The Hive behind the Hive...

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
We have the second greatest Social Group on EnWorld [in terms of members only, of course. ;)]

Don't know how CMG has so many members though, but since even I've got an invite, I think they did some sort of spam maybe. Just mean that I've never really done ANYTHING with CMG and yet I've been invited. Weird.

Dr. Horrible's Sing A Long Blog said:
Look at these People
Amazing how sheeple
Show up for the slaughter

No one condemning
You lined up like lemmings
You led to the water

It's because of their spamming and attracting sheep via that message you hinted at in the public Hive. Sorry to say, but I suspect they only did that to obtain a free forum and leech off ENWorld's bandwidth like a parasitic worm.

My proof? Here's their php-nuke CMS based website. Notice that it lacks a forum that is readily accessible to the public without them creating an account (that is assuming there is one once you have an account).

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
CMG are very proactive in promoting themselves - pretty good idea really, considering that they're a small company and can't compete in other ways.

Then why not just create products and promote them like The Le always does?

Sadly, since their products have no visibility (on this website or even their own) shamelessly promoting their own existence does nothing to help them compete since the quality of their products is still unknown..

Sorry to say, but even if he is the nicest guy around, that still means nothing when it comes to him showing that he deserves monetary recognition of his game designing skills. Giving good gaming advice and telling a good story is one thing.. creating coherent and quality rules to add into a game is another.

Last edited:

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Then why not just create products and promote them like The Le always does?

Sadly, since their products have no visibility (on this website or even their own) shamelessly promoting their own existence does nothing to help them compete since the quality of their products is still unknown..

Sorry to say, but even if he is the nicest guy around, that still means nothing when it comes to him showing that he deserves monetary recognition of his game designing skills. Giving good gaming advice and telling a good story is one thing.. creating coherent and quality rules to add into a game is another.

Speaking of which, I can name at least 2 product lines by The Le and numerous products, but I can't think of, off-hand, a single product done by CMG.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Speaking of which, I can name at least 2 product lines by The Le and numerous products, but I can't think of, off-hand, a single product done by CMG.

Same here, and in my case, as far as The Le is conserned, it was because I was a smiggen insulted at the unorthedox goth book since I initially did not read the fine print and failed to realize that he was being satirical. I eventually realized that I was taking myself too seriously and needed to lighten up and once I did that I saw the brilliance of that book.

However, CMG required an RPGnow search to find mentions of their products.

Last edited:

Remove ads