The Heroes of House Tharashk

Old Fezziwig

What this book presupposes is -- maybe he didn't?
"I'd be happy to sit here, Bursak. Thanks." Cazanjan follows Myrta to find chair.

In response to Myrta's description...
"Good enough for me." Cazanjan grins. He hails a server, orders some ale, tips a little extra (provided that it's not frowned upon), and gets ready to eat some crab. As he settles in to eat, he turns to Myrta and Bursak. Between mouthfuls, he asks them, "If tonight's such a big deal, though, where's Huckabee?"

cdsaint

First Post
"HA! Where's Huckabee? Where's he gone then? I'll tell you friend dwarf! Xoriat! He's gone messily, noisily stark raving mad! And he was whistling a merry tune and skipping like a bloody maid on the way!" About this time the patrons around you are backing away slightly. He notices, and seems to settle himself a bit."Fifty blasted years of insanity." he mumbles.

"Do you have a woman Cazanjan? Have you noticed how a woman will cause a man's wits to flee? Don't misunderstand friends, a good woman is a marvel, but what do you do when she won't leave you but won't stay with you either? When she wings back into your life every 6 months or so, and oh, by the way, drops off a child or two every few years? You go slowly, messily mad, that's what. Now she's back, and in a few days she'll leave, and old Bursak'll be stuck picking up the pieces. Again."

Old Fezziwig

"By Kol Korran. I didn't know," Cazanjan says quietly. "I apologize. That really wasn't any of my business."

Last edited:

cdsaint

First Post
"Eh.... not your fault. Nothin anybody can do about it. Oh well, at least Hucks safe with her her. Yelena is nothing if not formidable." At this, Bursak rises unsteadily to his feet and wanders off.

As he leaves Cypress swings by to drop off refills and more crabs. "Don't pay Bursak too much mind. He just has very definate ideas of what's proper behavior for a woman. My grandparents have had an arrangement that works for fifty years, but it still sticks in Bursaks craw that it doesn't fit into his view of how things should be.

Oh, by the way, the musicians will be setting up on the lawn in front of the tavern and there will be dancing most of the night if anyone is interested."

As you're finishing up your meal, Willum d'Tornn walks by with Trelecan Derry in tow. "Gentlemen! I'm pleased to see you're enjoying yourselves. Are you free to join me for lunch at my family home tomorrow? I have some people I would like to introduce you to. Some of them may be able to assist you in your endeavors.

Old Fezziwig

"The pleasure to see you, Master d'Tornn, is mine. I am absolutely free to join you tomorrow and would be happy to meet anyone willing to assist us. Would you like to join us for a drink right now?"

cdsaint

First Post
"What a wonderful Idea! As soon as I heard it was Crab Night I grabbed a boat and hurried to get Trelecan over here. I was hoping that since you were staying here someone would see fit to introduce you to my favorite local custom. Since it looks like Myrta took care of that, I won't have to try and get someone to track you down.

Do you mind if Trelecan joins us?"

Old Fezziwig

"Of course." Cazanjan stands and bows slightly. "Cazanjan d'Kundurak of the Mror Holds and Kol Korran at your service. Please join us." The dwarf sits and breaks into a wide grin. "Now what can I order you fellows?"

cdsaint

First Post
"Why, crab, of course! What else would one eat on Crab Night?" And please, call me Willum, or Will.

As the cracking of shells begins, Willum and Trelecan make small talk with you. Trelecan has been in town for about 3 months, busy setting up his shrine, meeting people and trying to convert them. Apparently with limited success.

Dox:
Willum and Trelecan have the ease of long friendship in thier speech and mannerisms.

If you have any questions feel free to ask them, otherwise you all eat your fill (or more) and either retire to your rooms, or to the lawn where music and dancing are going on.

Remove ads