The Godswar

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
The party is in full swing, the cares of the moment forgotten in the celebration of past and future. Exotic drinks and hours'd'ouvres are served, and the musicians keep up a steady melody loud enough to dance to without covering conversation. The mood is abruptly and rudely broken when a man appears in midair over the dance floor, landing heavily on his feet in a jumble of vestments. As he rises, a panicked look in his eyes, you recognize the High Priest of Apollo in Andorel.

"Disaster strikes! The gods of the North move against the River Kingdoms! Thor himself is leading an army towards the High Woods, to cross the Dragonspine Mountains into Hierakonpolis itself! If the Northmen invade elven territory, this war will spread across the entire world! You must do something!"

Wynter Wolf

First Post
Vlad politely exscuses himself from the queen, and moves over to the priest. "Can i get you something to drink? Explain more of this invasion Thor himself is actually leading the army??"

Wrahn

First Post
Thor himself? Why would the thunder god manifest an avatar to lead a war? There is something very wrong here. Talariel thinks to herself.

Standing out of the way over by the entrance, she reaches into a side pouch and produces a set of reading glasses. She puts them on and looks at the messanger with true sight.

Sending across the telepathic bond If Thor is leading an army other gods will soon counter and we may be embroiled in a full fledged godwar. We must stop this now, if we can.

Wynter Wolf

First Post
Across the Telepathic bond "I agree with that assesment, Get me near the army and i will do some scouting. I just need about 5 minutes to get my stuff."

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Wynter Wolf said:
Vlad politely exscuses himself from the queen, and moves over to the priest. "Can i get you something to drink? Explain more of this invasion Thor himself is actually leading the army??"

He seems to snap out of a near-trance. "What have I seen? What did I say?"

Wrahn

First Post
Talariel will walk up, "You mentioned something about Thor leading an army and entering an elven forest, enraging the Seldarine." Sher will turn to the high priest of Apollo, "Perhaps some explaination is in order?"

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Wrahn said:
Talariel will walk up, "You mentioned something about Thor leading an army and entering an elven forest, enraging the Seldarine." Sher will turn to the high priest of Apollo, "Perhaps some explaination is in order?"

"I had a trance, a vision. You say an army is entering elven territory, led by Thor? This is terrible news! What is to be done?"

Pyrex

First Post
OOC: What's his name & title?

Lochlan steps up from the back bringing a glass of chilled wine to the High Priest. "Are your visions of the present or of the future?"

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Pyrex said:
OOC: What's his name & title?

Lochlan steps up from the back bringing a glass of chilled wine to the High Priest. "Are your visions of the present or of the future?"

OOC: Vardan. While most should address him as Holiness or Excellency, such as you need not stand by titles under most circumstances.

"The future. Apollo is God of Oracles, not historians."

Wrahn

First Post
"In addition is it a message from Apollo or one of your functions as his high priest of the god of prophesy. Do you know why you appeared here?"

Over the mind link, Though the Northmen's Gods tend to be a little blood thirsty, I can not imagine that they would be willing to start a war between the Gods on a whim. Particularly Thor, whom has vowed to protect the mortal world. Anyone have any idea what would have triggered this?

Last edited:

Remove ads