• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Great Breach Has Been Repelled!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
So, with the Campaign Manager gone... Does it mean that my campaign notes were obliterated? I had saved around 30 hours worth of work in there. Or does there exist a chance of salvaging old campaigns along with the campaign manager at some point?
The good news is that our *database* is intact. So we haven't lost any data; just the code and files which displays the data. If we can get those things rewritten, the data will appear again.

plancktum

First Post
The good news is that our *database* is intact. So we haven't lost any data; just the code and files which displays the data. If we can get those things rewritten, the data will appear again.

Just for curiosity: Don't you have any backups? Or what happend to them? No version control? No Backups on other computers? I don't understand the problem at the moment.
Could you maybe explain, what exactly happened?

But for now I will subscribe to help you ;)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Just for curiosity: Don't you have any backups? Or what happend to them? No version control? No Backups on other computers? I don't understand the problem at the moment.
Of course we have; but we don't know when we were compromised and would never know whether we'd found everything. So we can't even trust the backups. Plus all that custom code was for an older version of the software we use, and the prudent thing was to upgrade to a version with better security, rendering much of the code incompatible even IF we felt we could trust it. Some of the newer stuff will be easier - we just ask those who developed it to update it for vBulletin 4 and we can install it (the wiki and OGRE I'm anticipating as being fairly easy).

Good to see you guys up and running. Your absence has reminded me how much I look forward to visiting your page. I haven't been able to actively game for three years now, so your site is my lifeline. Promptly popped for a gold subscription. Hope it helps. Any other way to make a contribution?

plancktum

First Post
Of course we have; but we don't know when we were compromised and would never know whether we'd found everything. So we can't even trust the backups. Plus all that custom code was for an older version of the software we use, and the prudent thing was to upgrade to a version with better security, rendering much of the code incompatible even IF we felt we could trust it. Some of the newer stuff will be easier - we just ask those who developed it to update it for vBulletin 4 and we can install it (the wiki and OGRE I'm anticipating as being fairly easy).

Yeah. That sounds reasonable. Thanks for your answer :) I hope the community support will help you to get everything to work.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Seems like google is still listing EN World as an attack page for some people (I got the warning on my other computer around 8AM Central (North American) time today 8 Dec, and a friend of mine in the UK mentioned it in email around the same time). Does it just take a while for google to clear the site after you've told them it's clean now? Anyway, no real problem on my end, just wanted to make sure you know.

And very glad it's back up!

darjr

I crit!
Seems like google is still listing EN World as an attack page for some people (I got the warning on my other computer around 8AM Central (North American) time today 8 Dec, and a friend of mine in the UK mentioned it in email around the same time). Does it just take a while for google to clear the site after you've told them it's clean now? Anyway, no real problem on my end, just wanted to make sure you know.

And very glad it's back up!

I would dearly appreciate a post of the urls that generated the warnings. We had a few of them related to a similar issue with High Moon media and a signature, removed offending signature and the warnings stopped, just fyi. Note that I don't believe that ENWorld's breach and High Moon Media's were directly related.

Cleon

Legend
I would dearly appreciate a post of the urls that generated the warnings. We had a few of them related to a similar issue with High Moon media and a signature, removed offending signature and the warnings stopped, just fyi. Note that I don't believe that ENWorld's breach and High Moon Media's were directly related.

The friend in the UK would be me.

I was getting attack-page warnings from Google this morning (Sunday 9th December) but I've been able to access Enworld without problem since about 1500 GMT.

I'll send you an email with the URLs that I tried Darjr - or at least those I can remember!

Cleon

Legend

I sent you an email and then noticed you asked for a post of the URLs, so I might as well repeat them here.

I'd been getting warnings on:

http://www.enworld.org/
http://www.enworld.org/forum/general-monster-talk/
http://creaturecatalog.enworld.org/cc/index.php
*SNIP*
http://www.enworld.org/forum/genera...ures-awaiting-upload-current-conversions.html

All the above are now working without Attack Warnings.

I do get a "page isn't redirecting properly" error if I try to open the "awaiting-upload-current-conversions" URL, since the new forum uses different URLs for the pages - that page is at http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...-Conversions&p=5967484&viewfull=1#post5967484 now.

I was also getting an Attack Warning when I tried to open the Creature Catalog Admin page, but I've got access to that now as well. I fiddled around Editing my Test Creature at http://creaturecatalog.enworld.org/cc/converted/view_c.php?CreatureID=1920 and it seems to work fine.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure

yahooo!!!

**happy dance**

Remove ads