• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Godswar

Mithreander

Explorer
THrough the link, THoria continues to make her case, though she sees that her point is not seen by the others... once more. It seems they only think of her as a brick... a wall to absorb potential damage that they would have taken, not a mind. THoria doesn't mind, for most of the time, their beliefs are justified, but in this case, she feels very strongly about this. Being a priestess, she feels she has to voice these strong feeling incase they have been sent by her god instead of them being her own musings.

Please concider what you propose. Thor has been known as a protector of good, and a just god. To move against him may trigger the very events that you think you are avoiding! Does he work alone? Maybe right now he does, but if you move against him, you may bring the wrath of the entire panthanon on us! Are you all prepared to face the wrath of the northern gods? I'm not! Besides, the gods are not stupid. They know that their actions, if unjust, will provoke the other panthanons. I find it hard to believe they would take that risk!

Pyrex

First Post
"Tal, if, as we speak, Thor is knocking on the gates of Hierakonpolis with his hammer there is precious little we can do about it except pick up the pieces. We can't take on the entire Norse army, we need more information about what's happening. More importantly, we need to know why its happening.

Kel, can you give me a hand with the what while Thoria is looking into why? Tal, do you know any celestials serving Thor who might be willing to talk?
"

Last edited:

Mithreander

Explorer
Thoria sighs in releaf as Lochlan joins her cause. She starts to head towards where the librarian had headed mindspeaching to the others I'll see what information can be found here. If I find nothing here, then I'll head to the Vaults of Prescious. If the scholars there can not find anything, then no one has anything fortelling this event.

OOC: I'm taking a lot of leadway here not knowing as much of this world as my character does. In most campaine settings, there is one center of knowlegde that dwarfs all others. I called it Vault of Precsious here, but if it's named something else, or if there is none, or if my character does not know of it for some reason, then let me know and I'll edit this post.

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
OOC: Mithreander, that's fine; we're essentially building the world as we go, so unless something seems questionable or against established flavor, there's really nothing wrong with adding it in.

Wrahn, the Norse gods admit of almost no hierarchy amongst their priests; the church is ecumenical, if heavily politicized. There are probably a dozen learned and respected priests of Thor who'd be about the equivalent of cardinals, and another two dozen who think they fall into the latter category. Your travels have taken you around much of the world; you'd likely be familiar with three or four spots within a day's march (so much faster via magical flight) of your destination.

Wrahn

First Post
I have no intention of bringing my might to bear against the Thunder God, nor would I suggest any of you do so. That isn't the danger here. While a godwar between two pantheons would be staggering in its destruction, and certainly worth our time to avert, Apollo was warning us of Thor incursion into the realm of the Seldarine. They will not sit idly by why he marches through their lands. If the Elven gods get involved then other will get involved. It will spark a full fledged worldwide Godwar. If we can convince Thor to divert his course, it will give us time to figure out what is actually going on and perhaps come to a more amicable solution. Talariel sends over the link.

Mithreander

Explorer
I think that's an exellent idea. See if you can contact a member of the Thunder gods sect to see if they have information on this impending attack. If nothing else, through them you may be able to comunicate with the Thunder god, indirectly if nothing else. she replies over the link.

Thoria contnues down the hall, her gown turning into a more confortable, explorers outfit with boots, a cloak and tunic. This place is a maze! Where the heck did that librarian go! accedently sending her frustrations over the mind link, like normal.

Pyrex

First Post
Poring over the map with Kel and the advisor, Lochlan points toward the coastline.

"It seems likely that the army would likely gather & march down the coastline here on the way to the High Wood. Kel, can you see about taking a look and seeing if they've made it that far yet?"

OOC: Haven't checked Kel's sheet, do you have a scrying mirror?

Jemal

Adventurer
Pyrex said:
Poring over the map with Kel and the advisor, Lochlan points toward the coastline.

"It seems likely that the army would likely gather & march down the coastline here on the way to the High Wood. Kel, can you see about taking a look and seeing if they've made it that far yet?"

OOC: Haven't checked Kel's sheet, do you have a scrying mirror?

OOC: Even better, Greater Scrying. No focus required. Unfortunately, it requires me to scry on a specific person...
PS: as usual, all verbal messages are repeated Mentally unless otherwise stated.

IC: Kel listened to their conversations about taking on Thor and his army, wondering how much of it was directed at his.. 'arrogance' as they called it.
"Do not worry, anybody, I know far better than you could imagine how foolish it would be to take on a god... The army, on the other hand, wouldn't be so difficult, without a god..." He trails off for a second, imagining a battle against an army, a smile on his face, then shakes his head and continues " With that said, we still need to find out what's happening before we make any hard decisions... If the only way to protect this land is to stand before a god and try to slow him down, then that's what I'll do.. Hopefully we'll need not take such drastic measures, but let's just find out, shall we?"

Kel turned from the map before him to look at Lochlan, thinking for a minute "I wouldn't be able to scry around without a person to focus on." He stops for a second "I'll just head there myself and take a look around. Anybody want to come for the ride?"
"By the way, it's the next left, Thoria."

Last edited:

Wrahn

First Post
Alright, you take the coast, I am going to check along High Wood, I know a few places to teleport to. I also have Discern Location memorized which will get the location of ranking member of Thor's clergy. Thondur I seem to remember being a "cardinal" in his church and a little free with his hands. Talariel sends over the link, finally finished with her preparations.

Don't worry Thoria, I used to get lost here all the time. We need to gather so I can cast Greater Status on the group before we do anything too foolish

Pyrex

First Post
OOC: Doh! Forgot you need the nifty mirror to scry a location...

"For the moment I'll stay here researching with Thoria. Kel, on your way to the coast how about dropping off Vlad in Heirakonpolis? There may well be a good reason Thor's marching there. Vlad, do you have any contacts there? Either way, I suspect you'll be able to get the lay of the land pretty quickly."

Last edited:

Remove ads