THE GARFIELD MOVIE - Official Trailer (HD)

Kaodi

Hero
I thought Pratt was okay as Mario. This sounds abysmal though.

I suppose I can at least appreciate the way Garfield calls Vic "my father" which kinda sounds like a Star Wars reference, given Mark Hamill and James Earl Jones.

MGibster

Legend
I literally cannot remember the last time I found Garfield in any way entertaining. If my neice wanted to go see it I'd try to distract her with something shiny.

Garfield’s pretty awesome, if you’re 9 yrs old. But am pretty puzzled to see someone post the trailer here. That said, thanks, as a pretty ad free household might not have known to look out for this for the Garfield inclined member of the household.

1700145265989.png

I liked Garfield as a kid, and I like that my kids read Garfield today. The old animated Garfield holds up reasonably well. Lorenzo Music's voice acting for Garfield was pricelessly perfect. Garfield's Halloween and Xmas specials are still holiday staples around my house. And I will stand by The Nine Lives of Garfield the Cat as one of the top animation anthologies of all time. I also love Garfield Without Garfield.

I think Garfield gets unfairly complained about on the internet. The "cool to hate" vibe got pointed at the comic awhile back. Do you complain when Superman flies or Spiderman slings a web as being tired and derivative? Then don't complain when Garfield eats lasagna.

That being said, this movie looks kinda uninspired. The "origin story" part does absolutely nothing for me. I'm on the fence about Pratt; beyond the fact that I'm not sure I like him, I would much rather they attempt to have continuity with the character, and there's little chance Pratt will be around for TV shows, specials, or sequels. The plot may be better than it seems in the trailer, but it feels boring. Other versions of Garfield have faced everything from realistic panthers to aliens to human sacrifice to psychological horror. This feels a little too safe and sterile to be entertaining.

Garfield’s pretty awesome, if you’re 9 yrs old. But am pretty puzzled to see someone post the trailer here. That said, thanks, as a pretty ad free household might not have known to look out for this for the Garfield inclined member of the household.
What's the age limit on other things?

Remove ads