• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Godswar

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Wrahn said:
"In addition is it a message from Apollo or one of your functions as his high priest of the god of prophesy. Do you know why you appeared here?"

"I remember only that I had to warn you of something. I must have used some magic to come here."

Wrahn

First Post
"Then I assume this is an uncommon occurance, when you loose yourself such as this. I think we can then assume it is a direct warning from Apollo. Thank you, your Holiness, hopefully your warning will be in time." Talariel looks around the ballroom for the others.

It seems everytime we gather disaster strikes at our heels. None the less, we called into action once again my friends. Does everyone have their equipment?" Talariel sends over the link.

She will make her way to the Queen Laidri, "I am sorry for the spectacle your majesty. Further, I must beg your indulgence in my friends and my absence at your celebration, as we must attend to this situation before it turns to a full blown disaster."

I will need a moment to put on my armor and cast my spells. I will meet you all in the courtyard in 10 minutes. She sends again over the link.

Talariel will make her way out of the ballroom and out of sight from observers and teleport to her room. She gets into her equipment and casts her normal long duration spells, then teleports to the courtyard, 10 minutes later.

As she steps foot into the courtyard, there is the familiar feeling of inspiration which accompanies her casting of the Greater Cloak of Bravery. Her beautiful gown appears both dangerously low cut and completely inappropriate for adventuring, but you are all aware that it is in fact her glamered armor. (Which was taken from a powerful sucubus, Talariel tends to be embarrassed by the cut of the dress. It also doesn't help that it supernaturally enhances her appearance and she tends to draw every eye in the room).

(ooc: It should be noted, as long as she has Greater Cloak of Bravery up, you are her ally, you are withing 1 mile and can see her, you are immune to fear and get a +2 Morale bonus to attack)

Pyrex

First Post
Paxus Asclepius said:
OOC: Vardan. While most should address him as Holiness or Excellency, such as you need not stand by titles under most circumstances.

"The future. Apollo is God of Oracles, not historians."

"Excellency, do you have a feeling for when this vision may come to pass? Is Thor's army likely to begin marching within next couple days or could the events you have seen come to pass a fortnight from now?"

Over the mindlink, "Slow down Tal, an extra few minutes to speak with Vardan is likely to be less dangerous and more productive than charging off across the continent."

Last edited:

Wrahn

First Post
Lochlan said:
Over the mindlink, "Slow down Tal, an extra few minutes to speak with Vardan is likely to be less dangerous and more productive than charging off across the continent."

I concur, it will just take a little time for me to get into my armor. I am not sure what he knows however, he just seems to be conduit. My preperations should give you enough time to find out though. Let me know. Talariel replies over the mindlink.

Last edited:

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Pyrex said:
"Excellency, do you have a feeling for when this vision may come to pass? Is Thor's army likely to begin marching within next couple days or could the events you have seen come to pass a fortnight from now?"

"I can't say; do you remember exactly the words I spoke? From those, I might be able to guess, but if it was this urgent, it may already have come to pass."

OOC: Lochlan doesn't remember any of the phrasing at all. Taltos and Talariel remember the gist of it, but not the exact words. Kel will be able to repeat it verbatim.

Pyrex

First Post
OOC: Was I just too far away to hear clearly or is there some other reason Lochlan doesn't remember?

Over the bond,
"Can one of you repeat the exact words of Vardan's prophecy? I couldn't hear him well enough."

Wrahn

First Post
Not the precise wording. It was a warning of the northmen coming through High Wood and the dragonspine mountains to attack Hierakonpolis. If they enter the High Woods, it will spark a war across the world, is the essence of it. Talariel responds over the link, Is his Holiness going to try to interpret his prophecy?

Last edited:

Mithreander

Explorer
Thoria, hearing Talarial as she moves up to the others, makes sure to mind her evening gown as she walks up, her hand absently brushing her golden locks from her eyes.

"Yes, please do try. On only that, but with this potential threat, perhaps it brings to mind other prophecies that may tell us some of what to expect, and the expected behaviour to overcoming it? This would not be the first time we've been unwitting pawns of prophecy, and it surely will not be the last. Still, it's alway nice to hear what we have to do to avoid the always unpleasant consequences of not doing things correctly."

She then turns to the others and verbally, as well as through the link (as was her custom), she asked the rest of the group "Do any of you remember any prophesies of devine wars? Surely if there is to be one, there must be something."

Thoria could see the advantages of the link, but there still felt as if there was something dishonest about it.

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Pyrex said:
OOC: Was I just too far away to hear clearly or is there some other reason Lochlan doesn't remember?

OOC: A natural 1 on your Int check to remember. You were too concerned with the sudden appearance of a ranking clergyman to note his words.

Remove ads