• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The "H" Series

Montkiva

First Post
I was looking through my preorders on Amazon today and noticed something strange.

H1 - Keep on the Shadowfell and H3 - Pyramid of Shadows are both hardcover books. H2 - Thunderspire Labyrinth is a paperback, softcover book.

What gives? It would be nice to have all three be hardcover and it will be strange to have them sitting there on the shelf, mismatched and fugly looking.

jeffh

Adventurer
You're assuming the Amazon listings for books that haven't been released yet are accurate. I wouldn't assume that.

Propagandroid

First Post
All of the adventures will be in the same format, which is a 96-page adventure and three double-sided poster maps in a folio that makes it easy to store (basically a thick paper folder).

thalmin

Retired game store owner
I looked at a copy of Keep on the Shadowfell at the GTS. It is not a hardcover, it is a folio style module. The adventure is full color, though on thin paper stock, likewise the quick start rules book. The folio also contains three double-sided poster-size maps.

D'karr

Adventurer
Propagandroid said:
All of the adventures will be in the same format, which is a 96-page adventure and three double-sided poster maps in a folio that makes it easy to store (basically a thick paper folder).

This is the same format they used for Shattered Gates of SlaughterGarde. It's not a great format but it works okay for adventures.

arscott

First Post
thalmin said:
I looked at a copy of Keep on the Shadowfell at the GTS. It is not a hardcover, it is a folio style module. The adventure is full color, though on thin paper stock, likewise the quick start rules book. The folio also contains three double-sided poster-size maps.
Let me see if I understand this correctly: We get two separate booklets? The adventure booklet and the quickstart rules booklet?

Plus of course, the maps. What about the Pregenerated Characters? Are they their own peices of paper? Pages printed within one of the booklets? or something else?

Eridanis

Bard 7/Mod (ret) 10/Mgr 3
thalmin said:
The folio also contains three double-sided poster-size maps.
Are the maps just tactical-level minis maps, or does one of them display the area of the adventure?

thalmin

Retired game store owner
The maps are tactical, though I didn't open them all up. I don't rememder which book had the pregens. I think there were only 5 pregens, I was expecting 6.

Propagandroid

First Post
thalmin said:
The maps are tactical, though I didn't open them all up. I don't rememder which book had the pregens. I think there were only 5 pregens, I was expecting 6.

The pre-gens were in the QuickStart book, and I believe all three maps were tactical maps.

There is a map of the entire region in which the H, P, and E series of adventures will take place found in the DMG, with locations like the Keep on the Shadowfell called out.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads