• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Heretic of Wyre

Jeremy

Explorer
YAAAAYYY!!

I'm very happy for your player's withdrawal symptoms. Because between your grasp of your world's behind-the-scenes workings and wheel turnings and ability to bring it into play and your players excellent and entertaining takes on philosophy not to mention side interests make for an entertaining evening not even matched by actually gaming.

<cheers>

Broccli_Head said:

The Curia seems more devious than before. What is their general alignment?

Broadly, Lawful Neutral - which has been the problem all along. I'm not sure deviousness is necessarily accurate - I wanted to portray a group of people at the head of a hierarchy, paranoid about losing their own power, and maybe denying certain promptings from their own consciences. Hethio, the power behind Rede's position, is guilty of this in particular. And HE is devious.

Cosmologically, I had to retrofit Inevitables into the game and rationalize their existence when MotP came out, but I liked them so much that I couldn't resist. They represent absolute law, and the punishment of transgressions against it - there is certainly an aspect of Oronthon to which they correspond - although a less exalted one than celestials.

Remember, the Curia is theoretically infallible in its wisdom. If it issued a proclamation stating that all Oronthonians had to wear yellow hats, or be counted heretics, then all green-hatted Oronthonians would be in open contempt of the Truth.

Cyronax

Explorer
Inevitables do kick major a$$! They are some of the coolest monsters out there.

Thanks for continuing with the updates Sep. Great stuff as always!

C.I.D.

dpdx

Explorer
This Story Hour, if made into a book, would outsell Dragonlance. Of this I am absolutely convinced.

Unbelievable storytelling. I'm in awe.

Darklone

I'm very glad that you guys kept on playing :D

Mostin will probably help Feezuu to find himself if he keeps on peeping on her...

Harp

First Post
Dang, and I'd just wrapped my mind around the shift to The Bitter Edge. Eh, I'm sure I'll readjust just fine. ;)

One thing about the Wyre campaign... it's definitely opened my eyes to the beauty of celestial and infernal elements in the game. That Feezuu's a treat.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads