• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Hive is (realy) Dead! Long Live the Hive Mind!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurora

First Post
hafrogman said:
Not really, as discussed before. I think I need to start conning smaller. Try out Hexacon or something before I jump feet first into four days on the other side of the country.

Mostly I was just curious if you'd told your relatives yet. :)
That I game? Oh hell no. Well, I told my sister, and she was okay with it. I guess I am a chicken and just don't want to deal with the "well Jack Chick from Focus on the Family says......"

Come on. Why start small? ;)

hafrogman

Adventurer
Aurora said:
That I game? Oh hell no. Well, I told my sister, and she was okay with it. I guess I am a chicken and just don't want to deal with the "well Jack Chick from Focus on the Family says......"

Come on. Why start small? ;)
Well, actually I meant the whole 1st birthday at Gen-con thing, but I guess if they don't know you game, then taking their new grandchild/neice/cousin what-have-you to a whole convention of gamers also hasn't been aired.

I think that these days, D&D has faded from the devil worshiper scene and been firmly ensconced in the nerd scene. Fantasy always attracts some ire, but it didn't really slow down Pokemon or Harry Potter. But I can't vouch for your family obviously.

Aurora

First Post
hafrogman said:
Well, actually I meant the whole 1st birthday at Gen-con thing, but I guess if they don't know you game, then taking their new grandchild/neice/cousin what-have-you to a whole convention of gamers also hasn't been aired.

I think that these days, D&D has faded from the devil worshiper scene and been firmly ensconced in the nerd scene. Fantasy always attracts some ire, but it didn't really slow down Pokemon or Harry Potter. But I can't vouch for your family obviously.
Oh. :lol: No, we haven't told them "we will be out of town at a convention" yet. ;) If asked, it is a gaming convention. No need to give further details. That would be enough for my family. I think my parents think "game night" is when we play video games.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Aurora said:
Oh. :lol: No, we haven't told them "we will be out of town at a convention" yet. ;) If asked, it is a gaming convention. No need to give further details. That would be enough for my family. I think my parents think "game night" is when we play video games.
No, no. Surely it's good ol' fashioned family games. Monopoly. Bridge. Stuff like that. :D Still, I guess you're not really hiding it from them. They just don't ask questions.

Now I have a desire to make wholesome family games out of D&D.

Bridge, two teams of two players battle it out for control of a river crossing. Added difficulty: wooden bridge, no fireballs.

Monopoly, the players are a team of thugs and troubleshooters working for a merchant seeking to eliminate the competition. Wreak as much havoc as you can while avoiding the guards who want to send you directly to jail.

Aurora

First Post
I would so totally learn to play bridge. I asked my grandma to teach me and she sad no. :( She said it would take way to long to learn.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Aurora said:
I would so totally learn to play bridge. I asked my grandma to teach me and she sad no. :( She said it would take way to long to learn.
Volunteer at a senior center. You might be able to learn there. :)

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Bront said:
You mean the entire hive? or just you?

You want to catch up, join a PbP. That's where most of my posts come from.

Me? Heck no! I would have to EnWorld day and night for that kind of thing, and I am incapable of doing that. I meant the Hive altogether, that the number of posts in this thread will eventually bypass the postcount of the singular poster who goes by the name of Crothian [although there are certainly debates on whether Crothian truly is a singular person or not].

hafrogman

Adventurer
Dog Moon said:
Me? Heck no! I would have to EnWorld day and night for that kind of thing, and I am incapable of doing that. I meant the Hive altogether, that the number of posts in this thread will eventually bypass the postcount of the singular poster who goes by the name of Crothian [although there are certainly debates on whether Crothian truly is a singular person or not].
Pfft, you know you want to break 40k posts sooner or later. Don't try denying it.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Aurora said:
The basics aren't that difficult from what I recall. I learned how to play (badly) in one evening. I never played again, and have forgotten, but she might have been referring to how long it would take to train you to be a decent partner. :D Granny got game, straight out told you. Word.

But yeah, read a basic play guide, find a computer version and learn strategy there, and voila. It's how I learned hearts and canasta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads