effected the kobold differently than the rest of the companions; thought it did not make him lethargic (as it would a normal lizard), his need for food did decrease. However, it was still present. Thus, while he did not eat the provisions their patron had provided, by the time the dinner bell was sounded, hunger had returned.

The kobold makes his way to the galley, in no particular hurry. When there, it makes for the food, observing who is joining then and who is not. If any sailors give him odd looks, it will return them---directly, staring into their eyes with all the consquences that occasionally brings. Finally, it will sit at a table occupied with its co-consipirators. It will not initially strike up any conversations, instead focusing on its meal.

Bobitron

Explorer
Glasia seems to be enjoying the sea, spending the majority of her time on the deck. Cloudchaser seems to have taken a liking to Morika, and stops by on an hourly basis to see what she is up to and looking for small treats and attention. The hawk's trust seems to be extending to Glasia as well, who smiles to the shifter whenever their paths cross, even though she remains silent unless spoken to.

The enjoyment was dampened by the cool weather and rocking ship as the climate worsened as the sun fell behind the horizon. Making her way to dinner, she wrapped herself in a cloak again, allowing Cloudchaser to rest on her shoulder. Shivering a little, she sat down to the meal, greeting the archer and kobold with a friendly nod.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Dark_Jackalope said:
[sblock="Doral"]Doral, meanwhile, found a pleasurable enough group of crewmen, who were currently occupied with taking stock of provisions in a lower hold. A light and joking conversation was soon struck up, and before long the beguiler was treated as a companion. (Especially helped by his offer to aid the organization of the rather haphazard storage hold.)

As their work continued on into the evening, for the crewmen’s shift wouldn’t allow them to eat dinner at the normal time, the conversation melted smoothly into more personal subjects. Starting with how interesting it was that they worked with a pirate band, even though they still remain members of the House Lyrandar, it led into how surely they must sometimes do much more dangerous and exciting things than rearrange storage holds.

“Eh, so menny kids a-come to th’ sea, hopin’ fer adventure… but s’lot ah hard work,” the most chatty crewman said, gesturing to the heaps of knotted rope he was untangling. “But sometimes, ‘cuz we’re under orders ah the Prince ‘n all, we getta do some real dang’rous stuffs. ‘Specially on this ‘ere ship, a-‘cuz ah she’s so fast.”[/sblock]

DM
[sblock]
Doral's ears prick up at this. "Wow! It sounds dangerous! But don't you sometimes get worried? I mean, when you attack ships from their cargo there is always the risk the survivors will remember this craft and its crew."

Doral will look at the chatty crewmember with keen interest. If the chatty man insists that they work mostly in something like smuggling, and not in outright bloodshed, Doral will attempt to smooth over any hurt feelings with: "That sounds even more exciting. I bet the tension during that work is enough to make twice the men out of those that can stomach it. I'll drink a pint to your crew when I reach shore." Doral will continue to help before dinner, and turn the conversation to lighter subjects unless something else pricks his interest.
[/sblock]

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Morika enjoys the affection Cloudchaser gives her, and nods absently at Glaisa when she passes, not exactly friendly, but not as belligerant as she had been earlier. When fresh and warm food was offered, however, not even her reluctance of roofs could keep her from heading below. Sliding in at the end of the bench, she puts her elbows on the table and grabs the first meaty thing that crosses her field of vision.

"Sea air gives me the appetite of moose!" she declares, her stomach growling as she scans the table for ale or grog or anything else alchoholic.

Bront

The man with the probe
Dark_Jackalope said:
“So ‘ello, eh, Carver. List’n, about tha’ tour yeh were wanting… I promis’d our dwarv’n dignitaries I’d dine with ‘em. Hope yah don’ mind ‘n all. But, tah make it up to yah, I told Wilsbree up there to explain all ‘bout the Element’l to yeh.” He pointed towards the vapor-tower, where the first mate was navigating the ship.
"Oh, thank you," Carver says.

Carver will question the poor first mate on everything from the use of the elementals and how they're bound to what they eat and what their names are.

Carver seems to enjoy his time in the sea, and smiles to anyone he meets, which is a bit disconcerning for a forged. He is partial to the man he knows as Parlinor and Glasia, and is particularly facinated with cloudchaser, who he has reciently made a carving of. it was not as well done as his rabbit, but it does bear a resemblance to the bird, pirched on a pillow or rock of some kind, which he presents to Glasia, "I hope you like it. It's Cloudchaser, perched on a cloud."

Durring meals, Carver will head down below deck, mostly to see what all the hubbub is about. He will even sample a bit of things here and there, out of curiosity, but never more than a sample.

OOC: Carver's Carving of Cloudchaser

Ringmereth

First Post
Four of the passengers respond promptly to the sound of the dinner bell's ring, and walk into the stern galley to a find a hefty meal prepared for them. Unsurprisingly, the main course is seafood; thick fillets of halibut, lightly seasoned, rest on a platter next to baked dwarven potatoes basted with beer. Dark bread, wedges of cheese, and a salad of Lhazaar greens are also prepared for the guests, and pitchers of ale, red wine, and water are set at each of the three tables in the room. From their seats, the four new companions can see a waning moon above the darkening horizon through the broad aft windows.

- - - - - - - - - -

Meanwhile, Carver is treated to a chance to interrogate Wilsbree, a well-muscled half-elf with a bald head and blue eyes. He tries to explain the mechanics of the ship's controls, but is quickly overwhelmed by the inquisitive warforged. "Listen 'ere, I'm no proper wizard--they're the ones who bind the beasties. All I know's there's a great Khyber shard behind those supports," he explains, pointing below the bridge. "His spirit'n'such man'fests isself in the ring--" he waves his arm at the circle of vapor which drives the vessel "And that is what I concern meself with."

The first mate quickly continues. "It's this," he says, patting the dark wooden helm which dominates the bridge, "that makes House Lyrandar a m'nopoly on this buisness of elemental transit, you see. The wheel holds our elemental quite powerless to resist what I want it t'do. See, without it an' a Mark of Storm, it's your will fightin' his, but next to this, I just tell the Thresher where to go and we're there faster than the wind could carry us."

- - - - - - - - - -

[sblock=Doral]The crewman beside Doral hands him a hefty crate and frowns. "I thinks yeh've got th' wrong idea 'bout this crew. Wer' under th'orders uh the Prince, sure, but we's aren't pirates ourselves. 'ouse Lyrandar," he says firmly, "an't ne'er been one tah plunder shippin', 'specially in th' Princ'palities. We's honest sailors." He nods his chin up a bit at this, a proud gesture of superiority. "We deal 'n tranport, no less, nah' petty piracy." And with that statement, he turned back to his stack of crates, abruptly concluding the conversation.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
When Doral's work is done, he moves to join his adventuring companions if they are still there, or stays with the crew if they are not. Either way, he says to the company present "A beautiful view and good food. Have you ever had a more pleasurable journey?"

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The kobold eat without affected grace but without disgracing manners. Its functional. When it notices the others, it will nod perfunctoraly. When the half-elf sits, it is direct. "Did you determine anything of interest that you can discuss now?"

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
With a smirk Doral says, "Yes. Kobolds are impatient."

He takes his time cutting out some dark bread and laying on some cheese, taking a bite, and washing it down with some red wine. Leaning back in his chair he says, "Ah. What an excellent assignment so far. Besides the tidbit about kobolds, let me lay out everything we know."

"We are on Prince Kolberkon's ship, which is ironic if you think about our mission. We are here to negotiate with that gentleman for what he has in his keeping. No need to get into details now with possible prying ears about."

"We are not the only passengers, nor are we being given the royal treatment, such as the dwarves have received. They are special guests of Prince Kolberkon, from House Kundarak, and are needed by the prince to establish a bank and help stabilize his economy so Port Verge may become a major trading center. In other words, they are extremely important to the man."

"The most important dwarf in the delegation appears to be Kinndareck, who claims to be a member of the Department of Expansion. His attendants are named Iytin and Bourstrart. We have some negotiating to do, so I would suggest that we get to it. One or two of us should approach the dwarves and explain our situation. If we can get on their good side, we may be able to use them to help twist the prince's arm and gain what we came for. Otherwise, perhaps we can find out where they will be working in Port Verge and cause something 'bad', but not necessarily deadly to happen to them. This might cause the Prince to divert his attention to the dwarves, making it easier to recover what we came for."

"Oh, one last thing... we are on one of the Prince's smuggling ships. They aren't pirates, and so they avoid bloodshed and mayhem, but this may be one of the fastest ships and skilled crews in the area. Maybe we can use it to escape with our 'package' later, if we can pay off the crew for betraying the Prince. Or else we can keep our 'package' hidden. If we can't, we may consider scuttling it so the Prince's men can't chase us down on whatever we do use for transport later."

"Just my two coppers,"
he says with a wink.

MadMaxim

First Post
Partash sits in his room still meditating. I'll just remain in my room. Il-Yannah requires my complete attention. I'll ask Morika for some rations later on. I wonder if our journey will stay as quiet as it is now? I certainly hope so.

Remove ads