Pathfinder 1E The Haunting of Calithil Manor

ealt

Explorer
Calithil Manor - Kitchen

The covering of blood eaten away by Aelspeth's acid is quickly replaced as more of the dark fluid seems to weep from the bone itself in tiny droplets forming a frightening mask on the skeleton's face. The skeleton's eyes blaze with fury and it let's forth an inhuman wail that chills each party member to the core. Zinnelis' arrow catches the beast in mid-cry, cutting the wail short. It returns it focus to the large tiefling before it, seeming oblivious to Theia's spell, just in time to catch a greatsword blade in the midsection. More dark blood wells from the numerous cracks in the bone that have been inflicted in the most recent assault. The skeleton again swings its cleaver at Rak'tan, but the tiefling is able to shield himself from the blow with his great blade.

ealt

Explorer
Leira Olren, Master of Martial Arts

With a roar of rage, Leira delivers a solid kick to the skeletons midsection. "I'll teach you to hurt my companions you skeletal bastard!"

ealt

Explorer
Theia Merryweather, Black Mage

As the bleeding skeleton ignored Theia's spell, she in turn responds in kind and turns a deaf ear to it's cacophonous wail. In fact, she takes a few steps forward, merely crosses her arms, and casually watches the combat continue.

ealt

Explorer
Zinnelis Laediril

Zinnelis Laediril, Elven Ranger (Level 2)
Calathil Manor
Late Afternoon
Round 2

Will save: 1D20+2 = [15]+2 = 17

Zinnelis winced as the undead creature let out a wail. He shook it off, however, and fired another arrow, but this one went wide as he was bumped into by Rak’Tan, who seemed shaken by the creature’s unearthly wail.

ealt

Explorer
Intermission

Our valiant heroes triumph over the foul skeletal Chef Giuseppe. Left alone in the manor kitchen, a particularly brave tiefling samples the undead chef's cooking out of curiosity. Meanwhile, a pool of blood seems to be reconstituting itself near where the chef met his end again.

ealt

Explorer
Leira Olren, Master of Martial Arts

Leira's ears perk up, at the mention of the chef possibly returning from death again. "Well Lady Theia, I'd be happy to break every part of our friend there. I'd doubt it'd be much of a threat with all it's bones pulverized." She cracks her knuckles. "Shall I get to work?"

Realizing Rak'tan is actually tasting some of the broth that is cooking, Leira resists the urge to retch. "That's pretty foul. I don't care if that thing tastes like the finest roast, it was made by..." She points at the chef, "Whatever he was, or is."

ealt

Explorer
Rak'Tan Veragni

Rak'Tan smiles back at Theia, and continues to take a sip, then looks at the others, before saying "Not that bad, though the chef apparently didn't have any sense of taste." Rak'Tan grins widely at this, apparently proud of his joke.

ealt

Explorer
Aelspeth Noromiel, Novice Conjurer

Aelspeth stares at Rak'Tan in abject horror, her head slightly rearing back away from the grisly sight and her face puckered. She claps a hand over her mouth and her cheeks bulge for only a second. She waits in anticipation of the tiefling warrior's reaction to the stuff, hoping against hope that there are some curative properties and not a mere gateway to cannibalism.

Remove ads